Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demons in the bible

ranrod

Ranrod,

Yes they are evil. They are going to the lake of fire no matter what. They are trying to take as many of us down with them as they possibly can. They want to hurt and torment us if possible.

Are those beliefs in the bible or other early Christian writting? Also, what would be their motivation?

Ranrod,

Jealousy is what drives Satan to attack us and bring us down. Satan knows he doesn't have a chance to repent and that soon he is going to be thrown into everlasting destruction and total seperation from God. God created us to be with him. We have an opportunity to inherit the the kingdom of God. The very estate in which Satan has chosen to leave. Just like Satan we have free will and this he uses against us. God dosn't want any of us to perish. It hurts God when we rebel against him choose not to be in fellowship with him and Satan knows this. So I Believe hurting God is The only thing Satan can do to try to get even with God before his judgement comes.

Revelation 20:10 "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night forever and ever."

Revelation 20:15 "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Revelation 21:7-8 "He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearfull, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Satans ultimate goal is to bring us down with him. Misery loves company.

Satans ultimate goal is to bring us down with him. Misery loves company.

So the stereotype where demons torment and punish human souls in hell is wrong? Demons, Satan, and human souls all suffer together?

Demons are metaphors for all of the rotten behaviors humans engage in or for people who are engaging in rotten behavior.

So the stereotype where demons torment and punish human souls in hell is wrong? Demons, Satan, and human souls all suffer together?

Well im sure they torment peopel too, but

yes, that is the gist everyone is suffering

despite what AC/DC would tell us.

Hell IS a bad place to be

Edited by SkepticalB

Ranron,

Yes, this means Satan, demons and lost souls will suffer together. Speaking of Satan and the inhabitance of hell, Isaiah 14:15-16 states "Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;"

Satan and the other demons will have their powers taken away. I do not think that they will be tormenting anyone.

Edited by Ogbin

Demons are metaphors for all of the rotten behaviors humans engage in or for people who are engaging in rotten behavior.

In the bible, and presumably olden times, aren't they also used to explain lunacy, crime and disease? Since it's part of the religion, do many Christians live by this? I can see being in favor of the death penalty because of this.

I was under the impression that Angels were indeed sexual beings, this because they previously had sex with human women, which then gave birth to the race of giants. I know the book of Enoch is not widely accepted as part of the gospels, but I believe it elaborates a little more than the others. If you research about the giants, many remains of presumed giants have been discovered all over the world as well. Very interesting stuff.

Angels never had sex with humans. The sons of God (ancestors of Adam and Eva) MARRIED (marriage is a lot longer than sex) the daughters of men (Gentiles) who were created male and female on Day Six. Six is God's number for Gentiles. Adam was created Day Eight. Eight is God's number for beginning again that which is already.

Adam, named Man (capitalized), was the first of the line which was prophecied to produce the seed Jesus would come through who would bruise the serpent's head. That is why Jesus was called the Son of Man. He is a direct descendent of Adam. Gentiles are often called sons of men in the Bible.

The sons of God (Adam's descendants) MARRIED the daughters of men (Gentiles). All whom they chose.

God bless

Satan, demons, sin, suffering, are not part of my lexicon. Love, forgiveness, joy, celebration, compassion, wisdom, these are where I choose to focus. Do you think maybe shifting our focus to the positive is an antidote for the troubles of the world? Our consciousness can be on just one thing at a time. Instead of focusing on sin,guilt, suffering,which we all know exists why not practice being the opposite of those things ?

Angels never had sex with humans. The sons of God (ancestors of Adam and Eva) MARRIED (marriage is a lot longer than sex) the daughters of men (Gentiles) who were created male and female on Day Six. Six is God's number for Gentiles. Adam was created Day Eight. Eight is God's number for beginning again that which is already.

Adam, named Man (capitalized), was the first of the line which was prophecied to produce the seed Jesus would come through who would bruise the serpent's head. That is why Jesus was called the Son of Man. He is a direct descendent of Adam. Gentiles are often called sons of men in the Bible.

The sons of God (Adam's descendants) MARRIED the daughters of men (Gentiles). All whom they chose.

God bless

This is the reason I cited the Book of Enoch in which it is elaborated that the rebel angels had sexual relations with women. This has been debated endlessly throughout the centuries as I'm sure you're aware. You don't know for certain that the Sons of God reffered to humans only. So if human are the ONLY sons of God, are angels mere messengers/servants? I think there is a lot more to this than people will accept. The Sons of God are also Angels.

Ranron,

Yes, this means Satan, demons and lost souls will suffer together. Speaking of Satan and the inhabitance of hell, Isaiah 14:15-16 states "Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;"

Satan and the other demons will have their powers taken away. I do not think that they will be tormenting anyone.

Satan is a man?

Rlyeh,

No, Satan is an fallen angle. I believe angles and humans look alike. But when they (Satan and demons) lose their powers they will be just like we are. Isaiah 14:9-10 states when speaking of Satan "Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raise up from their thrones all the kings of the nations. All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us?"

I think there is a lot more to this than people will accept. The Sons of God are also Angels.

Isn't every living being in existence a son of God? It makes the bible quote a bit ambiguous.

I'm still trying to figure out if a lot of Christians and the religion as a whole believes demons walk among us and might be behind such things as lunacy, disease and crime; either by possession or persuasion .

I'm a Christian, and I couldn't answer that question decisively. I will simply say, I think it's possible that demons are behind SOME of these things, but I can't be sure of it.

Yes, angels are only servants. They have different ranks and authority but they were created sexless. The Bible is clear that there will not be any marrying in heaven. And God certainly would not allow sex outside marriage. Therefore, God did not create angels who could have sex at all. If they can't have sex in heaven, they can't have it on earth either.

Adam was the son of God. (Luke 3:38) Therefore, the sons of God (Adams descendants) married the daughters of men (Gentiles).

"Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be like the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass that in the place where it was said unto them, (Gentiles), Ye are not my people, but there it shall be said unto them, (Israel), Ye are the sons of the living God." (Hosea 1:10)

"But as many as received him, (Jesus), to them gave He power to become sons of God..." (John 1:12)

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." (Romans 8:14)

"Do all things without murmurings and disputings, that ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke,..." (Philippians 2: 15)

"Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God;..." (I John 3: 1)

As long as there is a contradiction, the truth has not been discovered. There are no contradictions in the divinely inspired word. Any literature which contradicts scripture is not divinely inspired; and is the devils way of leading away from the truth. The Book of Enoch proved itself not to be divinely inspired long ago. To try to discredit the Bible by leading to contradictory literature is useless. God promised in the inspired word that it is He that will keep it. Play with other literature if you want; but it will only give you contradictions and confusion.

God bless us all is my prayer.