Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why are we being visited?

zoser

Given that there is overwhelming evidence that the planet is being visited I wanted to see what people's views are regarding the reason(s) why.

The intention is not really that the thread be devoted to arguing are they real or not. There are a lot of hoaxes out there we know, but on the other hand a study of the phenomena over the last 70 years I believe indicates strongly in the existence of non-terrestrial visitations. Even if the ratio of misindentifications/hoaxes to genuine cases is 100:1 then it still means they are here.

Suggested areas for discussion could include (but not be limited to) :

1) The ecological, political, economical and social upheavals that have been taking place over the last few decades and now rapidly gathering pace. Do the visits have anything to do with the idea that these are critical times for the human race or even a time of evolutionary upgrade? Many religions seem to suggest so . Would non-terrestrial life be interested in that? If so why?

2) Does this planet or the human race represent something highly significant in this universe that other strains of life need for their development and well being? Are certain humans or tribes harvested by UFO's from time to time to fulfill duty elsewhere?

3) Are crop circles tied in with this in any way? If so how?

I wanted to try and avoid if possible highly abstract suggestions without supporting reasoning.

I look forward to hearing people's suggestions. Please feel free to focus on any area that interests you the most. I am very interested in original ideas on this.

:tu:

• Like 3

1) I doubt the politics of Earth would interest them much. I'm a subscriber to the idea that a race must conquer it's self destructive urges in order to reach the interstellar stage of civilization, and would probably find our constant warring quite immature. If they were interested in our upheavals, they don't need to come to Earth to experience them, they would just need to pick up and decipher our many television broadcasts.

2) I doubt there is anything special about Earth's composition, coming here certainly wouldn't be worth it for resources. Earth has two real unique qualities in this solar system - life and oceans of liquid water. If ET was after water they wouldn't have to come here in order to get it, they could easily find a lot of water in the Oort Cloud. Life is significant, because we haven't found it anywhere else, but to an interstellar civilization it might not be so special. They could be here documenting the various manifestations of life on Earth out of the sake of curiosity. We certainly would do the same if we were a space faring civilization. But just because we would do it doesn't mean ET would, their evolution could have followed a completely different path and their minds could be utterly alien to our own.

That leaves us. Some people would say that we aren't special enough to be visited, some would say that we are. I think it depends on the Extraterrestrial. The fact that we're still here means that we haven't been discovered by any species that feel like wiping out other intelligent species before they get a chance to reach the stars. If they have encountered other intelligent species then there is nothing special about a bunch of self-important apes. If they are a part of some kind of galactic federation, then they may be assessing us to see whether we are going to conquer our self-destructive urges or not. And finally there is sheer loneliness, the same reason we want to find alien life, so that we know we're not alone in the cosmos.

3) Absolutely not. A lot of people forget that the original crop circle/UFO link comes from the fact that they looked like a flying saucer had landed on a field and flattened a circle of crops. It was eventually admitted as a hoax. Surely if they wanted to get a message across to us, they'd pick a more advanced manner (such as infiltrating and subverting our broadcasts, or by hacking our satellites in order to access the internet).

What "overwhelming" evidence is there that proves we are being visited?

Please see original post.

Even if we were, we are not special or unique. IF there were any visitations it would be out of superficial curiosity.

Are you sure? What makes you say that?

Crop circles are fakes and hoaxes made by people and our evolution hardly represents anything out of the ordinary.

Could some be messages for example/ Are they all fake? What makes you so sure?

• Like 2

1) I doubt the politics of Earth would interest them much. I'm a subscriber to the idea that a race must conquer it's self destructive urges in order to reach the interstellar stage of civilization, and would probably find our constant warring quite immature. If they were interested in our upheavals, they don't need to come to Earth to experience them, they would just need to pick up and decipher our many television broadcasts.

2) I doubt there is anything special about Earth's composition, coming here certainly wouldn't be worth it for resources. Earth has two real unique qualities in this solar system - life and oceans of liquid water. If ET was after water they wouldn't have to come here in order to get it, they could easily find a lot of water in the Oort Cloud. Life is significant, because we haven't found it anywhere else, but to an interstellar civilization it might not be so special. They could be here documenting the various manifestations of life on Earth out of the sake of curiosity. We certainly would do the same if we were a space faring civilization. But just because we would do it doesn't mean ET would, their evolution could have followed a completely different path and their minds could be utterly alien to our own.

That leaves us. Some people would say that we aren't special enough to be visited, some would say that we are. I think it depends on the Extraterrestrial. The fact that we're still here means that we haven't been discovered by any species that feel like wiping out other intelligent species before they get a chance to reach the stars. If they have encountered other intelligent species then there is nothing special about a bunch of self-important apes. If they are a part of some kind of galactic federation, then they may be assessing us to see whether we are going to conquer our self-destructive urges or not. And finally there is sheer loneliness, the same reason we want to find alien life, so that we know we're not alone in the cosmos.

3) Absolutely not. A lot of people forget that the original crop circle/UFO link comes from the fact that they looked like a flying saucer had landed on a field and flattened a circle of crops. It was eventually admitted as a hoax. Surely if they wanted to get a message across to us, they'd pick a more advanced manner (such as infiltrating and subverting our broadcasts, or by hacking our satellites in order to access the internet).

Interesting. You take a pragmatic approach in favour of the idea of conquest and water. Is there any evidence that they are after our water?

• Like 1

Given that there is overwhelming evidence that the planet is being visited I wanted to see what people's views are regarding the reason(s) why.

The intention is not really that the thread be devoted to arguing are they real or not. There are a lot of hoaxes out there we know, but on the other hand a study of the phenomena over the last 70 years I believe indicates strongly in the existence of non-terrestrial visitations. Even if the ratio of misindentifications/hoaxes to genuine cases is 100:1 then it still means they are here.

1) The ecological, political, economical and social upheavals that have been taking place over the last few decades and now rapidly gathering pace. Do the visits have anything to do with the idea that these are critical times for the human race or even a time of evolutionary upgrade? Many religions seem to suggest so . Would non-terrestrial life be interested in that? If so why?

2) Does this planet or the human race represent something highly significant in this universe that other strains of life need for their development and well being? Are certain humans or tribes harvested by UFO's from time to time to fulfill duty elsewhere?

I wanted to try and avoid if possible highly abstract suggestions without supporting reasoning.

I look forward to hearing people's suggestions. Please feel free to focus on any area that interests you the most. I am very interested in original ideas on this.

But that is not by any stretch of the imagination 'a given' is it?

• Like 2

Please see original post.

You mean your post? That isn't evidence.

Are you sure? What makes you say that?

Why would we be? We are biological beings on a evolutionary path just like all life everywhere. Just because we haven't spoken to other beings shouldn't mean we are special.

Could some be messages for example/ Are they all fake? What makes you so sure?

If they were messages from aliens and IF they were being made by beings who have been here before then they would be using a language that is less cryptic and more informational. PLUS they would not be using peoples cultivated land to communicate especially if you have to do an aerial survey just to see it.

Think about it. If I wanted to send a message, I certainly am not going to write it in someones cropland and make it so cryptic that no one understands least of all a farmer whose sole purpose is to grow and harvest his food which I was destroying.

• Like 8

[media=]

[/media]

We'll make great pets......

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 9

i believe it could be water, alot of sightings to seem to be around water as well as land, its hard to say that if we were being visted what the intentions would be until they emerge from hiding and have a face to face encounter

• Like 1

[media=]

We'll make great pets......

sakari for the win!

Argh!!!

I so wanted to respond to this thread, but I think my head just exploded.

I will try again tomorrow though!

• Like 2

I think they just check up on us to see how we're developing from the time they created us.

• Like 2

It's not to advance us as a species, as there hasn't been any "out of nowhere" technology turn up, the visitors haven't mucked in to sort of the Israel/Palestine conflict etc.

It's not out of scientific curiosity, as you can do that from space, you don't need to enter a planets atmosphere to simply observe the locals.

There's no "representative sample" of mankind being experimented up via abduction (as the vast majority of 'abductees' are from America, which is only 5% of the world's population).

So that leaves "they're here for kicks and giggles and to mess with the heads of the idiot locals".

Or, of course, they're not actually visiting us at all, but that's not the topic of the thread.

• Like 4

You mean your post? That isn't evidence.

Why would we be? We are biological beings on a evolutionary path just like all life everywhere. Just because we haven't spoken to other beings shouldn't mean we are special.

If they were messages from aliens and IF they were being made by beings who have been here before then they would be using a language that is less cryptic and more informational. PLUS they would not be using peoples cultivated land to communicate especially if you have to do an aerial survey just to see it.

Think about it. If I wanted to send a message, I certainly am not going to write it in someones cropland and make it so cryptic that no one understands least of all a farmer whose sole purpose is to grow and harvest his food which I was destroying.

The OP suggested that the 'evidence' issue is not discussed here. There are lots of threads where the type and quality of evidence is debated.

Wouldn't you agree that there is a vast gulf between humans and other organic life? Doesn't that make us special?

Maybe they are not messages. Maybe they attract energy to them somehow? Say in the same way that a pentagram is special in magic, or a six pointed star is special in religion?

• Like 3

Well this is a one sided thread :innocent::passifier:

There are lots of threads where the type and quality of evidence is debated. This thread has a different starting point that's all.

Go on chip in.......

I think they just check up on us to see how we're developing from the time they created us.

The other thing of course is that looking at a trace of the last 70 years indicates different strains and varieties.

Do these all have their own motive and reason for coming?

:P

Granting for the sake of argument that we are being visited-which is by no means a given-many scientists feel that our first contact with aliens will be with post biologicals. These machine entities may have left their organic ancestors behind by many centuries. Organic life on their planet may be extinct and may have been so long enough that their information about their evolution may be incomplete. That would be a better reason to study us than most I have read. I would expect a base somewhere in this system, maybe in the asteroid belt where resources and energy are abundant and close enough that reaching earth would be convenient.

While I personally disagree that there is "overwhelming evidence"...I'll play along.

My guess would be that an advanced species might just simply be cataloging life throughout the galaxy...they might be like anthropologists, biologists or...zoologists...

Perhaps they are just curious and are observing a growing and developing culture and species.

As far as the water thing goes...no way...water...like all elements...are abundant throughout the galaxy. They recently found a nebula that was almost completely water...a gazillion miles of it...so water is not rare in the galaxy....neither is gold or what we call precious and rare elements.

All this stuff is created in the furnaces of stars and when the explode, they send all these goodies out in all directions...it would be far easier for an advanced race to robotically mine asteroids and comets than to come to this little blue rock...

Just my opinion though...

@Zoser: like I said, if they were after water there are an estimated billion icy comets in the Oort cloud which could easily be harvested without having to even enter the solar system, let alone come to Earth. If they showed up trying to take our water we'd fight them, whereas they can go to any number of uninhabited objects to collect it without problem. Enceladus and Europa are suspected to have oceans of liquid water under their surface, for instance.

@flbrnt: this is a common theme in Sci-Fi that I've noticed recently. Our drones are quite advanced at the moment, and we've been exploring the solar system with probes for decades, with no risk to human life. It's not unreasonable to think that ETs are sending artificial life forms to study other worlds, whether they be drones or genetically modified creatures. That removes many of the risks to the beings themselves. If they've developed FTL travel for instance, their spacecraft hitting a bit of matter the size of a pebble would utterly destroy it. Warping space time, like an Alcubierre drive or wormholes, while theoretically possible, would require such massive amounts of energy that anything going wrong with their reactor would be equally catastrophic. Hence it stands to reason that they wouldn't risk themselves for the sake of exploration, only personally travelling between stars in order to set up new colonies.

• Like 1

i believe it could be water, alot of sightings to seem to be around water as well as land, its hard to say that if we were being visted what the intentions would be until they emerge from hiding and have a face to face encounter

You realize by saying that sightings seem to be around water as well as land that you've pretty much covered all of your bases, right?

• Like 1

1. I don't necessarily see the chaos in the world being a result of anything that the aliens may be doing.

2. hmmm good question, I don't think that we really would have anything they would need, but maybe the reason for all of the abduction reports is because they are malevolent and want to cause fear in the human species. Or they see humans as an interesting species all together and want a closer look

3. I honestly don't think crop circles have anything to do with aliens because they can be created by man pretty simply

• Like 2

Maybe these 'aliens' don't visit but actually stay here and have been here for longer than us. It's just that we can't see them. We can see their aircraft cos they are made from materials we can see but we can't see the actual 'aliens'.

It would explain so many mysteries. Like who the hell ate my strawberries last week, for example.

• Like 8

Wouldn't you agree that there is a vast gulf between humans and other organic life? Doesn't that make us special?

.....No. Just because we have invented new ways to kill one another doesn't make us special.

Our evolution is the way it is simply because the evolutionary branch we are on seems to be in our favor for now. As I see it we simply branched off from other humanoid species and for some reason ours has evolved.

Someday our species may not exist but another, perhaps similar species, will.

• Like 1