Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Earth life 'may have come from Mars'

Waspie_Dwarf

Earth life 'may have come from Mars'

Life may have started on Mars before arriving on Earth, a major scientific conference has heard.

New research supports an idea that the Red Planet was a better place to kick-start biology billions of years ago than the early Earth was.

The evidence is based on how the first molecules necessary for life were assembled.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
  • Like 4

I agree, panspermia is a very intriguing and IMO a likely theory and feel as though some of the heavy opposition towards it is just another part of human vanity and needing to feel that we are "special" somehow.

I have visions of little green men flying around in spaceships throwing rocks at Earth. At any rate, when it comes to seeding Earth, it's as plausible a theory as any, I suppose.

Is there life still on Mars and what other planets in the solar system were seeded by Mars with life.

An even larger possibility is that space is literally teaming with bacteria on comets, asteroids etc, and that life is being seeded and re-seeded all the time.

• Like 3

Makes perfect sense to me apart from the question "didn't god do it?" lol

So, does this argue that a large object or objects collided with Mars and the ejecta of the impact traveled to Earth containing these vital ingredients for life? Could the objects that collided with Mars have contained the ingredients? If so, then perhaps both the Earth and Mars and a number of planets were almost concurrently seeded by a number of objects carrying these essential ingredients, but Earth was the most hospitable.

I've thought this for a long time. I think there is much to discover in regards to the Mars- earth connection.

So, does this argue that a large object or objects collided with Mars and the ejecta of the impact traveled to Earth containing these vital ingredients for life? Could the objects that collided with Mars have contained the ingredients? If so, then perhaps both the Earth and Mars and a number of planets were almost concurrently seeded by a number of objects carrying these essential ingredients, but Earth was the most hospitable.

This makes a lot of sense to me. If it is the case any other planets that were "seeded" may have similar properties to us.

Edited by wallarookiller

Might help the statement if they could prove there is, or ever was life on Mars. Until then it is just guessing for headlines.

I always said "we are the "Martians".

That's some M. Night Shyamalan stuff.

We have met the aliens and they is us? :-)

Seriously, I tend to like highdesert50's idea a bit better but that's only because I'd like to think that panspermia could be more than just a local event. Galactic if not universal - neither provable by any stretch - would fit better ... or it would to me.

Makes sense to me given that the Sun in its early stage, would have had a far more widespread 'Life Zone' than today, making Mars more likely to have been the 'Eden' of Earth.

Should intelligent life have evolved there then it leaves no depth of imagination to propose that 'They' could have brought the life generating 'matter' here....

No surprize here. I knew it every since 20 years ago. It might ave actually arrived under inteligent more modern human form. Might have been an exodus from Mars to here

Edited by qxcontinuum

No surprize here. I knew it every since 20 years ago. It might ave actually arrived under inteligent more modern human form. Might have been an exodus from Mars to here

human form? this is about the first organisms

OH! So would this be reason for Humanity's destructive and war-making nature?

i knew barbra streissand wasnt human!

• Like 1