Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
OnixMoon35

Empathy and Pathokinesis

33 posts in this topic

Heru

I "read " people not on purpose too and I don't know how to stop doing it either....its kinda freaky and annoying to me and I really hate felling others emonitions sometimes they are so extreme.

Just close off your heart. Jesus (wasn't in the bible you probably own) said look with your heart but do not put your heart in what you look into. But that advise only works if you wanna still do it and not f it up. If you don't want the extra info just ignore it and like most people you'll stop noticing it. Our minds block out allot of stimuli that it deems as unimportant.

I only use it for finding remotes and putting my son to sleep. Other than that its just like seeing further or hearing better. Its just noise most people block out.

White Crane Feather

I never really considered my particular sensitivities empathic. I had to be pulled kicking and screaming ( literally in some cases) into the psychic phenomenon world, despite my fantastic experiences... In fact it had to be that dramatic to or else I probably would have never have gotten there.

I find that my trips into the wilderness are an unconsciously developed cleansing and grounding practice. I never understood the pressure that builds up in me as an empathic response until recently. In years passed it was the source of great internal struggles because I did not know what was wrong with me. I tried to drown it with alcohol originally but found my way out of that. Just recently It got so bad, I had to close my business, and literally ran straight to the lake, dove in and washed/grounded myself. I felt better imeadiatly. Being able to recognize these internal pressures as empathic responses is a godsend. It is difficult at times, but having some sort of a label to it makes it easier to cope with, and I can schedule the proper meditations and escapes as a matter of health not just reaction.

Edited by White Crane Feather

SSilhouette

I'm no psychologist. But growing up, I always assumed I felt 'love' because some people were important to me. But later began to learn it just was something I literally was unable to feel. Sometimes I 'needed' someone, so to me, that was love. I was always different, and liked to go my own way- still do- but was a very smooth talker and always had lots of 'friends'. I like to look at things my own way, so to me- the change is that I used to affect people and the way they feel through talk and circumstance, but now I do through my heart. And I hate to say it, but used to like when others were in pain. You would never have known, because I was good at pretending.

But after what happened to me, it's not just that I COULD feel for others- I just DID. I don't think I really have the words for that, at the moment. I just feel deeply what others do, and what I feel, I can sort of move into them, as we converse, etc. I just feel it, as a process. Feeling what others are going through has eventually led to my whole outlook on life, now and filled me with something that was missing for too long.

And yes when I got back my health, since then, people know that I am very different than before. But I went through alot of things back then. The only immediate awakening I had was that I could feel for others very deeply. Over time I began to be able to tell when something was happening elsewhere, or just bump into someone and know what's going on with them. But it comes in feeling. Not words. I believe those abilities are directly associated with compassion and empathy, somehow. So they would be INDIRECTLY from the N.D.E. People come to me for advice alot, and it's just a given that I have an understanding that's just beyond the norm. I don't like to try to label it, though.

I've been awake for quite a while, so I hope that doesn't read like mumbling gibberish, by the time I wake up and read it back over. LOL

I've read few posts that have held my interest so much as this one. You went from a, what sounds like, narcissistic personality disorder to a human being. Maybe I'm joining this conversation late but I'd like to hear more about the specifics of what enlightened you to not want to cause others or "enjoy" others' pain....and to no longer consider them extensions of your personal playthings?

Thank you for your honesty. This was achieved through a near death experience? What happened? Who did you meet and talk to if anyone "over there"?

I know about a half dozen full blown malignant narcissists [one of them is my mother] and the most frustrating thing about NPD is that they are certain their way is the only normal thing. It's a perspective disease. Literally a thousand wild elephants could not budge them a millimeter towards compassion or consideration for another. And as you said on the previous page [just read it] the only time they feel down or bad is when their manipulations and using doesn't go right for them. They enjoy when people they affect experience pain as a result. It's amusing to them. No hard feelings. It just is that way.

For you to have changed that perspective is nothing short of one of the rarest miracles I've heard of to date. They are nearly 100% incurable. I'd like to know more details.

• Like 1

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

In some ways a clairsentient is like a psychic sponge because they literally soak up everything around them in the environment. It is possible for them to sense people's health challenges also and this can be a very heavy burden. There is a great deal of the empath in most claisentients and they often need to take more steps in order to protect and ground themselves than other psychics.

For some reason didn't see this until now. I agree with the statement and it sums up what i experience pretty well which pretty much covers psychic, physical and emotional empathy. Maybe we should be calling it clairsentience if it's more than just emotional empathy.

SS/Awaken

I have been thinking about this - the problem is i have known some strong "psychic empaths" who most probably presented with NPD and they knew when they caused pain to others and enjoyed it or needed to for control, going as far as putting people in hospital. Being empathetic or psychic does not automatically mean a person is aligned to being compassionate or good. Because lay people think of the word empathy as meaning to empathise or sympathise, and think empaths in the spiritual sense are just an extension of that. It is not. Empathy does not necessary mean compassion. We are talking about about an empathy which grants a person the ability to sense, heal or destroy, be manipulated and manipulate on the emotional energetic level. Like a radio bandwidth some people can be both receivers and transmitters. The perspective, the alignment and the filter upon perceptions to life, is the important thing, and makes all the difference to who you really are motive wise.

Or put another way, it is your motive and intention that other 'aware' beings will read of you first and what foremost matters, and which you need to learn to read of others, be it human, spirit or non corporeal. At this level beings are done with the masks and projections of ego, the motives and intentions level can not be faked and is the common currency of language on all levels.

Awaken must you must have experienced something more profound than just the "on switch" of abilities, but your whole alignment shifted.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

SSilhouette

Empathy does not necessary mean compassion. We are talking about about an empathy which grants a person the ability to sense, heal or destroy, be manipulated and manipulate on the emotional energetic level. Like a radio bandwidth some people can be both receivers and transmitters.

I fully agree. Two of the half dozen narcissists I know are extremely gifted psychically. Instead of using their gifts to help people or just to be benign and witness things, they use their "powers" to find the most exquisite way to hurt people at the deepest psychological levels.

I am just very curious about Awaken's transformation. If he is successful, it isn't an exaggeration to say that if he could somehow teach a method to achieve his profound switch in perspective, he could be the next Nobel prize winner. The problem of NPD is so insidious and widespread enought to be the root of much of the evil we see around us today. They always find their way into positions of power over others. And these systems, run by apaths reach all corners of the globe in a not nice way.

Edited by SSilhouette
  • Like 1

John from Lowell

Hello,

My experience with these things are that we are in another energetic reality. There was a shift on 12-21-2012 which marked a point in human history where the old ways of being will not be supported the way that they were in the past. What has been will be no more and what we see at this time is the last gasps of a failed consciousness.

Spirit which represents our universal mind will work very slow with these transformations. My understanding is that those of us who "shine light" will never need protection of any kind. That is the big difference as it relates to this topic of conversation. Light transforms darkness. It is not the other way around.

I do hope that many of us will come to this understanding so that we can all become more effective.

John

• Like 2

DeaDree

Empathy is connected to the energetic senses. There are five physical senses those being - Sight, Sound, Taste, Touch and Scent. Now if you add in the sixth sense which is Intuition there are six recogized senses. Those six senses are merely half of your senses however, in actuality there is another set of six senses, which can be called psychic-senses or energetic-senses. You have psychic-sight, psychic-sound, psychic-taste, psychic-touch, psychic-scent, and psychic-knowledge. These can also be called All-Seeing, All-Hearing, All-Tasting, All-Touching, All-Smelling and All-Knowing. All living creatures have energetic senses, humans included. The majority of humankind never recognize these senses, and the minority which do recognize them have a tendency to classify all information received through these senses simply as intuition. So to answer the question of where empathic abilities come from, those individuals which are sensitive to their own subconscious intelligence can gain access to the information gathered by these subconscious senses. To answer the question of why they only work sometimes for certain individuals, the subconscious mind prefers a relaxed state of mind, so those who are meditating have much higher success rates. However the subconscious mind is always working, your just not always attuned to it. On the other hand the subconscious mind considers your survival more important than your state of mind, therefore many individuals who have never before tuned in to their subconscious mind find themselves doing just that in life--threatening situations. In conclusion, empathy is simply advanced feeling. All humans feel, all humans have emotions and thoughts connected to such feelings. Some humans have the same physical feelings but also are in tune with their energetic feelings which once again include emotions and thoughts. This allows one to feel not just personal feelings but also the feelings of those around you. So to answer the question of is it okay or not okay to use your empathy to make others feel better, consider it this way, is it okay to smile at someone who is sad? Is it okay or not okay to sense the feelings of others? Once again is it okay to look at a persons body language and recognize what kind of a mood they are in? As with your physical senses your energetic senses are always going to be working, is it bad for you to smell someones perfume as they walk past? Can you avoid hearing a conversation taking place right beside you? The line an empath must define is when it is okay to mention something and when it is not. It is perfectlyy acceptable to notice things, it is perfectly acceptable to use any means to cheer up a friend - I truly doubt they would mind. If it is acceptable to collect trash someone else threw on the ground and throw it out, why would it be wrong to sweep away negativity and replace it with positivity? Making the world a better place by doing kind deeds is the job of one and all. If you can make someone feel better, then you should.

• Like 1

wanderingprophet

Onix this sounds like Reiki, and if the intention is to help then its a good thing! :)