Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who Remembers Bat Boy?

Turtleguy

I remember as a kid, back when George Bush senior was in office, the tabloids were full of bat boy stories starting with bat boy found in cave. Bat boy quickly gained popularity and was in even used in advertising, such as, Bat Boy love Little Caesars Pizza. Also one of the tabloids I saw where he was on the cover was, Bat Boy bites President, with a picture of him biting George Bush senior. I know he isn't real, if anything bit the president the whole world would know about it but how did Bat Boy get started and why was he forgotten so quickly?

• Like 2

It was part of weekly world news. As for why he's not popular anymore... when was the last time you saw Weekly World News on the stands?

• Like 2

It was part of weekly world news. As for why he's not popular anymore... when was the last time you saw Weekly World News on the stands?

I haven't seen that paper in over a decade at least. I just wondered why this creature never remained a cryptid, it was a popular cryptid at the time.

I haven't seen that paper in over a decade at least. I just wondered why this creature never remained a cryptid, it was a popular cryptid at the time.

It wsn't a cryptid, WWN was sort of a gag paper that made up the character. It was owned by them and died with them.
  • Like 1

I almost want them come back, just for the sheer entertainment value.

• Like 2

I remember one story that is still talked about today, the Japanese fishing boat that pulled up a carcass of a "lochness monster" type creature.

I remember one story that is still talked about today, the Japanese fishing boat that pulled up a carcass of a "lochness monster" type creature.

Yeah, bet you never heard what it actually was?

It was a dead and decaying basking shark, funny how they forget to report that part of the story.

I loved Bat Boy. Whenever anything went wrong, we used to blame it on Bat Boy. Now we have to find another scapegoat.

• Like 2

i loved weekly world news....wish they would bring it back.

• Like 1

Batboy_Steals_MINI.jpg

This made me laugh a little harder than I expected.

This kind of reminds me of that one time The Sun reported about life on the moon.

I wonder if there are any modern newspapers that have thaw kind of stories today. Probably not, but it would be fun to have WWN or a similar paper.

• Like 1

This made me laugh a little harder than I expected.

This kind of reminds me of that one time The Sun reported about life on the moon.

I wonder if there are any modern newspapers that have thaw kind of stories today. Probably not, but it would be fun to have WWN or a similar paper.

You never read The Onion? It's an online spoof news site.

• Like 1

I actually haven't. Now that I've been informed of it, I think I'll check it out. Thank you, Mr. Dorado.

• Like 1

Hey the MiB use WWN because it's "the most informative news source on the planet"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OMFG I grew up on the WWN. Articles were so bad they were almost good.

On a side note, they once used a random picture of my father as one of their correspondents for several years. Was hilarious to see.

• Like 1

I was gonna mention the Onion also haha

• Like 1

...how did Bat Boy get started and why was he forgotten so quickly?

Not totally forgotten. Go watch the credits of Gravity Falls on Youtube for a pleasant surprise.... :yes: