Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird

Lopex

So I am sitting outside on my porch having me a smoke talking to my dad. We were looking at the lightning to the west of us. We look over to the east and he points out a plane. I'm looking at it, and it was flying towards east south east. The lights were not blinking, and as it is flying away from us the light is still pretty bright. I was still observing it wondering why a plane be so bright, then I noticed that it started to somewhat "swerve" as if it was playing. Then the light went from bright white to nothing and vanished instantly. The part of the sky that it was at had no clouds.

I'm not saying it was a UFO, I just wanted to share a strange object, and also see what you guys' thoughts on it are.

• Like 2

Well, if it was a strange object you couldn't identify, feel completely free to correctly call it a UFO.

Did you hear any noise at all?

edit: I love your statement under your avatar and info.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 3

So I am sitting outside on my porch having me a smoke talking to my dad. We were looking at the lightning to the west of us. We look over to the east and he points out a plane. I'm looking at it, and it was flying towards east south east. The lights were not blinking, and as it is flying away from us the light is still pretty bright. I was still observing it wondering why a plane be so bright, then I noticed that it started to somewhat "swerve" as if it was playing. Then the light went from bright white to nothing and vanished instantly. The part of the sky that it was at had no clouds.

I'm not saying it was a UFO, I just wanted to share a strange object, and also see what you guys' thoughts on it are.

No noise at all.

Thanks lol.

Edited by AsylumSpirit

I think that it takes very little these days, for some people to get excited over something they fail to identify.

• Like 3

any stars out that night?

Yes there are stars out at night.

I think that it takes very little these days, for some people to get excited over something they fail to identify.

I'm not really that excited about it, I just wanted to share a strange thing that happened and get other's take on what it was.

Yes there are stars out at night.

I'm not really that excited about it, I just wanted to share a strange thing that happened and get other's take on what it was.

You didn't say when this happened. If it was this month, maybe you caught a glimpse of August's annual Perseids meteor shower?

There are some weather baloons equipped w/ lights now, the swerving could ahve been it passing through wind currents.

Or a privately owned plane and someone just kind of screwing around

The lights were not blinking, and as it is flying away from us the light is still pretty bright

Flying away you probabaly wouldnt be able to see the light, which is like a headlight at front. From rear I think you just see flashing wing and tail lights?

• Like 1

It happened last night about 10pm in Northern Utah. There were no blinking lights at all. Later in the night I went to go have a cigarette again and I could see planes flying which had the blinking lights, but the object I saw earlier didn't have any. Just one bright light, even when it was heading east south east.

There are some weather baloons equipped w/ lights now, the swerving could ahve been it passing through wind currents.

Or a privately owned plane and someone just kind of screwing around

There are a lot of private planes out here, but they are only prop planes. I live next to tons of farm land so they're usually flying around during the day but sometimes at night and you can clearly hear it and I have never seen them with headlights, just the red and green strobe lights.

Flying away you probabaly wouldnt be able to see the light, which is like a headlight at front. From rear I think you just see flashing wing and tail lights?

There were no tail or wing lights, at all.

I know exactly what you mean - one night, I was leaving a mate's place at 1am (we had a "rubbish movie night") and we saw a bright light with search beams coming off it coming towards us. It was creepy as all get go. Logically, it was a helicopter running along the train lines doing a sight inspection (as he was close to the train lines, and that's where the lights seemed to be and the track was under maintenance at the time) but it was still very unnerving, we joked "if we don't see [me] again, it's because he was abducted".

There were no tail or wing lights, at all.

The International Space Sation perhaps........... the swerve could just be a trick of the eyes.

I've seen the International Space Station at night, and it's very bright white light and fast moving, and looks like it just dissapears from view.

Did your sighting look like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTvf8Gwxqys

Edited by klambo

Whenever I see something in the sky that I can't explain or identify I call it a UFO, so in this instance, I would agree that it is perfectly legit to call it a UFO. I'm not saying that I see UFOs all the time, btw. Just on the two occasions when I did see something and it wasn't a falling/shooting star, which I have seen quite a lot of those.

Also, it's very cool that you want to share your experience with us, so thank you for that:)

And welcome to UM! Where most of us are certainly unidentifiable... unidentifiable members! Ha! (sorry, due to the lateness of the hour, I could not resist that one!)

:tu:

There are a lot of private planes out here, but they are only prop planes. I live next to tons of farm land so they're usually flying around during the day but sometimes at night and you can clearly hear it and I have never seen them with headlights, just the red and green strobe lights.

Chopper possibly? those can often have a setting that allows them to run quietly.

(don't ask for the science...despite the lab coat in my avatar, I'm an idiot)

Chopper possibly? those can often have a setting that allows them to run quietly.

Where did you hear that (pun unintended)?

I didn't and that's how they get ya. :w00t:

I dont remember where, all im seeing right now is articles from like 2010 on choppers having a type of blade allowing for quieter flights. SO I could be entirely off.

I like my idea about it being a balloon best of all the wild speculation ive thrown so far

The International Space Sation perhaps........... the swerve could just be a trick of the eyes.

I've seen the International Space Station at night, and it's very bright white light and fast moving, and looks like it just dissapears from view.

Did your sighting look like this?

https://www.youtube....h?v=dTvf8Gwxqys

It didn't. It wasn't going that fast.

(don't ask for the science...despite the lab coat in my avatar, I'm an idiot)

Probably not. I see helicopters all the time around here. I can hear them from a distance. It could though, but I think we all would've heard it on how close it was.

Haha alright. I'm not really arguing with anyone, I'm just giving the facts of what I observed, and heard that night. It was pretty quiet at that time.

Not sure if I added this but it did change direction. It was heading south then east south east.

Where did you hear that (pun unintended)?

Actually, some choppers are designed to run quietly; very quietly. I live in a place where military choppers often fly overhead and they are loud, rattling the house. Never seen one of the quiet ones, but I have no doubt they exist. Have a gander at this little blurpI wrote a few years ago:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=157853&st=13830

I am on my phone, so linking and quoting text is not exactly optimal :-)

Cheers,

Badeskov

Actually, some choppers are designed to run quietly; very quietly. I live in a place where military choppers often fly overhead and they are loud, rattling the house. Never seen one of the quiet ones, but I have no doubt they exist. Have a gander at this little blurpI wrote a few years ago:

http://www.unexplain...157853&st=13830

I am on my phone, so linking and quoting text is not exactly optimal :-)

Cheers,

Badeskov

No, I believe they exist. I just assumed that any with that technology are extremely expensive and rare, as opposed to something you might see flying around here and there. Maybe over Area 51, but I don't know about Utah. Maybe there is a new 'Area __' near there.