Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Water as old as the Moon

Big Bad Voodoo

New Evidence Of Water Below The Moon’s Surface

Scientists writing in the journal Nature Geoscience say they have found potential evidence of water below the surface of our Moon. NASA-funded researchers, using data from the space agency’s Moon Mineralogy Mapper (M3) instrument aboard the Indian Space Research Organization’s Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft, have detected magmatic water, or water that originates from deep within the lunar interior.

This is the first time scientists have detected this form of water from lunar orbit, however, earlier studies have pointed to the existence of magmatic water in lunar samples returned during the Apollo program.

http://www.redorbit.com/news/space/1112932797/new-evidence-water-below-surface-of-moon-082713/

• Like 3

Can't you just see an astronaut on the moon with a dousing rod in his hand!

• Like 2

I'm picturing Nestle's tapping that water and selling it to earthlings as "spring water."

• Like 1

I think it will be a bit difficult to separate magmatic water from magma before you can make coffee or before the 'lovely' Nestle CEO says it should be labelled!

lol

• Like 2

Good!

I don't know much about astronomy, but if the moon did come from the earth(resulting from a massive impact), I suppose that water could be one of the constituents.

I posted a topic about China going to the Moon by the end of the year.

I'm hoping they can investigate this evidence.

• Like 1