Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sad song you like

Big Bad Voodoo

This is sad song about region of my country called Dalmatia.

Title: "Dalmatia in my eye."

And its highly connected by oldest Football firm in Europe, Torcida 1950 from Split.

[media=]

[/media]

In fact this is celebration 100nd birthday of club. Also sad song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NZME5DDvKw

Edited by Melo

And this is BEST stadium atmosphere in the world. Also sad song.

[media=]

[/media]

They are singing: "Im Dalmatian. This is where I was born. Blue sea knows that I love Split. Im Dalmatian. This is my home. Thats where our grandpas long time ago drop the ships anchor and tied me up."

Edited by Melo

And this is BEST stadium atmosphere in the world. Also sad song.

This is also a "sad" song sung by disappointed football fans. ;)

[media=]http://youtu.be/80niZnYCB04

PS: It's Petshop Boys - Go West, with "alternative" lyrics, if you were wondering

And this is one realy realy sad Bosnian lovesong.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Melo

Cat's in the cradle-Cat Stevens

The song is told in first-person by a father who is too busy to spend time with his son. Though the son asks him to join in childhood activities, the father always responds with little more than vague promises of spending time together in the 'future'. While wishing to spend time with his father, the son starts to model himself on his father's behaviour, hence the verse wishing to be "just like him." The final two verses are a reverse of the roles, where the father asks his grown-up son to visit, but the son responds that he is now too busy to find the time for his father. The father then reflects that they are both alike, saying "my boy was just like me." The song's chorus uses imagery related to childhood: Cat's in the Cradle, Silver Spoon, Little Boy Blue, Man on the Moon.

• Like 5

How could I forget this gem? Hauntingly beautiful song.

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 2

How could I forget this gem? Hauntingly beautiful song.

[media=]

[/media]

It is great, but I've heard it in my personal translation as being more uplifting than sad. I interpret it as a troubled personality (or soul, etc) which gets an unexpected greeting from something that has been with it all along, but is now starting to fade into view.

• Like 1

Queen the show must go on. Not really a sad song until you know the story behind the song.

• Like 4

Please, please listen to each of these songs and watch the videos. All three very powerful. Make me bawl like a baby. Great PMS songs.

• Like 2

Well, after pulling out my oft ignored sad song playlist, I sat in the bathtub and cried for about 20 min straight. Therapeutic and cleansing. Thanks for the suggestion, OP. :yes:

Well, after pulling out my oft ignored sad song playlist, I sat in the bathtub and cried for about 20 min straight. Therapeutic and cleansing. Thanks for the suggestion, OP. :yes:

Wow, going through a rough patch or what? Crying in the shower is such a cliché, but I guess in the bathtub it's OK. ;)

Cheer up,....and then cry some to this one. ;)>>>

[media=]http://youtu.be/jVbkz_3lO3c[/media]