Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Footprints UFO engraving

Belial

Ancient footprints on a rock and a nearby engraving of a mysterious flying object are causing a stir in a small Indian village.

According to the Epoch Times, Geologist Nitish Priyadarshi is studying the large footprints in Piska Nagri village, on the outskirts of Ranchi City in Jharkahnd State.

The footprints, which are 30cm long and 12cm wide, look like they were worn by someone in wooden sandals.

SORRY IF THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN POSTED.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/world/18672523/footprints-ufo-engraving-discovered/

• Like 1

Ancient footprints on a rock and a nearby engraving of a mysterious flying object are causing a stir in a small Indian village.

According to the Epoch Times, Geologist Nitish Priyadarshi is studying the large footprints in Piska Nagri village, on the outskirts of Ranchi City in Jharkahnd State.

The footprints, which are 30cm long and 12cm wide, look like they were worn by someone in wooden sandals.

SORRY IF THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN POSTED.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/world/18672523/footprints-ufo-engraving-discovered/

saw this story the other night, heres a closer pic of the alleged ufo also carved in rock

Foot-print-original-print1-671x450.jpg

Now how anyone calls that a UFO is beyond me

quote:

There have been many discoveries of ancient footprints around the world. Many of them are thousands of years old and are both natural (left by ancient inhabitants) and carved, denoting some meaning.

The Romans carved footprints before a journey as protective rites. Footprints were carved upon leaving for a journey and as thanksgiving for a safe return. In Ireland and northern Europe, rock footprints were closely associated with kingship or chieftainship.

more

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/262698-india-footprints-in-rock-evidence-of-ancient-people-from-sky/

• Like 4

Thanks Seeder that was better than the original report. (I was kind of liking the idea about sky gods though)

• Like 5

The "flying object" looks sort of like something with wings.

• Like 1

The "flying object" looks like an angel.

• Like 4

The "flying object" looks like an angel.

I did a quick look up on ancient Indian symbols, and it looks like many other things too

• Like 1

Yes, it does look similar to some of their ancient symbols, but to me it looks like the angels we used to draw as children. Round head, two wings, and a bell-shaped body if you look closely at the picture, though some of it looks like it has been worn off. I guess it's a matter of perception.

• Like 1

Granite is an Igneous rock, and no sandals would survive even close proximity to it whilst cooling down. Therefore these "imprints" are clearly a later sculpturing by the indiginous population. IMO

• Like 1

Yes, it does look similar to some of their ancient symbols, but to me it looks like the angels we used to draw as children. Round head, two wings, and a bell-shaped body if you look closely at the picture, though some of it looks like it has been worn off. I guess it's a matter of perception.

Perception indeed, I dont know for sure but I assume the Indians dont have the biblical angels, and the form they took, as in Christianity?

Hmmm, those "footprints" kind of reminds me of 60's cartoon characters: Extra credit if you can name them!

Herculoides5%5B1%5D.jpg

Everyone has an opinion but not everyone can back it up with facts

And this means what in the general flow of things? Do you have facts to offer?

Hmmm, those "footprints" kind of reminds me of 60's cartoon characters: Extra credit if you can name them!

Herculoides5%5B1%5D.jpg

Weeelll ... they kinda look a little like shmoos. (sp?)

• Like 1

This is the stuff that is killing UFOology!!

People posting stupid azz crap like this,... and then you cry and whine and boo boo - Why dont science take us seriously!!??

crybaby.jpg

Threads like this - Thats why!!

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 1

Everyone has an opinion but not everyone can back it up with facts

eh?

This is the stuff that is killing UFOology!!

People posting stupid azz crap like this,... and then you cry and whine and boo boo - Why dont science take us seriously!!??

Thus far, the general trend of the thread has been away from the AA theory et al. In fact, the OP does mention them being carved and not actual footprints as well as the concept of legend. We both know legend isn't fact or even close to it. Unfortunately, we both also know the woo-woo crowd will latch onto this and add to the "massive evidence base" of AA. Where's Zoser when we could use a good laugh?

• Like 3

It is interesting that someone took a great deal of time to cut footprints into stone. Could be simply something akin to people who now put footprint decals in the back of their vehicle windows indicating family/siblings. But, humans have a innate bent to the spiritual, so I would be inclined to agree with the caption positing local deities.

Gloop and Gleek! I loved the Herculoids!

Close! Gloop and Gleep. I thought I was the only one old enough to remember this, lol!

The "flying object" looks sort of like something with wings.

"looks like something" is as good as nothing. This is what the ancient aliens series is built upon, speculation.

Edited by AlienDan

Not ancient astronauts again. Love this crap. "Why are there architectural similarities in many ancient civilizations scatter across the globe. There has to be a common source for all these concepts that appear over and over again." Then they pull ancient astronauts out of their backsides. Well, there is a common source: human beings were at every location, using human technology, human geometry, and human minds and concepts to build what they built. Of course they are similar.

name='Codemonger' timestamp='1377824847' post='4898642']

That object looks oddly like the shape of an angel,

[/b]

how does anyone know its actual orientation? Could actually be sideways on too. In fact it looks like the black streaks (outline) continue downwards in the picture, can this mean its a bigger carving but someone just selectively cropped the shot?

Who knows...

• Like 1

Thanks Seeder that was better than the original report.8a4.jpg

Thank YOU for the thanks!! Welcome to UM....

How was there ever a question whether these things were carved? Looked pretty obvious to me