Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astrophysics Section In Unexplained Mysteries

NatureBoff

Waspie_Dwarf will be able tell you that more people than just myself wish to discuss mysteries in astrophysics when new scientific data comes into the public domain. An example just recently would be spiral galaxy formation, which is currently a complete unknown. Waspie_Dwarf isn't keen on these kind of speculative discussions within his threads or the Astronomy & Astrophysics section in general. Lilly has intervened and said that there is a relevant section for this, but I can only think of Modern Mysteries, New Age & Prophecies which isn't particularly relevant. Scientifically minded people interested in cutting edge discoveries in astrophysics don't necessarily look here, they go to the obvious titled section outside of the Unexplained Mysteries section altogether.

Can I suggest the need for a new section in the Unexplained Mysteries to reflect this need for discussion which reflects the forums main purpose. A possible title could be 'Fundamentals In Astrophysics' for example.

Thanks for listening.

Edited by NatureBoff

Waspie_Dwarf will be able tell you that more people than just myself wish to discuss mysteries in astrophysics when new scientific data comes into the public domain. An example just recently would be spiral galaxy formation, which is currently a complete unknown. Waspie_Dwarf isn't keen on these kind of speculative discussions within his threads or the Astronomy & Astrophysics section in general. Lilly has intervened and said that there is a relevant section for this, but I can only think of Modern Mysteries, New Age & Prophecies which isn't particularly relevant. Scientifically minded people interested in cutting edge discoveries in astrophysics don't necessarily look here, they go to the obvious titled section outside of the Unexplained Mysteries section altogether.

Can I suggest the need for a new section in the Unexplained Mysteries to reflect this need for discussion which reflects the forums main purpose. A possible title could be 'Fundamentals In Astrophysics' for example.

Thanks for listening.

Seconded.

• Like 1

Thanks for listening.

Requesting a separate forum, where, maybe 2 or 3 people discuss stuff, that's stretching it.

... it's laughable, actually.

There is no need for a separate section. Lilly's comment was specifically about your habit of thread hijacking and derailment. As has been explained to you before there is nothing to stop you starting a topic about your ideas. The problem is that you don't do this. You hijack other people's topics. You do it to such an extent that it has become difficult to discuss certain subjects (and not just in the astronomy section but in the UFO and cryptozoology sections too).

I repeat what I have said to you before, you can discuss what you like, just don't ruin existing topics to do it.

• Like 1

There is no need for a separate section. Lilly's comment was specifically about your habit of thread hijacking and derailment. As has been explained to you before there is nothing to stop you starting a topic about your ideas. The problem is that you don't do this. You hijack other people's topics. You do it to such an extent that it has become difficult to discuss certain subjects (and not just in the astronomy section but in the UFO and cryptozoology sections too).

I repeat what I have said to you before, you can discuss what you like, just don't ruin existing topics to do it.

You mean starting a topic in your section with speculative ideas?

If so, I would be most grateful if you could move my Juno thread from the Modern Mysteries, New Age & Prophecies please. Is this kind of speculative thread acceptable in the Astronomy section?

Edited by NatureBoff

You mean starting a topic in your section with speculative ideas?

If so, I would be most grateful if you could move my Juno thread from the Modern Mysteries, New Age & Prophecies please. Is this kind of speculative thread acceptable in the Astronomy section?

Not only is it acceptable to start topics like this, it is EXACTLY what we have been asking you to do.

Your topic has been moved.