Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why are we being visited?

zoser

Omg all of you in here are giving me great ideas ! I think imma start working on my science fiction book or strip ! Ehheheheh keep it coming !

OMG! Every good idea was used in the original Star Trek! :alien:

There is no hard, scientific, irrefutable proof that aliens have visited Earth.

Or that there are aliens.

But given the odds, I find it very probable there are other intelligent lifeforms in the universe.

Edited by Antilles

I'll bite on the (unfounded) hypothesis there is evidence for extraterrestrial visitation.

The most likely reason for such visitation I can imagine is one of scientific interest. Much as we investigate other cultures and remote/primitive peoples, ET could find our development interesting from a socio-cultural pov. Perhaps they are even attempting to understand their own development more fully by observing ours.

Given the extended timescale over which these visitations have been alleged to occurred (starting in prehistoric times), I cannot see any other motive for the continuance of the visitations except for investigation of our cultural/social/technological development.

• Like 1

But given the odds, I find it very probable there are other intelligent lifeforms in the universe.

This is 100% accurate. But I'm only visiting - Im afraid :lol:

I'll bite on the (unfounded) hypothesis there is evidence for extraterrestrial visitation.

The most likely reason for such visitation I can imagine is one of scientific interest. Much as we investigate other cultures and remote/primitive peoples, ET could find our development interesting from a socio-cultural pov. Perhaps they are even attempting to understand their own development more fully by observing ours.

Given the extended timescale over which these visitations have been alleged to occurred (starting in prehistoric times), I cannot see any other motive for the continuance of the visitations except for investigation of our cultural/social/technological development.

dont you think they would learn a whole lot more by just landing and mingling with us, having chats, reading our books, in order to learn better? I mean, what can you learn of a culture or society by doing flybys at thousands of a miles an hour, as alleged ufo's do?

Spy planes can take pics of the land they are spying on, they can even zoom and pick out car number plates. But they cannot know who is a great philosophical thinker and wise man now can they? They cannot KNOW of Mozart, Aristotle, Newton, Einstein for example... You can fly over a thousand hospitals yet not know the brilliant surgeons inside doing their great works

Better to quit spooking people and just bloody land!!

• Like 2

I mean, what can you learn of a culture or society by doing flybys at thousands of a miles an hour, as alleged ufo's do?

Hypothetically speaking, perhaps they are bound by a "prime directive" forbidding them from interfering with other civilizations.

• Like 2

dont you think they would learn a whole lot more by just landing and mingling with us...

No. They would certainly learn about how we would react to such an event, but they would not learn anything more about 'us' as an untouched, pure source of information on cultural development.

• Like 1

What if those aliens can read our mind ? If they can they dont even need to land their spacecraft to learn our ways of life ! They only need to abduct a few of us scan our brains , read our minds !

dont you think they would learn a whole lot more by just landing and mingling with us, having chats, reading our books, in order to learn better? I mean, what can you learn of a culture or society by doing flybys at thousands of a miles an hour, as alleged ufo's do?

Spy planes can take pics of the land they are spying on, they can even zoom and pick out car number plates. But they cannot know who is a great philosophical thinker and wise man now can they? They cannot KNOW of Mozart, Aristotle, Newton, Einstein for example... You can fly over a thousand hospitals yet not know the brilliant surgeons inside doing their great works

Yes, I agree.

It would be awesome if they could -just- land and say, 'Hello Humans. No, you are not alone.'

But, because we -are- Humans, I think the aliens would be safer to only observe us, because as soon as they do land, we'd might very well shoot them:/

I don´t care if he _believes_ in alien visitation or the flying spaghetti monster.

But the OP claimed that there is "overwhelming evidence" for this. It is this evidence that he should show, since he claims it.

I guess you came late to the thread and missed that.

You're not going to get your evidence on the internet. Once you realize that, you'll be much happier.

You're not going to get your evidence on the internet. Once you realize that, you'll be much happier.

But Zoser does?

He has an alternative internet`?

Come one. Zoser claims there is "overwhelming evidence". Come out with it!

• Like 1

People always say this, but they just might not be interested enough to go to all that trouble. I mean, a civilisation with technology to enable them to cross the Unimaginable Distances of Space and annoy Einstein might not find us exciting enough to bother to make Contact with, unless you do want to talk about Helping us to the Next Level of Civilisation and hippy stuff like that. They might be interested in studying everything about the hole planet and its ecology and ecosystems and so on, not just us. It might be a point of honour, to study everything from scratch using their own devices and resources and not rely on the information that might be already available. They might consider it more reliable to use only information they've gathered themselves.

Besides that, you yourself can access the thoughts of any of the great Thinkers mankind has ever produced just by looking them up on the inter Net, can't you; surely the ETs would be able to do that themselves, so why would they need to chat with us when they could look up anything they liked on Wikipedia?

But Zoser does?

No, he doesn't. I think if anyone did, we'd all be discussing something far greater.

• Like 1

Hey look Zoser is making some bold claims, big deal, just don't be that kid, get involved, live a little, be imaginative. I can guarantee, the great minds in history were never that kid.

As youre a fairly recent member - then you will have little knowledge of zosers previous posts and some of the things he has come up with and the endlessly frustrating posts made by him in oppositionh to the astute members offering quality info and facts in return.

Edited by seeder

It's interesting that the longer one posts the more people one upsets on one thing or another. I doubt that any two people will ever agree on ever detail of every issue, so we have to be forgiving of the places where others are out of their minds.

• Like 1

I can tell, Zoser is very stubborn and relentless and a little off the wall. But also very entertaining ... his words are meant to create a buzz and are somewhat agenda pushing, but still damn entertaining. Sometimes you have to work with people in different ways. I don't believe in crop cirlces or cattle mutilation as being ET in nature but I am open to investigation, ideas and thoughts - I consider it fun and my head will not explode lol. The universal pendulum must swing for a reason, without it progress never happens.

What do you mean head explode?! Do you have proof of that actually happening?! Have you ever seen a head explode before?!! Uh? Well? Have you?????? (I am jesting here)

Ain't nothing wrong with heads exploding! Mine did the other day... and let me tell you something, it was wonderful! (This is my truth)

If we don't think about the what ifs, then we'll never be prepared for anything.

:tsu:

I suppose we should be reasonably open to the "what-ifs," so long as it is kept reasonable and we also keep a reasonable scepticism.

• Like 3

It's interesting that the longer one posts the more people one upsets on one thing or another. I doubt that any two people will ever agree on ever detail of every issue, so we have to be forgiving of the places where others are out of their minds.

Who says people have to agree on this? This issue must be one of the least understood issues of modern times. The fact that a group of people are prepared to address it when the world at large seems totally disinterested to me is a huge success.

I think there malevolent, out of all the claimed abduction reports very few say they had a good experience,

Thank you for the contributions so far.

I thought I would try and put a possible motive to some of the well known UFO Cases. Please contribute/correct me as you see fit.

If you are not sure on any of these cases please Google them or ask one of the 'astute' members mentioned in the previous post.

MalmstromAFB

Vandenburg AFB (Bob Jacobs incident)

RAF Bentwaters

Concern over nuclear weapons proliferation. UFO testing their disabling capability

Travis Walton

Stephen Michalak

The Lothian incident (Robert Taylor)

Lonnie Zamora

No direct interest in humans. Open ended research/monitoring. No direct intention to abduct TW. Robert Taylor disturbed the object and it attacked him.

Peter Khoury

Antonio Villas Boas

Betty Barney Hill

Allagash Incident (?)

Cross breeding and interest in human genetics.

High Benthan

A70 UK

Alan Godfrey

Kelly Cahill

Abduction Cases.

Curios about human species.

Jesse Roestenburg (See Link)

Winchester UK (See Link)

Father Gill

Observing human beings nothing more .

Delphos Kansas

Edwin Fuhr

Jenkins Missouri

Trans en Province

All small craft landings. Were they charging or replenishing? Note in three of the cases the craft were all spinning close to the ground.

Vargingha

Roswell

Kingman Arizona

Kecksburg

Famous Crashes.

Purpose Unknown

Phoenix

Hudson Valley

Yukon

All involved huge unidentified craft. Using earth as a gateway? No evidence of landing

Cash/Landrum

Could have been US military and not ET?

Japan Airliner Incident

Belgian UFO

Tehran UFO

Curious about human technology. It just followed the airliner for miles. The other cases were cat and mouse chases.

Kenneth Arnold

Maury Island

Both UFO Fleets. Purpose Unknown.

Shag Harbour

Unknown. This category could include various USO sightings.

[media=]

Edited by zoser

You remind me of a kid in the backseat of a car on a long trip saying -

kid says - "are we there yet?"

parent says - "No"

kid says 2 minutes later - " but how much longer ?"

parent says "2 more hours"

kid says 2 minutes later - "are we there yet?"

and repeats until arrival ...

You realize you are that kid ? Hey look Zoser is making some bold claims, big deal, just don't be that kid, get involved, live a little, be imaginative. I can guarantee, the great minds in history were never that kid.

Actually, I think a better analogy in this situation would be the "why" game.

Zoser makes a claim -we ask "why do you think that?". Zoser answers vaguely or not at all - we ask "why do you think that?" to his answer.

Thank you for the contributions so far.

I thought I would try and put a possible motive to some of the well known UFO Cases. Please contribute/correct me as you see fit.

If you are not sure on any of these cases please Google them or ask one of the 'astute' members mentioned in the previous post.

MalmstromAFB

As a point of order, the incident at Malmstrom AFB (if it is the 'Minuteman incident' you are referring to) and indeed none the incidents with Minuteman missiles going offline/online without operator intervention have been actually confirmed to have involved a UFO. No physical evidence (photograph, tracking data, residue, etc) has been brought forward to corroborate the claims of UFO involvement, and witness testimony is conflicted about whether there was UFO involvement or not. I would refer you to look up old threads involving the descendant of one of those involved in the Malmstrom incident, who swears his father (who was involved) did not testify to seeing any UFO, despite popular reports to the contrary made by those who gained financially from books written about said incident.

So, I would respectfully request you limit your list to those incidents where there is unquestionable physical evidence of UFO involvement, before proclaiming that incident to be a "UFO case".

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 1

As a point of order, the incident at Malmstrom AFB and indeed none the incidents with Minuteman missiles going offline/online without operator intervention have been actually confirmed to have involved a UFO. No physical evidence (photograph, tracking data, residue, etc) has been brought forward to corroborate the claims of UFO involvement, and witness testimony is conflicted about whether there was UFO involvement or not. I would refer you to old threads involving the descendant of one of those involved in the Malmstrom incident, who swears his father (who was involved) did not testify to seeing any UFO, despite popular reports to the contrary made by those who gained financially from books written about said incident.

So, I would respectfully request you limit your list to those incidents where there is unquestionable physical evidence of UFO involvement, before proclaiming that incident to be a "UFO case".

:tu: Many of us have all said similar, Zoser will either ignore it totally, or report the post because this is his 'pretend and imagine thread'. So - fair do's - any posters can post pretend stuff... but Im with you on this, I too am a stickler for the facts, but you only have to read the thread to see our skeptical or fact correcting posts arent welcome. zosers rules.

As a point of order, the incident at Malmstrom AFB (if it is the 'Minuteman incident' you are referring to) and indeed none the incidents with Minuteman missiles going offline/online without operator intervention have been actually confirmed to have involved a UFO. No physical evidence (photograph, tracking data, residue, etc) has been brought forward to corroborate the claims of UFO involvement, and witness testimony is conflicted about whether there was UFO involvement or not. I would refer you to look up old threads involving the descendant of one of those involved in the Malmstrom incident, who swears his father (who was involved) did not testify to seeing any UFO, despite popular reports to the contrary made by those who gained financially from books written about said incident.

Why would UFO's be so concerned about nuclear weapons on this planet?

Does it have a direct effect on them? If so how and why? Or are they just concerned about our welfare?