Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I'm Looking for North American Cryptids

Turtleguy

I am writing a book about North American Folklore and finding ghost stories is easy but finding cryptids no as easy. I am including stories from all 50 states and these are the only cryptids I can think of, Bigfoot and his kin, goatman, mothman, chupacabra, and a Champ which I am no geography expert but I think lake Champlain is also in the US, if not then I am out a lake monster. Can anyone think of any other well known or slightly known cryptids in the US? Also I need to know which state the cryptid is from, I can do the research on my own, all I need is the cryptid.

Look up the Michigan Dogman.

I am writing a book about North American Folklore and finding ghost stories is easy but finding cryptids no as easy. I am including stories from all 50 states and these are the only cryptids I can think of, Bigfoot and his kin, goatman, mothman, chupacabra, and a Champ which I am no geography expert but I think lake Champlain is also in the US, if not then I am out a lake monster. Can anyone think of any other well known or slightly known cryptids in the US? Also I need to know which state the cryptid is from, I can do the research on my own, all I need is the cryptid.

Have you tried looking here Your State's Weirdest Unexplained Phenomenon
  • Like 1

THeres always the Jersey Devil

And, here in west virginia theres the Flatwoods Mosnter.

And batboy....always batboy

I cant remember alot of the other ones ill ask some of the old folks and see what others there are.

But I want a mention on the thank you page that moves people to tears

I remember, in my youth, hearing about an old native American legend about Tacwache (not sure about the spelling) a giant bird. Not sure about the state though

• Like 1

I remember, in my youth, hearing about an old native American legend about Tacwache (not sure about the spelling) a giant bird. Not sure about the state though

Perhaps Texas? Remeber reading about what they call a "Thunderbird" basically a modern day Pterodactyl, also had read another claiming it was more like a giant crow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbird_%28cryptozoology%29

Edited by Mythical Legend

Maryland has: Chessie the Chesapeake Bay monster, the Snallygaster & the Dwayyo, Goatman, and Black Aggie.

Chessie:

chessie-chesapeake-bay-serpent2.jpg

Black Aggie:

agnus1.JPG

• Like 1

Maryland has: Chessie the Chesapeake Bay monster, the Snallygaster & the Dwayyo, Goatman, and Black Aggie.

Is Aggie that statue that if you sleep under you die? And as for Maryland I was planning on using the Goatman but I am going to have to look up these others, they sound interesting too.