Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Baseball player murdered out of 'boredom'

ChewiesArmy

I'm just so tired of this stuff. Are kids this detatched?

http://abcnews.go.co...-teens-20007887

I guess I should've titled it "Young man".

Edited by ChewiesArmy
  • Like 2

Just absolutely disgusting... My deepest sympathies for the young man's family and friends...

I doubt the 'boys' will get the death penalty (which we do indeed use here in Oklahoma) but I have a strong feeling I know where they will spend the

next 50 to 60 years...

At least they won't be bored...

• Like 5

I wonder if Sharpton, Jackson, Holder, and Obama will be talking about this story?

I doubt it.

It wouldn't jive well.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 4

Yes, I agree. Very sad and with no defensible reason.

I suspect, given the circumstances and confession(s), that those young perps will see the hammer of the law slammed on their heads.

Just imagine the future mayhem they might have caused if not caught on this murder.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2

I feel horrible for this young man's family. This act was pure evil. It chills me to think of it. These young men are lost and their lives are over and all because they were "bored"? That doesn't even sound vaguely rational. I have to wonder if drugs were involved. I HOPE they were because the alternative is just too sad to contemplate for me.

• Like 6

Throw the dumbass parents in prison as well. They're clearly complete failures at there jobs if their kids idea of amusment is killing someone. If there's a hell, it'll be too easy for these little sh*ts.

• Like 5

Throw the dumbass parents in prison as well. They're clearly complete failures at there jobs if their kids idea of amusment is killing someone. If there's a hell, it'll be too easy for these little sh*ts.

Easy now. Kids can go psycho no matter what the parents do.

• Like 1

Easy now. Kids can go psycho no matter what the parents do.

Oh how can I be mad with that bright smiling dolphin face around!

• Like 1

Oh how can I be mad with that bright smiling dolphin face around!

That sarcastic comment doesn't absolve the ridiculousness of your comment, but rather re-enforces it since you did not even make a simple attempt to acknowledge a simple truth.

Edited by pallidin

That sarcastic comment doesn't absolve the ridiculousness of your comment, but rather re-enforces it since you did not even make a simple attempt to acknowledge a simple truth.

Hey that was a sincere complement towards your avatar.

Nonetheless I do believe the situation should be looked into. For starters, how on earth did they get a hold of the weapon? Was it a parents? Did they steal it? If they're going to try the little helions as minors then they are still the responsibility of the parent, who must then hold some accountability as well.

• Like 2

Hey that was a sincere complement towards your avatar.

Nonetheless I do believe the situation should be looked into. For starters, how on earth did they get a hold of the weapon? Was it a parents? Did they steal it? If they're going to try the little helions as minors then they are still the responsibility of the parent, who must then hold some accountability as well.

OK, I understand you better now.

Thank you for responding.

With regards to your questions, I suppose we won't know until more info is released.

As far as "accountability" of the parents, I can just say that my brother did many, many things which our parents were both unaware of and had no reasonable control.

You know, some kids(and adults) are just "screwed-up" no matter what.

• Like 1

When does rape, murder (attempted murder), abuse, child-killings, etc ever make sense?

WTH are we growing and how?

Edited by QuiteContrary

and with this type of happening, the NRA still thinks everyone should bear arms and the government does nothing about gun control. yes... have guns.... have armouries but control who uses them and for what purpose. just having guns sitting around with anyone and everyone with access to them, they get used for all the wrong reasons. not to mention that teens think that real life is a video game is a little bit more than disturbing yet nothing gets done about it.

Nothing says "freedom of gun ownership is a good idea" like someone deciding "I'm going murder someone today".

Conversely, without a gun they'd have just taken a baseball bat to him and added "torture" to the list o their crimes.

• Like 3

I see it as a direct result of the glorification of VIOLENCE. Violence is sold as FUN in forms of entertainment. That and the shriveling away of imagination in modern youth due to constant outside STIMULATION ... TV VIDS.. MUSIC/NOISE .. ever notice how many people nowadays seem to have an aversion to silence and peace and quiet??

A few seconds of quiet and they are reaching for buttons to turn something ON.

• Like 8

I wonder if Sharpton, Jackson, Holder, and Obama will be talking about this story?

I doubt it.

It wouldn't jive well.

Nope. Neither will the media.

Of course, if the race constellation of perp and victim was reversed, you´d have to duck for cover because of the sh1tstorm of ponderous speeches and demands for new laws and Obama talking about his son, and Sharpton organizing rallies and whatnot.

But you know that.

The double standards are mind-boggling.

• Like 7

What a sad, sad situation. I caught this story on the evening news. I think the death penalty should be applied in this case. :td:

• Like 3

I see it as a direct result of the glorification of VIOLENCE. Violence is sold as FUN in forms of entertainment. That and the shriveling away of imagination in modern youth due to constant outside STIMULATION ... TV VIDS.. MUSIC/NOISE .. ever notice how many people nowadays seem to have an aversion to silence and peace and quiet??

Just like the weeks after Columbine, everyone is trying to find a catalyst for a senseless act of violence. Is it video games? Lack of adult support? Glorification of violence in movies?

No one, including myself, wants to admit there may not be a direct cause. Because to admit that, is in some ways more terrifying than having something to blame :unsure2:

• Like 7

So many people have become so desensitised to others feelings and even their lives... It is so disheartening... This murder fits the pattern of people who don't seem

to have the capacity to comprehend that other people are even living beings...

In the end it doesn't really matter what the catalyst was - TV, Movies, "Gang Culture", Video Games... It all really comes down to Mental Health... There is a huge mental health

problem through out the entire world - or at least it seems that way... And it appears that the powers that be are afraid to admit it...

• Like 6

Just like the weeks after Columbine, everyone is trying to find a catalyst for a senseless act of violence. Is it video games? Lack of adult support? Glorification of violence in movies?

No one, including myself, wants to admit there may not be a direct cause. Because to admit that, is in some ways more terrifying than having something to blame :unsure2:

Good post, and it reminds me of the wisdom offered by Mr. Justice Brandeis a century ago in his dissenting opinion in the Olmstead case, 277US438

"Decency, security, and liberty alike demand that government officials shall be subjected to the same rules of conduct that are commands to the common citizen. In a government of laws, existence of the government will be imperiled if it fails to observe the law scrupulously. OUR GOVERNMENT IS THE POTENT, THE OMNIPRESENT TEACHER. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. To declare that in the administration of the criminal law the end justifies the means--to declare that the government may commit crimes in order to secure the conviction of a private criminal--would bring terrible retribution."

By the notorious crimes committed by the government over the last several decades, have we invited such retribution? Are these casual murders of the Australian man a manifestation of criminality inspired by government criminality?

• Like 1

Looks like it was a racial incident. C'mon Jesse, where are you?

One of three teens charged in the 'thill kill' of an Australian college student in Oklahoma last week has previously posted racist tweets on his Twitter account, according to a report.

The Daily Caller reported thatexternal-link.png the tweets belonged to James Francis Edwards, 15. One tweet from his account reads, "90% of white ppl are nasty. #HATE THEM." Another post read, "Ayeee I knocced out 5 woods since Zimmerman court!:)"

The Daily Caller's report noted that 'woods' is used as a derogatory term for white people.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/22/teen-charged-in-thrill-kill-australian-college-student-in-oklahoma-has-racist/#ixzz2cho0y0nQ

• Like 2

Looks like it was a racial incident. C'mon Jesse, where are you?

Look at all the outrage in here!

• Like 1

I wondered if there would be a Zimmerman connection. The teens killed someone who was just jogging along minding his own business a month after the trial was over and referenced Zimmerman in their tweets. Mind you this is just pure speculation on my part.

• Like 1

I believe you are correct to a point. i believe a lot of people have good valid points and in each case it all comes down to the individual person and the strength of their reasoning skills etc.

Two kids can watch video games all day long and one be a perfect citizen while the other goes on a killing spree.

I don't blame parents directly but i do indirectly. i make it a point to tell my son i love him every single day and to show interest in his life and to discuss the difference between right and wrong.

Some parents just turn the kids loose and hope for the best.

I've also seen good parents have a kid that turned out to be a little monster.

I think its time that we as a society demand a return to the days where television wasn't filled with extreme violent images and language and that music with lyrics that glorify killing and rape etc be removed from general merchandise stores and only be available at specialty stores.

Its time to stop flooding the minds of our kids with conflicting morals. we tell them killing is wrong, then we buy them a CD with someone talking about killing a cop and making 50g's.

We are a bunch of hypocrites, we want out violent shows that glorify this lifestyle, then we get outraged when our kids try to live the exact same lifestyle.

Its time to take a stand, its time to stop kowtowing to all the folks who are soft on punishment and start removing this sort of garbage from our society.

Here we have three people who knew exactly what they were doing. We KNOW they did it.

One of them pulled the trigger. We need to determine which one did it, should be pretty easy, and that one at the very least needs to be executed and it needs to happen in a reasonable amount of time.

Its time to start showing people that we are not soft on crime.

• Like 3