Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Near Death Experience Documentary

EllJay

A new interesting documentary about the commonalities of peoples NDE´s.

Researchers and NDE´ers share their stories, findings and experience on the subject.

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 3

There's a very nice old Lady ( 85yrs old)who lives near me,who has been in Hospital 4 times,and she has been resuscitated 3 times when her heart stopped,for more than 4 minutes at a time. She has no recollection of N.D.E. or out of body experience.She seems to remember that everything was grey and she couldn't see a thing,like being surrounded by thick grey fog.As far as her friends and relatives are aware she has had no side effects and is completely normal after her experiences.Maybe N.D.E is all in the mind because you aren't actually dead.I guess your blood must be Oxygenated enough to keep your brain alive after your heart stops beating,and I honestly cant see people floating around outside their bodies watching themselves.I think perhaps they make this up when they are asked what it was like to gain attention and get sympathy.

I have read so many science reports that say NDE`s are not real, however its those reports of someone like this one women who claimed in having one walked to the cafeteria in the hospistal and heard every word their love ones were saying, if this can be proven I `d believe a little more :)

There's an awesome truth in that opening quote..

"Every Exit is an entry to somewhere else"

I challenge anyone to prove that wrong..

• Like 2

There's an awesome truth in that opening quote..

"Every Exit is an entry to somewhere else"

I challenge anyone to prove that wrong..

Sleep is a good example for that that is closest to the concept of death. Any hypothetical being not like us at all would see us fall asleep, and assume that exit of sleep is exactly that. They would assume that the human being exits to nothingness in thinking/feeling, then eventually returns to consciousness upon wake.

Silly outside beings. We know us better. That exit into sleep was just an entrance into the world of dreams. Upon exiting dreaming, here we are again, entering The Real World: Earth house again.

So we know in hindsight that sleep is an entrance to another state. With this in mind, why would death hypothetically be any different?

I know, I know. No brain. But I still haven't seen sufficient evidence myself that the brain is the originator of my existence. I just have heard and trust that it sits inside my head, and does things when I think and feel emotion. But does it make all of those things?

Edited by _Only
  • Like 2

There is a connection between NDE's, quantum physics, and the holographic universe theory that is very evidential. It is not easily explained away. People who have NDE's come back and describe what they experienced in terms that can only be called "holographic." They also say things seem to allude to quantum mechanics. If you read the online essay "The Universe as a Hologram" and then Mark Horton's NDE the connection between them is obvious.

The Universe as a Hologram by Michael Talbot:

http://www.earthportals.com/hologram.html

Mark Horton's NDE:

http://www.mindspring.com/~scottr/nde/markh.html

Art

• Like 1

Nice film thanks I find them inspiring and they make me want to meditate more and experience the inner world of Peace we all carry within us. What people experience in an NDE we can experience without the many different traumas that are normally associated with these experiences. It can be experienced through a GOOD meditation for yourself and then you can through meditating everyday bring that experience of Universal Peace that you find ‘there’ into your everyday life. Can you imagine that in your everyday life? You don’t have to watch documentaries you can KNOW for yourself but have you the determination and the patience? Here’s a vid that one might call an NDE but the doctor experiences before she becomes unconscious and so shows that as she says the INNER world is accessible while alive, just as all the Teachers and Masters have said throughout time, “Heaven is within” or “know thy self” to KNOW you are not this body that you walk around in, but you are a part of the universal that powers everything! Can you imagine that in your everyday life?

“If every 8 year old in the world is taught meditation we will eliminate violence from the world within one generation.” Dalai Lama

• Like 1

I know, I know. No brain. But I still haven't seen sufficient evidence myself that the brain is the originator of my existence. I just have heard and trust that it sits inside my head, and does things when I think and feel emotion. But does it make all of those things?

As far as I can tell, the brain is just the interpreter of your physical existence.. The Mind, however, that's as close to the originator of existence as far as I can tell..

The whole idea of entry & exit, I think, exists in the interface between mind & brain, lol, there's a door there that I'm looking for... The Brain is quite capable of interpreting the things before us, text on screen, fingers on keyboard.. The Mind, however, is limitless, can reach for the stars, or beyond the grave, & time has no limit when the mind reaches forward or back..

I kind of think that in many ways, the story's of these NDE's, OBE's point to the brain and the mind being separate entities.. Most of the people were lost for words, and couldn't explain what their minds experienced, couldn't put it to words.. That IMO, points to Brain being Interpreter of physical existence, but mind being the originator of existence, and as such the Mind being our true being..

• Like 1