Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Interesting Things I Have Found In Nature

cacoseraph

I hope this is in the right place. For years now I have wandered around in nature and I thought y'all might find at least some of the stuff I have taken pictures of mildly interesting. To make it a bit more fun, I will only post the picture first, then after a while post details and what I think it is. This is not meant to be a cryptid thread, just interesting shaped plants or animals or whatnot. Oh, and for the record, I don't have *that* many interesting pictures like this, despite having taken around 30,000 pictures in my life. Also, I'll number all the pictures for ease of reference.

I'll start off with probably my favorite.

Interesting Picture #1:

whatisit.jpg

• Like 3

A fun little video I shot tonight. I am hoping to make "friends" with the principal in this footage

Interesting Video #1

Edited by cacoseraph
  • Like 1

...To make it a bit more fun, I will only post the picture first, then after a while post details and what I think it is.

So, you don't know what it is even though you were the one who took the picture. Interesting. :)

Okay, my guess is melted wax or plastic.

A fun little video I shot tonight. I am hoping to make "friends" with the principal in this footage

Interesting Video #1

Nice little bat. What kind was it? I've never seen a bat in real life so you're quite lucky to me.

I think I have some pictures I don't know exactly what they are or don't even have a solid idea.

Interesting Picture #1 is heart wood for a large oak tree that got burned down in a wild fire. The holes are most likely from wood boring beetles and their larva. That piece of wood pictured is about 4" across. The tree is mostly burned and decayed and will not last more than 10 more years so an artist buddy and I went to retrieve the Nuit Etoilee out of it... but broke all three saws/blades we brought by the time we got it half way cut. Heartwood is normally harder than the outer, living areas of a tree and sometimes heat treating wood can make it even tougher.

Interesting Video #1 is probably a Myotis species bat. There are five or six in Arizona and they all look fairly similar so I don't know down to species what it is.

Interesting picture #2 (incidentally I took this picture around a mile away from the IP#1)

Filistatidae_vs_Agelenidae_b.jpg

• Like 2

I think I have some pictures I don't know exactly what they are or don't even have a solid idea.

Interesting Picture #1 is heart wood for a large oak tree that got burned down in a wild fire...

Interesting Video #1 is probably a Myotis species bat. There are five or six in Arizona and they all look fairly similar so I don't know down to species what it is.

I see. You have so many photos you don't recall which ones are what.

Wow, heartwood. I would never have guessed wood could look like that. Great photo too, you've really brought out natures beauty.

Good posts. Thank you.

• Like 2

I see. You have so many photos you don't recall which ones are what.

Wow, heartwood. I would never have guessed wood could look like that. Great photo too, you've really brought out natures beauty.

Good posts. Thank you.

Thanks! I like to think that I leave the obvious beauty to other people and try to focus on the strangely wonderful :)

In my life I have taken somewhere between 25,000 and 30,000 pictures and video in around 10 years. Just talking digital stuff I still have. I have kept/posted around 1000-2000 pictures and videos. I definitely don't remember the exact details to every picture or video I have taken. For some of the more interesting stuff, I totally meant to figure it out while the details were fresh but got distracted or forgot or whatever. Plus, I am a fun loving guy, if you know what I am saying =P

• Like 1

hi caccoseraph... i think your photos looks pretty interesting, i want to gather my own photos too and hope to share it but it will require a few days.

hi caccoseraph... i think your photos looks pretty interesting, i want to gather my own photos too and hope to share it but it will require a few days.

Don't give up. I think every person with the least bit of awareness gets to see awesome stuff that other people will be interested in. I am near sighted, never have a nice camera, and don't really get out as much as I would like... yet, over my time "in the field" I have been able to see some wonderful things and even take pictures of some of them :)

• Like 1