Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why are we not being visited?

itsnotoutthere

With billions upon billions of stars & planets in our universe it would seem logical that it was teeming with life like ours, indeed you would think that by now we would have had hundreds if not thousands of different visitors making there way to our planet in the search for other life forms, & yet ...still nothing.

We still have not a single shred of real evidence of the existence of any intelligent alien life!

Why is this...your thoughts....

• Like 2

With billions upon billions of stars & planets in our universe it would seem logical that it was teeming with life like ours, indeed you would think that by now we would have had hundreds if not thousands of different visitors making there way to our planet in the search for other life forms, & yet ...still nothing.

We still have not a single shred of real evidence of the existence of any intelligent alien life!

See post 150 on the other thread. There is absolutely no justification for your claim of 'nothing'.

It's just ignoring. That's it.

Better if your OP had asked for what evidence would the skeptics need to believe that ET was here.

Can you ammend your OP?

Edited by zoser

Good question. Travelling to a distant life-giving planet is still well beyond our current capabilities. There's a first time for everything though. Perhaps we should just concentrate on surviving as a civilization ourselves long enough to be able to visit a planet which possesses any life at all, let alone a potentially technologically advanced one. We might be more closely tied to our little rock than we realize.

Better if your OP had asked for what evidence would the skeptics need to believe that ET was here.

a joyride in one of their ships would do.....

With billions upon billions of stars & planets in our universe it would seem logical that it was teeming with life like ours indeed you would think that by now we would have had hundreds if not thousands of different visitors

You answer your own question. We are not able to visit other planets, so would "life like ours" be able to.

There is absolutely no justification for your claim of 'nothing'.

Conversely there is no justification for claiming we are being visited either.

Even if there were alien races whose technology far outpaced ours, the chances of them knowing of us are pretty dismal if not non-existent.

After all the universe is a non-ending place and we certainly are NOT at the center of all that is.

• Like 3

While it may be true that our universe, in fact our galaxy, may be "teeming with life". The problem many have in conceptualising the actual distances involved between even the closest stars, when compared to the travel we are used to such as maritime, leads to the refusal to consider the difficulties inherent with crossing such vast distances.

Add in to that the extremely hostile nature of the environment being crossed, and the lack of any known way to side-step the issues involved (via flt travel, 'hyperspace', 'wormholes', etc), and the possibility that we are actually being visited by alien life reduces effectively to zero.

• Like 3

While it may be true that our universe, in fact our galaxy, may be "teeming with life". The problem many have in conceptualising the actual distances involved between even the closest stars, when compared to the travel we are used to such as maritime, leads to the refusal to consider the difficulties inherent with crossing such vast distances.

Add in to that the extremely hostile nature of the environment being crossed, and the lack of any known way to side-step the issues involved (via flt travel, 'hyperspace', 'wormholes', etc), and the possibility that we are actually being visited by alien life reduces effectively to zero.

Excellent response, and one I agree with 100%.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Excellent response, and one I agree with 100%.

I would like to point out that I would not discount the possibility of visitation by a mechanical alien artifact. That would be more likely, if still very, very unlikely, than EBE's visiting.

I would like to point out that I would not discount the possibility of visitation by a mechanical alien artifact. That would be more likely, if still very, very unlikely, than EBE's visiting.

Yes, no doubt Voyager will eventually glide close to some inhabited planet in the dim distant future & the inhabitants will know they weren't the only ones in the universe, but I also believe that the human race will be long gone by then.

But as yes say in your first post, the real barrier to alien visitation is distance & physics, & the type of people that think with live in a 'star trek' type universe where you can step onto a space ship like stepping onto a number nine bus just haven't the faintest grasp on the vast distances involved.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

They are here alrdy ! We just need to wait for them to run out of food ! Maybe they are preparing ideas ! Hoe to cook us humans . Alien tv show : master chef at cooking humans .

Maybe we are insignificant by their standards - sort of like how we tend to side step dog poop!

• Like 1

See post 150 on the other thread. There is absolutely no justification for your claim of 'nothing'.

It's just ignoring. That's it.

Can you ammend your OP?

This is not your thread and you really come off as rude when you ask them to rephrase their OP to make it more to your liking.

• Like 1

well, maybe for the same reason "we" visit nobody?

• Like 2

Ah yes, the Fermi Paradox...from our friends at Wiki: http://en.wikipedia....i/Fermi_paradox

So, where the heck is ET? It remains a very good question.

Im afraid that there is no sign out there by the Oort cloud saying *primitive beings - keep out*.... I truly believe that (if there indeed are others) they have no idea that we are here.

Speculation and wishful thinking is fine, but lets be honest here.... Star travel like in Star Wars/Trek and other FTL TV series is pure science fiction.

• Like 1

The vast distances and energy requirements. Perhaps intelligent and technologically advanced civilizations understand it is impractical to travel to other systems. Or they did attempt and died trying.

• Like 1

We are not being visited, because the distances to overcome are frigging gigantic, and since we can not figure out to bridge them it stands to reason that nobody else can either.

• Like 1

This is not your thread and you really come off as rude when you ask them to rephrase their OP to make it more to your liking.

Some may feel it's a bit disingenuous to open a thread which is an exact anti-thesis to another.

But then I imagine you didn't think about that.

:td:

Edited by zoser

Some may feel it's a bit disingenuous to open a thread which is an exact anti-thesis to another.

The question I pose in this thread is no less valid than the question you pose in yours, but in fact from my perspective more so.

p.s. May i say that to title your thread 'why are we being visited' is a bit disingenuous & the exact antithesis to the evidence.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

Given the dearth of evidence for ET visitation - and note that UFO sightings/evidence do not constitute ET sightings/evidence - then I don't see why both pov's, and thus both questions, aren't equally valid?

Edited by Leonardo

If you had the means for intergalactic travel, would you rather come to Earth or go anywhere else in the universe?

The question I pose in this thread is no less valid than the question you pose in yours, but in fact from my perspective more so.

p.s. May i say that to title your thread 'why are we being visited' is a bit disingenuous & the exact antithesis to the evidence.

Worse than that --- he based the "why" question on the false claim that there is "overwhelming evidence", which he refuses to produce (understandably, since it does not exist).

The OP here did not make such an absurd claim.

• Like 1

Given the dearth of evidence for ET visitation - and note that UFO sightings/evidence do not constitute ET sightings/evidence - then I don't see why both pov's, and thus both questions, aren't equally valid?

That is like claiming that the proposition "there is a Chinese teapot orbiting Mars" is equally credible to the proposition "there is no Chinese teapot orbiting Mars".

I think atheists are familiar with this false equivalency, which is a standard trick used by religionists.

• Like 1