Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Amazing Dance of the Peacock Spider

seeder

Dang! but he's a cute little bugger! (pun intended)

And I don't even like spiders.

Mabon.

• Like 1

Dang! but he's a cute little bugger! (pun intended)

And I don't even like spiders.

Mabon.

hehe, me either!!

Well, I never did dislike or hate them. As a child I found them interesting but a few years ago I got bit by a brown recluse and have been leery of them ever since.

A month of steroids and a course of antibiotics will do that for you.

I just want to see them first and not be surprised.

Mabon.

• Like 1

He's a right wee show off :D

It's surprising how a splash of colour can make all the difference between watching a spider video and not watching a spider video. I've never liked spiders but when watching that one, it was his colours that distracted me.

• Like 1

Such an elaborate dance for such a little guy. Nature can be surprising.

And he's very colorful too..lovely green eyes.

I don't like spiders either but that dance makes him look almost intelligent. The dance is so complex one would think it was choreographed.

• Like 1

Such an elaborate dance for such a little guy. Nature can be surprising.

And he's very colorful too..lovely green eyes.

I don't like spiders either but that dance makes him look almost intelligent. The dance is so complex one would think it was choreographed.

Gangnam style!!

• Like 2

NOW....imagine...that an ancient aborgine sat and watched this display, and saw the tiny face shaped markings...

and decided to paint it on a cave wall..

and years and years later, modern man sees the rock art....and thinks, 'ah, it must have been ancient aliens they painted' :lol:

That is definitely a possibility. Some ancient cultures probably seen this and took it as a sign of their gods or nature spirits, painting them and putting human features on it.

As you said, modern man comes and takes it out of context without really researching the area the paintings were found in.

As a side note, too bad the girl spider wasn't impressed. She left as soon as the dance was over.

Oh well, try, try again, right?

• Like 1

That is definitely a possibility. Some ancient cultures probably seen this and took it as a sign of their gods or nature spirits, painting them and putting human features on it.

As you said, modern man comes and takes it out of context without really researching the area the paintings were found in.

Exactly right :tu: who really knows what they painted and why?

Well the vid was titled number 7, so I guess there has to be a 1-6 and 7+ right?

well heres #5

heres #8

[media=]

and you all know how to use YT to find the rest hehehe

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

Outstanding! Good job seeder.

I've never before seen such a spider.

The "face" image on it's pivoting back whatever intrigues me. Amazing.

• Like 1

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I'm sure Miss Spider was very impressed with his dance! lol

...I wonder why it's always the male of all species that need a display to attract the females?

• Like 3

I never imagined there being anything that beautiful in the spider world ! Thanks.

• Like 1

SHAKE THAT THANG! Okay, it's beautifully colored. And maybe even cute. But I still don't like spiders.

• Like 2