Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man, 24, born with his heart in his abdomen

Still Waters

A man, who has lived his entire life with a heart protruding from his abdomen, is finally able to walk upright without getting out of breath or turning blue.

Huang Rongming, from Henan province in China, underwent life-changing surgery to correct heart a defect and move the organ away from his abdomen and into his ribcage.

He had lived with the rare condition for 24 years until a doctor told him his condition was rapidly deteriorating and that he required urgent surgery.

http://www.dailymail...are-defect.html

• Like 1

Yikes! And there was me feeling sorry for myself because I have a slight toothache.

Hope his recovery is rapid and complete. Poor guy.

• Like 1

Now that is a terrible condition. Never seen it before though, it's always China that has all these strange birth defect stories. Either that or selective news reporting.

• Like 3

Something strange in this story... the article says he's a factory worker, but it also says he's spent the majority of his life laying down because when he stands up, he can't breathe and turns blue. What factory job allows you to work laying down? Weird.

• Like 3

What this poor man went through. I'm glad he made it, though.

• Like 1

They say the quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

This is a bit too literal, china

• Like 2

My husband recently had a triple heart by-pass plus one. I know what an ordeal it was for my husband. My heart and prayers go out to him and his family.

• Like 1

While it is sad that he waited so precariously into adulthood, it is indeed gratifying to read there are wonderfully generous people in the world willing to help others. Altruism still reigns.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...