Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why are we being visited?

zoser

Ealdwita snippet alert..........

In 1247AD, the Priory of the New Order of St Mary of Bethlem (later to be commonly known as 'Bedlam') was founded in London for the containment of 'lunatics' etc. By 1600, public viewing was commonplace, whereby members of the public, on payment of a few shillings, could be entertained by the antics of the poor unfortunate inmates. As early as 1522, Sir Thomas More wrote "thou shalt in Bedleem see one laugh at the knocking of his head against a post".

150 years later, the English merchant and author, Thomas Tryon, remarked disapprovingly of the "Swarms of People" that descended upon Bethlem during public holidays.

Could we then be inmates of some intergalactic lunatic asylum, visited by fee-paying holidaymakers from beyond the stars, all eager to catch a glimpse at the nutters, and for a small extra payment, poke 'em with a stick now and again? Given the state of the world and the actions of most of its inhabitants, I'm of the opinion that it's not beyond the realms of possibility. (And makes as much sense as anything else!)

maybe this was the destination of the Golgafrincham Ark Fleet? :innocent:

Maybe they are visiting us because they think we're funny...

It never ceases to amaze me that so many people think that an extra-terrestrial species would be "enlightened" and peace-loving and totally benevolent...

It is just as believeable that they are exactly like us in temperment and actions...

If they are travelling vast distances such as 10's or even thousands of light years to get here, there HAS to be some "payout" for them... Some reason to make

it worth their while... Just studying some non-spacefaring civilization for "the love of science" isn't going to pay the bills...

Where would they come from?... In order for them to know there is a civilization here, they must have a reason to search here... Our star is just like a vast percentage of other

stars... 1 of literally billions of unspectacular, average stars... The odds of a star-faring people finding our system and deciding to investigate are quite literally astronomical...

And then they come here and do .... nothing? Not even pop in and say "Hello!"?...

If it was our radio traffic that drew their attention to us, then they must be from a sphere of space within ~120 light years... We have only had broadcast radio for about that long and

that is how far the 'radio shell' has travelled - and it would be incredibly faint at that distance... Television signals? Roughly half that...

So - there is little chance they have ever even discovered us and even less reason to come here, that does not include trade and or conquest...

That is the reason I do not believe that an ET race has ever visited this planet... 1.) If they are so benevolent and "enlightened" (what ever that means) why are they letting us

go on as we are without trying to improve our civilization, or even contact us... 2.) If they are not so benevolent and "enlightened" then they are the most incompetent conquerors in history...

• Like 1

Maybe they are visiting us because they think we're funny...

It never ceases to amaze me that so many people think that an extra-terrestrial species would be "enlightened" and peace-loving and totally benevolent...

It is just as believeable that they are exactly like us in temperment and actions...

If they are travelling vast distances such as 10's or even thousands of light years to get here, there HAS to be some "payout" for them... Some reason to make

it worth their while... Just studying some non-spacefaring civilization for "the love of science" isn't going to pay the bills...

Where would they come from?... In order for them to know there is a civilization here, they must have a reason to search here... Our star is just like a vast percentage of other

stars... 1 of literally billions of unspectacular, average stars... The odds of a star-faring people finding our system and deciding to investigate are quite literally astronomical...

And then they come here and do .... nothing? Not even pop in and say "Hello!"?...

If it was our radio traffic that drew their attention to us, then they must be from a sphere of space within ~120 light years... We have only had broadcast radio for about that long and

that is how far the 'radio shell' has travelled - and it would be incredibly faint at that distance... Television signals? Roughly half that...

So - there is little chance they have ever even discovered us and even less reason to come here, that does not include trade and or conquest...

That is the reason I do not believe that an ET race has ever visited this planet... 1.) If they are so benevolent and "enlightened" (what ever that means) why are they letting us

go on as we are without trying to improve our civilization, or even contact us... 2.) If they are not so benevolent and "enlightened" then they are the most incompetent conquerors in history...

From the descriptions we have of what they look like, and their technology, the way they come and go so freely and rapidly suggests to me that they are not like us. If they were like us in temperament would that not make them more prone and willing to make contact?

• Like 1

To the OP - I'm torn between believing that they're genuinely from other places outside of our own world or perhaps they come from a very hot place and have a more insidious agenda. I always say this, but coming from a (Christian) spiritual point of view, I'm suspicious they might very well be of a demonic nature. They keep themselves hidden, they don't make formal announcements that they're here from other planets, and they claim to be our creators according to some. They talk through other humans by possessing their bodies to deliver messages to the human race. If they're at all real, they don't seem to be very honest at all.

Have a look at my last conjecture in post 48. Does this sound feasible?

All interesting ideas. I have no doubt that they have been here in the remote past, the near past and they are still visiting us now. Also I am convinced that the 20th Century witnessed a huge acceleration in the numbers and types visiting us. Was that as a result of us playing with nuclear as well as other technologies as has been suggested before?

I really have no totally fixed idea as to why they are here. My current thinking is along the lines of the first two points in the OP and it varies depending upon the strain of ET visitors involved.

Again I agree. As far as we know the earth is rare and quick study of our solar system suggests that. Just stating that there are potentially billions of other planets to me doesn't help. It's just speculation. The only sensible view to take imho is that the earth is special.

[/color]

Yes I am becoming less interested in the idea of 'whodunnit' and more questioning the idea of why is it being done, and what is prompting them. I found Rob Buckles presentation on the matter most fascinating.

Your welcome.

I would offer this as conjecture that you may find interesting:

I have long believed that some insects are not 'naturally sanctioned' and do not belong here. For example flies, mosquitos, and locusts. I believe they were given access into this place by degenerate behaviours. The ideas behind this I will perhaps go into in a later post.

What if some strains of ET (for example The Greys) are not naturally sanctioned beings? What if they were the result of unnatural process? In other words the universe's version of flies and mosquito's? Have people not described some ET's as insectoid? Are these ET's not associated with nightmarish behaviours?

Just a thought.

You know... what you said here: "I have long believed that some insects are not 'naturally sanctioned' and do not belong here." Makes me think about panspermia. It has been widely suggested and perhaps proven to some degree in the scientific community that our water came from being bombarded with asteroids, comets what have you.

If that is how our Earth got water, then I think it is highly possible that there could have been some 'hanger-ons' A bacteria or living organism that came with the water and thus evolved, over time, into what it is today.

Perhaps that could be said for some insects and plant life.

You know... what you said here: "I have long believed that some insects are not 'naturally sanctioned' and do not belong here." Makes me think about panspermia. It has been widely suggested and perhaps proven to some degree in the scientific community that our water came from being bombarded with asteroids, comets what have you.

If that is how our Earth got water, then I think it is highly possible that there could have been some 'hanger-ons' A bacteria or living organism that came with the water and thus evolved, over time, into what it is today.

Perhaps that could be said for some insects and plant life.

I had never heard of that until I looked it up just now.

It might be a little off topic but it relates to your idea regarding where water came from. I have always believed that the centre of our planet is the water making machine. That is the only place where high temperature and pressures exist to fuse hydrogen and oxygen atoms. That would explain why fresh water 'springs forth from the earth'.

• Like 2

Sweetpumper your avatar is hyponotizing. I cant read your posts.

Edited by Melo

Given that there is overwhelming evidence that the planet is being visited

(snip!)

Can we see that "overwhelming evidence", please?

Thank you,

• Like 3

(snip!)

Can we see that "overwhelming evidence", please?

Thank you,

That is not the preferred direction for the thread. There are however lots of threads where the quality of evidence is debated that you are more than welcome to review.

I just thought I would put a few related links in the thread for people to review and comment on. All concerning possible reasons for the visitations.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc1536.htm

http://ufos.about.com/od/ufosjan2012/a/Why-Would-Aliens-Visit-Earth.htm

http://www.stantonfriedman.com/index.php?ptp=articles&fdt=2006.11.10

• Like 1

Science of course.

Why do we spend billions on sending robots to Mars or anywhere else. Why do we spend billions on a useless waste of time called the International Space Station.

...and don't give links to Stanton Friedman. He's a liar and a charlatan.

That is not the preferred direction for the thread. There are however lots of threads where the quality of evidence is debated that you are more than welcome to review.

If you make a bombastic statement claiming that there is "overwhelming evidence", then you make it the direction of the thread.

At least change it to "lets assume that we are being visited" bla bla bla. Then you can take your thread whereever you want.

But if you claim "overwhelming evidence", produce it first.

Edited by Zaphod222
  • Like 1

If you make a bombastic statement claiming that there is "overwhelming evidence", then you make it the direction of the thread.

At least change it to "lets assume that we are being visited" bla bla bla. Then you can take your thread whereever you want.

But if you claim "overwhelming evidence", produce it first.

No I disagree. There are plenty of other threads where specific evidence is debated for validity.

This thread begins at a different starting point. It doesn't exclude anyone from taking part, because all can contribute with ideas as to why they may be interested in coming here.

Oh heavens above, this isn't going to turn into yet another argument is it? Couldn't people who don't believe that we are being Visited just choose not to bother responding, perhaps?

• Like 4

In other words you don't want to have to defend your assertion and set up the OP the way you did to avoid it. I don't think that is at all fair and only serves to demonstrate the fact that your assertions are false.

Another theory not yet mentioned is that the earth represents some kind of gateway for UFO's. This would explain why astronauts have filmed objects materialising in the upper atmosphere and disappearing again. There never seems to be reports of something heading in from the direction of Mars for example.

This theory goes that some UFO's have no direct interest in earth or it's inhabitants but are literally passing through. This could account for why airline pilots have reported seeing large saucers for very short periods of time only for them to dematerialise before their eyes.

Could the large Phoenix craft be one such example? What about the Hudson Valley and the Yukon objects? Were they just passing through?

Edit to add: Where do these huge craft actually go once spotted?

That would further explain the apparent rise in activity during and after WW2 in particular the development of the atom bomb and the subsequent proliferation of nuclear technology. IN particular the presence of UFO's at missile sites of which there are many examples.

It being that if UFO's need to come here en-route to some other destination, they would as a matter of their own survival require an atmosphere unpolluted by radioactive fallout.

The pollution, radioactive and otherwise could have led to several crashes of which we know only of the most famous.

Edited by zoser

This thread begins at a different starting point. It doesn't exclude anyone from taking part, because all can contribute with ideas as to why they may be interested in coming here.

But your starting point is insane!

How about if I start a thread with "Given the overwhelming evidence that Zoser is a telepathic carnivorous pink-striped slug from the Outer Nebula"..... would you not want to change that to "OK, lets assume that..."

What friggin "overwhelming evidence" is there?

You are welcome to play phantasy games, but stop claiming "overwhelming evidence".

Edited by Zaphod222
  • Like 3

But your starting point is insane!

How about if I start a thread with "Given the overwhelming evidence that Zoser is a telepathic carnivorous pink-striped slug from the Outer Nebula"..... would you not want to change that to "OK, lets assume that..."

What friggin "overwhelming evidence" is there?

You are welcome to play phantasy games, but stop claiming "overwhelming evidence".

Please start your own thread if you wish to pursue another issue. If you persist in trying to hijack this one I will have no option but to report it to the moderators.

First one has to assume there are advanced aliens.

Next you have to assume they are capable of traveling here.

Then you have to assume they want to come here in the first place.

Then one has to assume that they 'are' coming here...but in secret

So one has to make all the above whopping assumptions...first. And a conversation based on assumptions is nothing more than an imagination exercise.

Next we have the US and the UK. (amongst many many other countries) who fiercely monitor their skies via radar and whatever new tech they have, constantly analyzing WHATEVER is in their airspace, as they are always fearful of terrorism attacks and losing passenger planes to mid air collisions. believe me, they KNOW whats in the air.

I doubt there are many places in the world whose skies are not covered by such a 24/7 monitoring of airspace.

A single airport for example, (a civilian organization), can know at a glance 'everything' that is in their airspace, 24/7, but not just their airspace as the tracking does crossover into other countries airspace, for obvious reasons.

So the whole of Europe, Northern Europe incl Russia, the whole of the US, plus Canada, China, the middle eastern countries, Australia (you get the picture, ie: virtually the entire world) will be very hard if not impossible to enter their airspace and not set alarm bells ringing loudly.

Then, the seas and oceans are monitored also with subs and ships using radar and sonar in the same way.

But not 'just that' either. The entire planet is ringed with satellites, while some just beam down TV and stuff, there are many that are used for defensive purposes, and spying. Plus the obvious weather observing satellites. Now the earth isnt just observed in green and blue natural colors is it? We have satellites that see in a broader spectrum of light and temperature than our own eyes. SO BANG GOES THE THEORY there are ultraviolet ufo's that cant be seen.

So we have the airspace seen from earth, covered.

Then we have the airspace and most of the globe... covered from space.

So it doesnt matter if youre a sneaky alien visiting at night....because the monitoring systems work 24/7, and no matter if its night or day, anything in the skies will be picked up on radar or similar tech. If it doesn't respond to communications or cannot be identified, a fleet of fighters go up pretty damned quickly and deal with whatever it is too.

Not forgetting - that all around the globe are observatories, again being used pretty much constantly to observe parts of the skies.

Also not forgetting, the countless thousands of civilian amateur astronomers observing from back yard setups, and no - dont be thinking they are using 50-buck telescopes, many amateurs have some very very good expensive kit. The keyword here is amateur, ie, not working for govts, but merely doing what they love. Hoping to see an asteroid they can be named after, or hoping to see 'whatever' it is they are looking for.

These same amateurs sit in forums like this - (but on astronomy), all chatting about what they have seen or hope to see. IF ANYONE OF THEM, observed a space craft or something anomalous, they will be emailing each other co-ordinates so they can all look and learn. If any of them saw a craft or even a fleet, it will be BIG NEWS on the net, and their findings will have been emailed round the world to each other in minutes, something not even the authorities could prevent.

Then we have amateur radio hams., always scanning the airwaves and trying to break into encrypted channels, much like hackers do with their online activities. Heck some just listen to aircraft traffic, or police airwaves. But if there were any strange anomalous airwave transmissions...theyd know.

So...it will seem to me and other rational thinkers...that the entire globe is monitored, constantly, the land, the sea, space, and of course the radiowaves or similar broadcasts.

So theres some facts from a rational and totally realistic POV.

The irrational POV, (or the general UFO lovers POV), is that these alien ships/probes whatever... somehow bypass all our defenses, observatories, satellites, radars, sonars, radio waves... and actual eye witnesses, ie, the people who love sky watching with or without scopes.

"AHA" say the UFO crowd, "but they KNOW how to bypass our defences".

Oh yeh? Tell me how please? And then tell me why?

Because if they were so capable of all that, ie: being invisible to ALL EARTHBOUND AND SPACE observatories, radars and scanners of many descriptions... then why...WHY... do just 'mere' people claim to 'see them'? I mean COME ON, a ufo/aliens goes to all the trouble of being totally invisible to all of mans defenses...except the human eye? And digital cameras?

For g*ds sake - thats just so damned ridiculous!!!!

The whole ufo issue is so full of holes. And all the ufo crowd can do, is then to make excuses and detours from the common sense POV.

But aint it funny how... the UFO crowd are not interested in studying the 'real observable ufo phenomena', like what was observed reliably and nightly for many years - at Project Hesdalen, where countless pics and vids were taken, and are freely available for the public?

NO they dont want 'that kind' of ufo, you know, where a study shack was permanantly setup to capture them on film night after night after night, NO heaven forbid, those kinds' of UFO are not interesting. They never are, not until you attach 'exciting stories' to them, like how they abduct people and carve up unfortunate cows and mess about in corn fields...

My own beliefs are, there must be some form of life elsewhere, HOWEVER, when aliens decide to come here, everyone will know about it, because there will be little anyone can do about anyway, and in that time, or 'if' that time ever comes, they wont be doing doodles in corn fields thats for sure.

But UFO people prefer the mysteries, the cloak and dagger aspect, the spooky scary stories. And thats where they fall down, time and time again.

:tu:

• Like 2

Given that there is overwhelming evidence that the planet is being visited

Someone needs to stop making outlandish statements with nothing to back them up with.

• Like 2

I have reported the last few users to the moderators.

My reasoning is simple:

If people do not like the premise of the thread then post elsewhere.

Please do not try and hijack the thread or flood it with personally aimed attacks.

This is not a debate about whether UFO's are real or not.

It is a discussion about the reasons for visitation.

Once again if the topic does not appeal, please refrain from posting.

I will continue to report to the moderators.

Edited by zoser
  • Like 1

Next we have the US and the UK. (amongst many many other countries) who fiercely monitor their skies via radar and whatever new tech they have, constantly analyzing WHATEVER is in their airspace, as they are always fearful of terrorism attacks and losing passenger planes to mid air collisions. believe me, they KNOW whats in the air.

I'm sure they know they're there but do they know what they are? They simply can't do anything about it and they sure as hell aren't going to let us know they're helpless to do anything about it.

• Like 1

I'm sure they know they're there but do they know what they are? They simply can't do anything about it and they sure as hell aren't going to let us know they're helpless to do anything about it.

The question is then why are they here?