Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"UFO Phenomenon" In A Seperate Section

NatureBoff

Due to the fact that most members overwhelmingly don't believe in E.T. visitation, I suggest that it makes sense to give the UFO phenomenon it's own section.

Due to the fact that most members overwhelmingly don't believe in E.T. visitation, I suggest that it makes sensep to give the UFO phenomenon it's own section.

And that will stop us from being skeptical in the new section how?

And that will stop us from being skeptical in the new section how?

Cloud formations, planets and Chinese lanterns fall into the UFO Phenomenon section, but not the E.T. section. The two are quite separate imv

Due to the fact that most members overwhelmingly don't believe in E.T. visitation, I suggest that it makes sense to give the UFO phenomenon it's own section.

Given that those that do believe in the UFO phenomenon generally believe them to be of ET origin the section we have seems to make logical sense.

NatureBoff, it seems to me that your recent suggestions of restructuring the site seem to be based around your own rather idiosyncratic views. This site seems to suit the majority, but you want to change it to suit just you. That isn't going to happen.

• Like 3

These two subjects are inter-related and work well together, we have no plans to split the section up.

The UFO Phenomenon is a very real event which effects thousands of people worldwide. Extraterrestrial visitation is pure speculation. The two aren't the same thing at all.

Cloud formations, planets and Chinese lanterns fall into the UFO Phenomenon section, but not the E.T. section. The two are quite separate imv

It's called the Extraterrestrial Life & The UFO Phenomenon section.

That AND means that non-ET explanations are allowed as well.

Once again no one else has a problem with this section. You are perfectly entitled to discuss non-ET explanations, as long as you are not hijacking other peoples topics are preventing the legitimate discussion of those that don't share your views (i.e. just about everyone else).

It's called the Extraterrestrial Life & The UFO Phenomenon section.

That AND means that non-ET explanations are allowed as well.

Once again no one else has a problem with this section. You are perfectly entitled to discuss non-ET explanations, as long as you are not hijacking other peoples topics are preventing the legitimate discussion of those that don't share your views (i.e. just about everyone else).

Saru has asked me not to post non-ET explanations in the section.

I did no such thing - what you were asked was to stop derailing threads with your personal cryptozoological theories when they have nothing whatsoever to do with what is being discussed.

• Like 2

I believe what Saru has asked you to do is to post topics which are better suited to the cryptozoology section in the cryptozoology section. A logic and reasonable request.

• Like 1

There is a genuine confusion going on that has nothing to do with my personal ideas:

Posted Today, 06:03 AM

View PostSpacenut56, on 24 August 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

Will respectfully disagree. There is tons of evidence, just ask all the astronauts, airplane pilots and all others who have seen things, they cannot explain. It depends of course upon your interpretation of the word "evidence." :-)

Evidence of what? Unidentified flying objects, not alien life.

How would we know how to differentiate between a UFO, and a genuine ET?

• Like 1

How would we know how to differentiate between a UFO, and a genuine ET?

If an astronomer says that a piece of space debris was known to have re-eneterd the atmosphere and crashed for example. This gives a good explanation for what people have seen.

Take a look in the "Why are we not being visited?" thread. Post#64

UFO means Unidentified Flying Object...the origin of the object being unknown. Some people think ET. Some people think secret military. Some people think natural phenomenon. Some people (at least one person) think large glowing reptile bird mothra critters.

These basic speculations can all go into one area in passing. Now, if one wants to delve into conspiracy or cryptids there are specific forums for such discussion. I don't see the real problem...just put discussion into the forums they fit best.

Edited by Lilly
addition
  • Like 2

UFO means Unidentified Flying Object...the origin of the object being unknown. Some people think ET. Some people think secret military. Some people think natural phenomenon. Some people (at least one person) think large glowing reptile bird mothra critters.

These speculations can all go into one area.

Yes, agreed Lilly. But keep this one area separate from ET. People can discuss future possible visitation for example or us contacting them. The possibilities are endless. Just different from UFOs in a lot of instances.

*Sigh* NatureBoff, talking about something in passing is fine...but hijacking discussion to discuss cryptids is not so fine. This is why Saru (and others) are asking that you take cryptid discussion to the appropriate forum area. We don't need an entire area just to discuss 'non ET UFOs' .

This is why I went on to say:

Now, if one wants to delve into conspiracy or cryptids there are specific forums for such discussion. I don't see the real problem...just put discussion into the forums they fit best.
Edited by Lilly
quoted myself
  • Like 1

If I may put my £0.02 into this discussion as an interested, but only marginally, observer?

*Well, it's obvious I'm going to speak anyway - but I thought I'd ask just to be polite :P *

I'm quite fine with the status quo.

It is down to the poster to determine where they think their topic lies, and down to the site admin staff to correct that if necessary. While NatureBoff's posts could be placed in either forum, the final say is down to site admin - and I personally agree that Crypto is more appropriate than UFO.

Maybe, NatureBoff, it would be better to start a new thread in Crypto expounding upon your topic, but make a post in the UFO thread with a link to the Crypto thread - with a concise explanation for the linkage?

'Tis a padded cell we're needing. I'll go in first.

*irons straitjacket*

Edited by Eldorado

I think it works well as it is now. The site is massive at the moment and splitting sections up would make things confusing, the subjects work well together.

• Like 1

I guess I'll stick to the Cryptozoology section, but there *is* unnecessary confusion and too much emphasis on ET based UFO phenomena which has no evidence what-so-ever. Oh well, thanks for listening and your suggestions. I've taken the opinions of others on board.

• Like 1