Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Types of Empaths and abilities?

KW_Windy

Hey, so i am one of the fortunate/unfortunate people who call themselves an empath. But im not like emotional empaths who just walk in the room and suddenly feel sad or happy or etc. i dont feel emotion i just kind of know it. I read one website that talked about how empathy was a sense. Well here is my theory. When i was born i was born without my olfactory bulbs, which is a fancy way of saying i have no sense of smell. When someone is born without a sense sometimes the other senses make up for it, right? well instead of super human eyesight or hearing, i think that my empathy just got jacked up i guess you could say. Its almost like a notification in my head that just kinda happens, it tells me how certain people feel when i look at them. FOr example i play high school basketball and one of the freshman who dresses varisty the entire ride home just looked sad to me. well not looked but you get the point. even sitting there laughing i just kinda knew something was up. i confronted her about it asking if she wanted to talk etc. she said no that nothing was wrong but later that night she texted me asking mehow i knew something was wrong with her, and we ended up talking for 3 hours about why she was depressed etc.Granted this doesnt happen every time i look at someone, but more times than not i usually have some sort of idea of whats going on. I read about all the different types of empaths, from animal to clairvoyant, and i really feel like i am a mix of emotional(bc i do occasionally feel other peoples feelings), Communication, and Clairvoyant. Im really not sure about all this, i like to think i am but im not so if you have any helpful tips etc and maybe want to share your knowledge of empaths and the different types etc feel free to comment! thanks!

Also, I dont know if this is only me, honestly probably is, but when im hanging out with friends or in class or something i find myself taking on other peoples personalities without meaning to. now that ive caught on to it i can stop it, but growing up i annoyed a lot of people because i couldnt really act like me. Some days i would wake up and not really know how to act or talk right i guess you could say. Let me know what you guys think!

Edited by KW_Windy
  • Like 1

"Also, I dont know if this is only me, honestly probably is..."

No, honestly it isn't:)

Welcome to UM!

• Like 1

Hahaha thanks! Glad to know it's not only me!