Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gobekli Tepe not Aligned to Sirius

Andrew B Collins

Sirius is the latest star to be put forward as the primary focus of key monuments at Gobekli Tepe. Yet such a conclusion is thwart with problems, not only in connection with the faint appearance and feeble movement of the star during the epoch in question, but also with respect to the orientation and layout of the enclosures themselves. I have written two articles on the subject, which I believe will be of interest to members of the message board:

"Gobekli Tepe and the Rebirth of Sirius"

(co-authored with engineer Robert Hale)

http://www.andrewcol...ekli_Sirius.htm

Gobekli Tepe and the Worship of the Stars: A Question of Orientation

http://www.andrewcol...li_Mandaean.htm

Welcome your thoughts.

post-95609-0-37549300-1377395687_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

why did u start a topic and then link your website? thats pretty lame. like super lame

why did u start a topic and then link your website? thats pretty lame. like super lame

'cause he wants to sell his books. Dumb question.

As to the thingy itself, even with just a cursory check: You seem to be very inventive pushing your brain maxturbations.

• Like 2

geez - seems the only one who really knows whats going at one enclosure at Gobekli Tepe is me,

seems im the only one who knows whats at play at the GP :)

Dont think its by chance :)

Best andrew, but if you talk to Maitreya Miranda in the UK, she could probably tell you

who would know and why. :) but dont give me name out well maybe to RB he's so close-minded as you know:)

best andrew

Edited by samspade

There's a lot of symbols in Gobekli Tepe, what do these sitting birds symbolize ? Sitting children ?

2a75wsy.jpg

gobekli-tepe2.jpgvincent-j-musi-a-gobekli-tepe-pillar-with-birds-at-the-base.jpg

img_0129.jpg

Edited by Ove
  • Like 1

bets are being accepted for how long it takes for the first one to come around and claim: Them ain't no boids, them is Dinosaurs". :devil:

• Like 1

Sirius is the latest star to be put forward as the primary focus of key monuments at Gobekli Tepe. Yet such a conclusion is thwart with problems, not only in connection with the faint appearance and feeble movement of the star during the epoch in question, but also with respect to the orientation and layout of the enclosures themselves. I have written two articles on the subject, which I believe will be of interest to members of the message board:

"Gobekli Tepe and the Rebirth of Sirius"

(co-authored with engineer Robert Hale)

http://www.andrewcol...ekli_Sirius.htm

Gobekli Tepe and the Worship of the Stars: A Question of Orientation

http://www.andrewcol...li_Mandaean.htm

Welcome your thoughts.

If you'd bother to search for threads about Göbekli Tepe on this site, you'd find out there are much more interesting things to know about the site, things not even you dreamt about.

And those who came forward with that information were not out to sell their books..... they just shared their ideas and finds.

• Like 3

There is no connection between Gobekli Tepe and the stars.

...I'm impressed by your absolute knowledge of this mysterious site. Most historians and other people tend to point out there are no absolutes in historical and archaeological studies.

You're not holding out any other sort of absolute authority knowledge on anything else, are you? I mean, I'm interested in the development of tragedy in Anceint Greece, which is pretty wrapped up in mystery. Care to eludicate?

--Jaylemurph

bets are being accepted for how long it takes for the first one to come around and claim: Them ain't no boids, them is Dinosaurs". :devil:

The sitting bald headed birds are most likely vultures :) a death cult ? burial ceremonies ?

vulture-1-png_50212_20121014-366.png

The wild boar is also a recurring animal in Göbekli Tepe ! did they feed the animals with corpses ? was Göbekli Tepe a site for ritualized disposal of human corpses ?

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Ove

Its good to see you back Abramelin!

Big Bad Voodoo

They will have to kill me to prevent me from coming here. I will always find a way, illegal or not,lol.

• Like 2

There is no connection between Gobekli Tepe and the stars.

...I'm impressed by your absolute knowledge of this mysterious site. Most historians and other people tend to point out there are no absolutes in historical and archaeological studies.

You're not holding out any other sort of absolute authority knowledge on anything else, are you? I mean, I'm interested in the development of tragedy in Anceint Greece, which is pretty wrapped up in mystery. Care to eludicate?

--Jaylemurph

When I look at the site I see a lot of flesh eating animals, vultures, wild boars, big cats, dogs etc. there's no reason to think they are star signs, they're only participants in a burial ceremony, that's all. Human corpses were brought to the site to be eaten by the wild animals in front of the stylized T shaped human statues. I hope they did not somehow participate in the meal to :)

26273ol.jpg

Untitled-6.jpg

Edited by Ove

Sky burials were practiced in that whole region . If Gobekli tepe area was used for that purpose extensively id' think they might have found more human bones? Maybe not.. bones don't last long on the surface. I wonder if they may have burned the bones after a respectable period of time? A pot full of ashes of human bones would help that idea a lot.

Interesting to think about what they might have been up to there.

ya.. good to see you Abramelin .. ya old book worm !

• Like 1

When I look at the site I see a lot of flesh eating animals, vultures, wild boars, big cats, dogs etc. there's no reason to think they are star signs, they're only participants in a burial ceremony, that's all. Human corpses were brought to the site to be eaten by the wild animals in front of the stylized T shaped human statues. I hope they did not somehow participate in the meal to :)

That's an interesting idea. It would fit in nicely with a hunting culture concerned with 'balancing the books'. I think Joseph Campbell would have liked it.

Sky burials were practiced in that whole region . If Gobekli tepe area was used for that purpose extensively id' think they might have found more human bones? Maybe not.. bones don't last long on the surface. I wonder if they may have burned the bones after a respectable period of time? A pot full of ashes of human bones would help that idea a lot.

Interesting to think about what they might have been up to there.

ya.. good to see you Abramelin .. ya old book worm !

As I understand, after the bones are cleaned by the animals, they are dealt with separately in another ceremony. If all these animals participated in the burial ceremony, I would no longer call it, only a sky (vulture) burial.

The identity, formation and role of the T shaped human statues, remains unexplained. The animals are depicted on and around them, yet they seem alive, with flesh on their arms and hands, and belts around their waist.

gobekli-full_35417_600x450.jpg

gobekli_tepe04_01.jpg

Anu+Belt.jpg

Edited by Ove
  • Like 1

hmm. That is interesting. many many animal bones have been found.. maybe the honored guests participated in more than being consumed themselves? But who eats scorpions when you can have roast pig? I always wonder about the hand on the stomach... and always am tempted to assign some spiritual meaning to it... but, to go along with your idea in some way, could it portray nothing more than a FULL stomach?

I was going to say they look like Auks or Dodo Birds... But dinosaurs is good too..... :tu:

• 1 month later...

Not surprised by this....

The ancients did not align to stars in the night sky. They aligned to astronomical points on a Mercator modified map.

That is what archaeoastronomy cannot explain anything other than solstice alignments. 90% of these structures are designed to align to the Milky Way Helix

see this work on Harappa

http://www.midnightsciencejournal.com/2013/10/31/alignment-of-harappa-seals-to-map-of-earth/

• 1 month later...

OVE, "The identity, formation and role of the T shaped human statues, remains unexplained. The animals are depicted on and around them, yet they seem alive, with flesh on their arms and hands, and belts around their waist."

T-shaped "human statues"?????? :no: I see structural stone columns w/ carved figures on them. I see Collins trying to sell his book. I don't see any Astro-alignments @ this site. (The 'Posnansky' style of arch assumes too much, let's try applying common-sense to this site. :tu: )