Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weather laser can induce rain and lightning

UM-Bot

Scientists are experimenting with laser pulses that can create clouds and influence the weather.

The sophisticated weather modification technique has been continuing to gain momentum and will be discussed in detail at a meeting of the UN World Meteorological Organization in Geneva next month.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/253645/weather-laser-can-induce-rain-and-lightning

Seems like you wound need a certain moisture level in the atmosphere for this to work. It might help areas that are normally wet but experiencing a drought, but would it work over desert areas? I would assume that the upper atmosphere, like the air closer to the ground, is not uniform and that moisture content varies; you can't squeeze water out of a dry sponge. Also, if you take moisture that normally would fall on one area and cause it to fall elsewhere, then have you not deprived the natural destination of its rain?

Let's hope they also use radar before proceeding, there's already a danger to pilots just with the hand-held LASER pointers.

At least they are at last hinting at what people have been hinting at for years, making rain fall before a weather system passes on to another part of the country. I think that truly is basically stealing rain, Sundew.

Clearly more evidence confirming that Aliens have given us technology!

But, I better not say any more, or I'll get told off for changing topic!

Anyway, it would be awesome if you could just magically create rain clouds. Fresh water is running out, as in, rivers and lakes. Aquifers are full to the brim with water, but, who owns them? That's the ultimate question. Violent actions already happened over water in recent years... I just hope this is somehow going to aid us rather than just be a "We did it cause we could" experiment.

I still feel sorry for Baghdad, used to be a lush and fertile plain, perfect for crops and livestock, then Genghis Khan got p***ed and salted it so much that it's now the dusty and dry place we know today. Not that killing 40 million people is less bad than salting a region into desert...

Isn't that basically HARRP??

Not even close. HAARP is high altitude ionosphere research that has nothing to do with weather.

• Like 1

But it is an advance on cloud seeding, I think.

Its got nothign to do with anythign weather based.

Regardless, thi sis kidn of cool, could use it to help relieve drought areas, or allow areas that have been hit with flooding to not be hit by potential more storms if teh fronts are caught early enough.

Also weaponize it I guess

But it is an advance on cloud seeding, I think.

Not sure if you are referring to HAARP or this laser tech. This tech is most definitely an advance on cloud seeding. HAARP is not at all.

Not even close. HAARP is high altitude ionosphere research that has nothing to do with weather.

Right.

The High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) was an ionospheric research program jointly funded by the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Navy, the University of Alaska, and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA).[1]

Designed and built by BAE Advanced Technologies (BAEAT), its purpose is to analyze the ionosphere and investigate the potential for developing ionospheric enhancement technology for radio communications and surveillance.[2] The HAARP program operates a major sub-arctic facility, named the HAARP Research Station, on an Air Force–owned site near Gakona, Alaska.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program

• Like 1

Are you agreeing with me or is that a sarcastic right? I really can't tell.

I am agreeing with you.

• Like 1

Well if it is true then why they don't they help out the drought states like Texas for one instead of what they can do

It's experimental. I would imagine many years off until improved technology and approved application.

After all, we don't want to cause lightning strikes.

I really don't think we should mess with mother nature,she decides where rain will fall etc because she knows far more than we can imagine let alone learn

I really don't think we should mess with mother nature,she decides where rain will fall etc because she knows far more than we can imagine let alone learn

I would not disagree in a general sense, but with respect to extreme nature(excessive rainfall, draught, hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis, etc..)

it might be in our benefit to develop mitigation.

• Like 1

We've already messed with nature.

The way governments are heading, this could be the next population control device, if they haven't been screwing around with seismic technology already. Sneaky way to get rid of the opponent. Leave nature alone puny humans!

• Like 1

If nature has a problem with us, let it stop us.

I always believe in a get them before they get us mentality