Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Evidence do I Need?

zoser

Here's the thing though - "Mundane explanations" is the same as trying to claim nothing is happening. Come on - if you stand back and look at the evidence (Literally tons of physical evidence from trace readings to actual physical objects) and combine it with the Google sized set of photos and videos and then add in the hundreds of hours of radar returns and the incredible sameness of the eyewitness reports that all point to something other than mundane experiences... trying to explain it away as mundane things becomes also laughable.

erm, what hundreds of hours of radar reports...precisely please?

and see this

A secret study of UFOs was undertaken for the UK's Ministry of Defence (MoD) between 1996 and 2000 and was code-named Project Condign. The resulting report, titled "Unidentified Aerial Phenomena in the UK Defence Region", was publicly released in 2006.

The report confirmed earlier findings that the main causes of UFO sightings are misidentification of man-made and natural objects.

The report noted: "No artefacts of unknown or unexplained origin have been reported or handed to the UK authorities, despite thousands of Unidentified Aerial Phenomena reports. There are no SIGINT, ELINT or radiation measurements and little useful video or still IMINT." It concluded: "There is no evidence that any UAP, seen in the UKADR [uK Air Defence Region], are incursions by air-objects of any intelligent (extraterrestrial or foreign) origin, or that they represent any hostile intent." A little-discussed conclusion of the report was that novel meteorological plasma phenomenon akin to Ball Lightning are responsible for "the majority, if not all" of otherwise inexplicable sightings, especially reports of Black Triangle UFOs.[75]

http://en.wikipedia....#United_Kingdom

Radar

The position of the radar echoes depend heavily on the standard decrease of temperature hypothesis. However, the real atmosphere can vary greatly from the norm. Anomalous Propagation (AP) refers to false radar echoes usually observed when calm, stable atmospheric conditions, often associated with super refraction in a temperature inversion, direct the radar beam toward the ground. The processing program will then wrongly place the return echoes at the height and distance it would have been in normal conditions.[3]

This type of false return is relatively easy to spot on a time loop if it is due to night cooling or marine inversion as one sees very strong echoes developing over an area, spreading in size laterally, not moving but varying greatly in intensity with time. After sunrise, the inversion disappears gradually and the area diminishes correspondingly. Inversion of temperature exists too ahead of warm fronts, and around thunderstorms' cold pool. Since precipitation exists in those circumstances, the abnormal propagation echoes are then mixed with real rain and/or targets of interest, which make them more difficult to separate.

Anomalous Propagation is different from ground clutter, ocean reflections (sea clutter), biological returns from birds and insects, debris, chaff, sand storms, volcanic eruption plumes, and other non-precipitation meteorological phenomena. Ground and sea clutters are permanent reflection from fixed areas on the surface with stable reflective characteristics. Biological scatterer gives weak echoes over a large surface. These can vary in size with time but not much in intensity. Debris and chaff are transient and move in height with time. They are all indicating something actually there and either relevant to the radar operator and/or readily explicable and theoretically able to be reproduced. AP in the sense of radar is colloquially known as "garbish" and ground clutter as "rubbage".

http://en.wikipedia....opagation#Radar

Edited by seeder

Here's the thing though - "Mundane explanations" is the same as trying to claim nothing is happening. Come on - if you stand back and look at the evidence (Literally tons of physical evidence from trace readings to actual physical objects) and combine it with the Google sized set of photos and videos and then add in the hundreds of hours of radar returns and the incredible sameness of the eyewitness reports that all point to something other than mundane experiences... trying to explain it away as mundane things becomes also laughable.

Not as long as mundane explanations exist that fit. If they don't actually explain any particular event that might be laughable

Heres a Zoser moment, just for fun I will adhd. "What evidence do I need you ask? Well for many things as in the past I need no actual proof,nor physical evidence of any sort. To Top that Off My 80 year old Cat mommy says that All things Green and Spookie are Aliens ! THis I know for a Fact "

THis has Been another Zoser Moment !

• Like 2

I posted a topic just like this asking what evidence would people consider enough to say aliens have been here or visited, all I got where personal attacks and jokes. It seems that some can't have an adult conversation without resorting to that. That's the reason I rarely come to the E.T. side of the forum.

What I would consider evidence would be NASA saying that aliens exist, it being on news stations. Also seeing it with my own eyes. I know the brain can fool you but I still think that would be cool to actually see it.

It is a shame and I did voice my concerns openly to the moderators a short while ago.

It's a little fascist in nature too.

Do you really need NASA to tell you that they exist? I know others have said the same thing; that it would have to come from the authorities down. Do you really have that much faith in NASA to make such an admission?

What's the right answer Zoser? Apparently every answer that people gives here it's pretty much replied in the same way by you.

We got that you don't believe in Nasa or anything related with the government, because apparently, according to you, they have been hiding this whole ET thing the whole time.

So Zoser, if Nasa which is probably the highest authority in spatial stuff is not enough to convince you, who is?

Edited by MrBene
  • Like 3

What's the right answer Zoser? Apparently every answer that people gives here it's pretty much replied in the same way by you.

We got that you don't believe in Nasa or anything related with the government, because apparently, according to you, they have been hiding this whole ET thing the whole time.

So Zoser, if Nasa which is probably the highest authority in spatial stuff is not enough to convince you, who is?

The Ancient Aliens show, on the History Channel :tu:

• Like 1

Someone with as little as a good story apparently.

This guy.

ancient-aliens.jpg

• Like 2

This guy.

ancient-aliens.jpg

I've never seen that picture before. Good original response there Hazz. Just like we have all come to expect from you.

I don't need science to convince me that the earth is round. I don't need a priest to tell me that God exists.

I guess some need the stamp of approval more than others.

Edit to add:

Why do you think Governments drip feed the people with snippets of sanitised information? Remember the video 'Duck and Cover' or 'protect and survive' for example?

Don't you think they are highly patronising?

Maybe you like a priest referring to you as 'his sheep'?

Pretty much says it all really.

Better to think for yourself?

Edited by zoser

I've never seen that picture before. Good original response there Hazz. Just like we have all come to expect from you.

Its not my fault, its just that you are so easy to make fun of, with your silly claims and woo woo theories.

One can actually say that you did it to yourself. :D

Its not my fault, its just that you are so easy to make fun of, with your silly claims and woo woo theories.

One can actually say that you did it to yourself. :D

It works the other way remember? Not one of your theories has ever stood up to the test of scrutiny have they?

I don't need to post derisory images to make my point either.

• Like 1

Not one of your theories has ever stood up to the test of scrutiny have they?

and NONE of yours have ever stood either, have they? All have been easily debunked and demolished rapidly :tu:

• Like 1

It is a shame and I did voice my concerns openly to the moderators a short while ago.

It's a little fascist in nature too.

Do you really need NASA to tell you that they exist? I know others have said the same thing; that it would have to come from the authorities down. Do you really have that much faith in NASA to make such an admission?

Having NASA saying it doesn't hurt anything, I mean NASA are the people that have the info on everything space, I dont have faith in them I just think that If there was information on alien life them holding the position they do should inform the public.

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x

I don't need science to convince me that the earth is round.

But you DO need science to tell you that, in truth... "The actual shape of the Earth is an oblate spheroid – a sphere with a bulge around the equator.

• Like 1

It works the other way remember? Not one of your theories has ever stood up to the test of scrutiny have they?

Your "test of scrutiny" is that anything not agreeing with you is patently false. That's it. And that's why you're one of the biggest jokes on UM.

and NONE of yours have ever stood either, have they? All have been easily debunked and demolished rapidly :tu:

Sorry to disagree, Seeder old bud, but all of his have passed his "test of scrutiny." Nothing else can possibly do so since nothing else can fit his world.

• Like 1

I don't need a priest to tell me that God exists.

I wetted my pants laughing.

• Like 2

Whether you are a full believer, on the fence, or skeptical about ET UFO's and visitations, this is an opportunity for users to say what they feel would constitute a convincing case.

what is an et ufo? identified alien craft? or unidentified aerial phenomenon / unidentified whatever presumed to have originated from an off-world source i.e. presuming something unidentified is a craft from outer-space? btw, what about the semi-aquatic inter-dimensional flying octopi?

• Like 5

what is an et ufo? identified alien craft? or unidentified aerial phenomenon / unidentified whatever presumed to have originated from an off-world source i.e. presuming something unidentified is a craft from outer-space? btw, what about the semi-aquatic inter-dimensional flying octopi?

Indeed, what has ever been presented that can only be extraterrestrial with no other possible explanation (even unknown or little known explanations)? I can wrap my head around ET visitation as a possibility, and even support such if the evidence is convincing enough however ET visitation has never, not once, passed the bar that would establish it as a fact.

BTW good to see you around again mcrom. :tu:

Edited by Slave2Fate
  • Like 1

Sounds like a category all it's own

Indeed, what has ever been presented that can only be extraterrestrial with no other possible explanation (even unknown or little known explanations)? I can wrap my head around ET visitation as a possibility, and even support such if the evidence is convincing enough however ET visitation has never, not once, passed the bar that would establish it as a fact.

BTW good to see you around again mcrom. :tu:

indeed s2f, unfortunately the evidence required for qualifying the eth is on loose strings and is nowhere to be seen touching the necessary standards... unfortunately some folks believe that they can establish their own facts, meh... good to see you too mate... cheers :tu:

• Like 1

Most UFOlogist dont make it past to many Bars from what I read. Remember Arthur Dent and Ford Prefect always started in the Bar`s. But dont forget your Blanket and peanuts, And Guide ! :tu:

• Like 2

Just to clarify something; never will I believe in any old rubbish. I do see myself as more open minded than most here. That is; neutral awaiting further evidence while most take an immediate position of skepticism. That to me is just bias.

The other thing is that I have about 10% faith in NASA, the Governments and the Scientific community compared to you guys. I think they are full of corruption and they serve their own interests not the interests of the people as a priority.

So I wouldn't put my faith in them personally. I prefer to make may own decisions, decide myself what to believe and work things out for myself. I have the faculties to do so after all. I don't believe they have the criteria you see.

Where as I have about 10% faith in any one that says they were abducted.. saw a ufo.. yadda yadda yadda..

mainly because the whole UFO craze is a good cash cow.. do a good story.. and you can get a movie made about it.. go to seminars and tell everyone how the aliens probed your butt.. fame.. some get a small fortune.. the good story tellers.. have people following what you say with baited breath.. the world is full of gullible people.. and the UFO crowd.. is one of the biggest..

• Like 3

I don't need science to convince me that the earth is round. I don't need a priest to tell me that God exists.

nope.. you dont.. because they taught you that at school.. based on theories and exercises from the ancient greeks in regards to the round earth.. ie.. very early science principles :D

and at a guess.. the whole god exists came from your family (like most of us) when we were kids.. taught to them from probably a priest..

• Like 3