Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atlantis = Niflheim

granpa

read post 15 and think about it

While I appreciate the attempt to provoke thought in my otherwise empty cranium, granpa, a crucial factor of an epiphany (if, indeed, you have suffered such) is that it is yours, personal and not some communal realisation of a truth.

Therefore, I would request you clarify your proposal, please, and make clear what I confess I cannot fathom.

I've cooked you a meal.

set it before you.

I've even cut it up into little pieces.

Now you want me to chew it for you

Edited by granpa

I've cooked you a meal.

set it before you.

Cut it up into little pieces.

If you took the stuff out of the garbage bin to feed is don't expect any gratitude. Now again: What town called Sais is in Anatolia?

Edited by questionmark

I've cooked you a meal.

set it before you.

Cut it up into little pieces.

Well, I could equally accuse you of bluffing and suggest you haven't really got a theory - but I wouldn't do that because I play nice. :)

I would appreciate further details, but if you're unwilling to provide them I can live with not knowing what you have to share, and moving on to other things.

You really think that I care?

LOL.

Yes, because you otherwise wouldn't have posted anything at all.

Maybe you don't care about Atlantis and the truth regarding that, maybe what you care about is the attention you get when you post and others reply. But, at the end of the day, you care - about something.

And this is me playing nice. :)

• Like 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Siberian_Glacial_Lake

The West Siberian Glacial Lake, also known as West Siberian Lake, or Mansiyskoe Lake (Russian: Мансийское озеро), was a periglacial lake formed when the Arctic Ocean outlets for each of the Ob and Yenisei rivers were blocked by the Barents-Kara Ice Sheet during the Weichselian Glaciation, approximately 80,000 years ago. At its maximum extent, the lake's surface area was more than twice that of the present-day Caspian Sea.

It is theorized that while drainage to the Arctic Ocean basin (e.g. by the Ob and Yenisei Rivers) was prevented, the lake would eventually overflow to the Mediterranean Sea through a circuitous route that would include the Aral Sea, the Caspian Sea, and the Black Sea. This would have resulted in water from the Selenga River and Lake Baikal draining over a course of some 6,000 miles (9600 km), considerably longer than any river's course today

If the sea of Marmara is a microcosm of the Mediterranean then I wonder what the story of Troy is a microcosm of

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Founding_of_Rome

According to the Aeneid, the survivors from the fallen city of Troy banded together under Aeneas, underwent a series of adventures around the Mediterranean Sea, including a stop at newly founded Carthage under the rule of Queen Dido, and eventually reached the Italian coast. The Trojans were thought to have landed in an area between modern Anzio and Fiumicino, southwest of Rome: probably at Laurentum, or in other versions, at Lavinium, a place named for Lavinia, the daughter of King Latinus, whom Aeneas married. This started a series of armed conflicts with Turnus over the marriage of Lavinia.[3] Turnus was (before the arrival of Aeneas) engaged to Lavinia who then married Aeneas starting the war.[3] Aeneas won the war and killed Turnus.[3] The Trojans won the right to stay and to assimilate with the local peoples. The young son of Aeneas, Ascanius, also known as Iulus, went on to found Alba Longa and the line of Alban kings who filled the chronological gap between the Trojan saga and the traditional founding of Rome in the 8th century BC

Toward the end of this line, King Procas was the father of Numitor and Amulius. At Procas' death, Numitor became king of Alba Longa, but Amulius captured him and sent him to prison; he also forced the daughter of Numitor, Rhea Silvia, to become a virgin priestess among the Vestals

The myth of Aeneas, Greek in origin, had to be reconciled with the Italian myth of Romulus and Remus, who taken as historical figures would have been born around 771 BC. They were purported to be sons of the Rhea Silvia and Mars, the god of war

Edited by granpa

A large part of the story of the Argonauts takes place in the sea of Marmara

and then suddenly and inexplicably jumps to Italy.

hmm

Edited by granpa

The West Siberian Glacial Lake, also known as West Siberian Lake, or Mansiyskoe Lake (Russian: Мансийское озеро),

SiberianSuperRiver.gif

http://en.wikipedia....e_Egypt_(region)

Southern Illinois (also known as "Little Egypt" or "Egypt") is the southern third of the state of Illinois. With the area code 618, the southern part of Illinois is geographically, culturally, and economically distinct from the rest of the state.

The nickname "Egypt" may have arisen in the 1830s, when poor harvests in the north of the state drove people to Southern Illinois to buy grain. Others say it was because the land of the great Mississippi and Ohio River valleys were like that of Egypt’s Nile delta. According to Hubbs, the nickname may date back to 1818, when a huge tract of land was purchased at the confluence of the rivers and its developers named it Cairo. Today, the town of Cairo still stands on the peninsula where the Ohio River joins the Mississippi. Other settlements in the area were also given names with Egyptian, Greek or Middle Eastern origins: The Southern Illinois University Salukis sports teams and towns such as Metropolis, Thebes, Dongola, Palestine, Lebanon, New Athens, Sparta, and Karnak show the influence of classical culture.

Edited by granpa
  • Like 1

Atlantis was said to be 2000 stadia by 3000 stadia and its perimeter was said to be 10000 stadia.

that's 368 km by 552 km and 1840 km

tCv8bCv.gif

Edited by granpa

wow. evetually it ends up as a monologue.

• Like 2

wow. evetually it ends up as a monologue.

incoherence always does, why are you surprised?

• Like 2

*crickets*

• Like 1

As puzzled as I am?

Puzzled by a fringer who claims to be the sole human in millennia who "really" understands what some historical writer meant? You must've skipped your morning coffee today....

-- Jaylemurph

• Like 2

all new theories are "fringe" ("new" as in "not yet mainstream". Not "new" as in "never thought of before")

If even I can see it then I know that lots of others have seen it too.

I'm not special. In fact I would say that I'm below average.

Just because its not mainstream doesn't mean that I am the only one

I'm not trying to prove anything to anybody.

I don't care whether anyone believes what I say

nor do I care whether my ideas ever become mainstream

You are free to believe whatever you want.

Edited by granpa

If I can see it then I know that others can and do too.

I'm not special. In fact I would say that I'm below average.

Just because its not mainstream doesn't mean that I am the only one

I'm sure that lots of other people see it the same way that I do.

Great minds think alike, gramps, but fools seldom differ.

-- Jaylemurph

• Like 2

so we're reduced to just throwing insults now are we?

edit:No, after going back through all the posts in this thread I see that you have only made 3 posts and they have all been nothing but insults.

I am now ignoring you.

Edited by granpa
  • Like 1

I think it would help if you laid your theory out for us instead of trying to make us guess in some perverse game. Tell us what you think and then we can have a constructive conversation/debate. Please no more of the "I cooked you a meal" rhetoric.