Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ever heard of this one?

DBunker

• 3 weeks later...

Hell, my grandmothers never needed a tradition to slap the hell out of me. Or my any of my cousins, aunt, uncles, or parents. If you did something stupid...POW!! you got slapped. It can keep you from doing stupid stuff later on down the road. But getting slapped just one day out of the year could cause undo backlash.

• 2 weeks later...

But getting slapped just one day out of the year could cause undo backlash.

I think Id preffer one day of slapping to the orgy of slapping you are describing.

• Like 1

Hahaha, orgy of slapping. I just refrained from doing something stupid in their presence or anyplace that it may come back around to them.

• Like 2

That was just the thing, no one got away, not even the innocent. The old hags slapped the bejesus out of the kids they simply didnt like.

That's what I was saying about one day of slapping for no reason. As opposed to being slapped for something you actually did.

Slapping someone for no reason has a way of coming back to you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's what I was saying about one day of slapping for no reason. As opposed to being slapped for something you actually did.

Slapping someone for no reason has a way of coming back to you.

Indeed. There are stories about revenge when the kids got older. Not just dying alone old grandmothers.... but realy nasty revenge. If they are true or not I dont know.

Is this town named Psychoville?

... or Royston Vasey... :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey look its my grandchild! And it the 14th of May I think I should slap him/her in the face and nearly break their cheek bone or something! YAY :D If someone did that to any child I would slap them back, unless they give me brownies :3 then I'll slap them back after eating the brownie >:D

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe..... I asked my dad about it earlier to day, he said that it was a lot worse a couple of decades ago. Kids with head trauma at the emergency room was expected on that date.

Allegedly the original women (the daughter) was found dead a couple of years after the event.

The husband was the prime suspect.... but there was little to no evidence that he murderd her.

Pretty sad, imo, to think that a grandmother would hit her grandkid that hard...it's despicable, I have to say.

• 3 weeks later...

Hardly the poor kids fault would be easy to check if police records or newspaper clips are availible

Google is your friend. :tu:

• 6 months later...

I have tried but no cigarr..... Before the internet and all that, I guess

Maybe the humidity was up and something in the air told them they could. Cause of ghosts or not; Strange...

I have tried but no cigarr..... Before the internet and all that, I guess

Tried to google this UL?

The titanic was before the internet.

There is a story going around where I grew up that a family (50 years ago) was terrorized by their grandmother. She refused to let go of her daughter, she hated the guy the daughter married. They had 3 kids. The old ladyhated them aswell. She wanted her daughter back, away from the others. She called them about 20 times a day. Walking around their house at night, etc...

One day she even tried to get one of the kids out of kindergarden, God knows why..... but the teachers knew about the whole situation and refused, she then slapped 3-4 kids and the teacher in the mouth.

That same night the old lady tried to break into their house.

The mother in the family (the old ladys daughter) thought it was a thief and killed her, blasted her in the face with a shotgun.

She was so shocked when she saw who it was that she whent to the kids bedroom and and threw the dead grandmother on the floor infront of the screaming kids. She screamed at them that it was their fault, that she hated them all, slapped them all in the face and ran out of the house.

This family, the dad and 3 kids, never saw her again.

The legend -- Every May 14th -- Grandmothers all over town is allowed to slap their grandkids in the face, as hard as they want.

And they do.

Weird story, but my birthday is the 14th!!! Coincidence?