Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is science hiding from us?

BeyondTheDark

so it seems as if science has an answer for everything these days. The possible thought of what if comes to mind..right? like, {What if Scientists are secretly against the civilians}..well, they do create cures,have logical explanations for a majority of things, ECT. but.....WAIT, Science must have a plan for future creations...key word.."future". look at all of the UFO sightings that have been surfacing lately. look at all of the accusations of extraterrestrials being held at Area 51. so the question is...WHAT IS SCIENCE HIDING FROM US?

Actually in my opinion science has no answer to the really deep questions, and not even a clue on how it might proceed. Science is just organized, institutionalized knowledge of physical phenomena.

• Like 5

Actually in my opinion science has no answer to the really deep questions, and not even a clue on how it might proceed. Science is just organized, institutionalized knowledge of physical phenomena.

And, of course very valuable for the contribution - but I agree, it has none of the deep answers we crave. Maybe someday but certainly not yet.
  • Like 1

And, of course very valuable for the contribution - but I agree, it has none of the deep answers we crave. Maybe someday but certainly not yet.

That's the beauty of science. It's ever changing and evolving as we learn, invent and discover new things.

I don't think scientific ventures hide anything from the eye, but I think as a species, we have a choice to go different ways in evolving, and we have chosen to take the scientific route. Who knows where we may have been spiritually if we had decided to work as hard to now on consciousness as we did on measuring the physical.

so it seems as if science has an answer for everything these days. The possible thought of what if comes to mind..right? like, {What if Scientists are secretly against the civilians}..well, they do create cures,have logical explanations for a majority of things, ECT. but.....WAIT, Science must have a plan for future creations...key word.."future". look at all of the UFO sightings that have been surfacing lately. look at all of the accusations of extraterrestrials being held at Area 51. so the question is...WHAT IS SCIENCE HIDING FROM US?

It seems you don't know what science is. The scientific method is a big part which you have seemed to left out. Edited by Rlyeh

What is your question again? You mention the "possible thought of what if Scientists are secretly against the civilians...for 'future creations'"? After that you speculate more about UFO sightings and Area 51.

I think that your 'train of thought' may have derailed a little while ago.

Is this thread about nothing more than speculating, "the possible thought of 'what if'"? If that's the case, I don't see how in any way that this is a 'conspiracy'. It's nothing more than a fancied notion. Sorry. :(

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

I don't think "science," as an entity, exists. It is a conventional way of referring to the knowledge of the physical world we have accumulated and the ongoing activity of finding out more. If anyone is keeping secrets, it is not "science," but governments and companies and sometimes individual scientists, and actually it is very hard for even these to keep scientific secrets for very long since others usually make the same discoveries.

• Like 1

If you're so concerned, then go get a science degree and get in on the action.

• Like 3

Why does this make me think of Lem and Phil from "Better off Ted?"

• Like 1

I don't think scientific ventures hide anything from the eye, but I think as a species, we have a choice to go different ways in evolving, and we have chosen to take the scientific route. Who knows where we may have been spiritually if we had decided to work as hard to now on consciousness as we did on measuring the physical.

"Before enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment chop wood, carry water" -Zen proverb

Spiritual 'evolution' if you want to call it that is not mutually exclusive from science. Science is a method to allow us to understand the physical world, and when applied allows us to alleviate much suffering. Science if anything gives us greater opportunity to evolve spiritually. By giving us more 'free time' with which we could choose to meditate, reflect, and grow spiritually. Pretty hard to 'evolve' spiritually when all your time is spent toiling in the dirt just to survive. Science has giving us machines and medicine that in theory should allow many more people to pursue spiritual growth. Sadly most people choose to use that time to watch TV or otherwise not progress. But the age of science is still in its infancy. I have hope.

I'm one of the people behind science. Specifically Physical Anthropology. I study where we came from and our ancestors.

Then I lie to you about it!! :devil:

I am also one of the people behind science. Specifically virology, immunology, and molecular biology. Why would I lie to anyone about anything?

• Like 2

I am also one of the people behind science. Specifically virology, immunology, and molecular biology. Why would I lie to anyone about anything?

Because we are evil, evil people, my friend. And our only goal is to trick the public into thinking... well, into not thinking, it would seem.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 2

Why does this make me think of Lem and Phil from "Better off Ted?"

That show was great. Must be why it was cancelled.

• Like 2

Uh, because you're a paid off government shill with a huge off shore bank account that takes time out every day to address discussion forums?

I'm sorry, I was just playing dumb there. :)

In all seriousness, I'm actually afraid of what the internet has become. Some say it's the "democratization of information". I think that it's become more like the spread of misinformation that answers to no one. If you get the most hits and links, the search engines will put you at the top of the list. The conspiracy theory or alternate religion websites know that, and thrive off it.

Click on "David Icke" or "Scientology". You'll have to scan through 10 or so pages before you reach so much as a 'discouraging word'.

• Like 3

Well, I think the idea was that knowledge is power, and therefore worth hiding to keep an upper hand to those who have a little nefarious in 'em among us. Given the thread section, I think that's what he's getting at.

Edited by _Only

Well, I think the idea was that knowledge is power, and therefore worth hiding to keep an upper hand to those who have a little nefarious in 'em among us. Given the thread section, I think that's what he's getting at.

Expect that knowledge is available to all. Most just seem to ignore it.

That show was great. Must be why it was cancelled.

i'm not a scientist, and therefore not hiding anything from anyone, but better off ted was a great show.

and that's a scientific fact.

"oh god, lem, you're using science for no good. we took an oath we would try to do that less."

• Like 1

Click on "David Icke" or "Scientology". You'll have to scan through 10 or so pages before you reach so much as a 'discouraging word'.

Yeah, but Icke and Scientology are far, far better known for being ridiculous, than for being accurate. This shows that mass spreading of information doesn't necessarily give it any more credibility, and shows that people are fit to take in masses of information and sift through what they feel is correct or not, using many resources. I think the overkill spreading of information/false information is actually helpful in pushing people to start to have to decided, using logic and critical thinking, what they feel is right and/or true. And you better believe there will be some a**hole online to tell you how wrong you are, which will just lead to more critical thinking from both sides.

Actually, the converse of what you fear is what I think is actually coming true. So much information and ideas are being tossed about on the internet now, that people are becoming jaded, and not believing anything any more, even if it might be true. The internet user's battlecries "photoshop" and "fake and g**". I ain't scared of people being taken over by information. Bring it on.

Expect that knowledge is available to all. Most just seem to ignore it.

Yeah, but read the OP again. He's imagining secret scientific ventures by those in high places; not what is common knowledge and in books at the library.

i'm not a scientist, and therefore not hiding anything from anyone, but better off ted was a great show.

and that's a scientific fact.

"oh god, lem, you're using science for no good. we took an oath we would try to do that less."

"Ted, we need your help."

"We were working really hard in the lab..."

"And we had this pinata..."

"Pinata? That doesn't sound like really hard work."

"It was stuffed with science."

• Like 2