Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mark Zuckerberg’s Facebook page was hacked

questionmark

An unemployed Palestinian developer named Khalil Shreateh tried several times to report a bug to Facebook’s security team. When no one got back to him, he took the (dubiously) logical next step: exploited the bug to leave a public comment on Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s wall.

“First sorry for breaking your privacy and post to your wall,” an apparent screenshot of the hack reads. “I has [sic] no other choice to make after all the reports i sent to Facebook team.”

The break-in, detailed on Shreateh’s blog (and in several agitated posts from Facebook developers on Hacker News), has been more than a little embarrassing for Facebook.

Read more

Lulz!

• Like 1

Ha, love it!

• Like 1

Well, this makes me very happy. Very. The guy deserves it from all angles.

Mark Z. should hire more security people to respond properly to issues like this.

He should pay this guy and thank him for exposing the flaw.

• Like 2

Mark Z. should hire more security people to respond properly to issues like this.

Would you reward a burglar for exposing your lack of home security, as long as he returned your stuff? (lol... only messin')

• Like 1

Back in the early 60's (or so) when computers were just really getting established (and I mean BIG computers!) ordinary people could not afford them as they cost Millions... But banks could... One bank (so the story goes) had a

programmer who noticed that the computer rounded all fractional pennies down - so 13.003 cents would be 13 cents... He changed the programming to move all those dropped fractional pennies into his own account and very quickly

made a LOT of money... The bank finally found out (of course) and rather than prosecute him they gave him a raise and had him fix the programming so that no one else could do it (after taking the money back from him)...

This was used in one of those 1970/80's Superman movies with Richard Pryor as the programmer, but it's based on a true event... A good example of what you posted...

• Like 1

Back in the early 60's (or so) when computers were just really getting established (and I mean BIG computers!) ordinary people could not afford them as they cost Millions... But banks could... One bank (so the story goes) had a

programmer who noticed that the computer rounded all fractional pennies down - so 13.003 cents would be 13 cents... He changed the programming to move all those dropped fractional pennies into his own account and very quickly

made a LOT of money... The bank finally found out (of course) and rather than prosecute him they gave him a raise and had him fix the programming so that no one else could do it (after taking the money back from him)...

This was used in one of those 1970/80's Superman movies with Richard Pryor as the programmer, but it's based on a true event... A good example of what you posted...

Sort of like in the movie Office Space

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...