Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Orbs

paingirl

Yesterday my son and his friend were filming in his room mucking about when they brought me the film to watch I noticed things flying around in the room so I went to have a look there was no dust no moths no breeze my daughter and I checked windows open shut doors there was no explanation there have been lots of noises and things happening in my house but first time anything like this had happen it will not let me upload the film :(

Dust is a lot finer than we realize and only truly see it when a lot of it has collected. Whenever I clean my furniture I can see a fine new dusting mere minutes after I've cleaned. No house is ever truly dust free. So as Sir said, motes of dust is what they captured.

Hi there, welcome to the forums. Do you have a YouTube account you can upload the video to ?

It is worth noting though that 'orbs' in a house will almost always be attributed to dust particles in the air, that is always going to be the single most likely explanation as it is a verifiable, repeatable effect that can be produced in footage or photographs on demand.

• Like 1

I had a conversation with my niece & nephew about orbs (they both see them), and my nephew suggested I visit this site to have a conversation about them; been here ever since. Blame the orbs! I'm in no position to judge someone else's experiences, I can only say that I've seen orbs and moving points of light of all sizes & colors (no cameras involved), so I don't doubt their existence. Don't know what they are, but their presence always cheers me up.

Yesterday my son and his friend were filming in his room mucking about when they brought me the film to watch I noticed things flying around in the room so I went to have a look there was no dust no moths no breeze my daughter and I checked windows open shut doors there was no explanation there have been lots of noises and things happening in my house but first time anything like this had happen it will not let me upload the film :(

There's always dust.

You might be a fastidious cleaner. It mightn't be obvious to your naked eye at a glance. But it's always there.

And all it takes is a couple of specks flying close by the lens to appear as out of focus circular objects, i.e. orbs.

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 3

dust is every where, on clothes, hair (dandruff), from air conditioners to opening the doors.

dust moves around when people, objects, animals, cracked walls/floor boards and even deep in carpets.

granted you claim you saw an orb with out technology but with technology such as cameras and camcorders you can get dust on your camera and it becomes blurred because it is not being focused on and brighted by the flash and inbuilt software.

Edited by Brian Topp

Skin particles are in dust, don't forget Brian. :P

Yeah, I was about to type that but my manager walked in my officer and asked if I was on lunch, when i said yes he just asked me to go do something for him.

• Like 1

Yeah, I was about to type that but my manager walked in my officer and asked if I was on lunch, when i said yes he just asked me to go do something for him.

Damn bosses always get in the way of orbs. :P

• Like 1

oh yeah then explain this [media=]

[/media]

I just watched about 3 minutes of that. What am I expecting to see apart from orbs, orbs, orbs and more orbs? Edited by JesseCuster

How to tell a hit and run poster from the legitimate ones.

1. Lack of detail in the situation. Check

2. Brand new account. Check

3. States paranormal activities. Check

4. Gives excuses why "proof" cannot be shown. Check

5. No response since first post. Check

Looks like we been had.

How to tell a hit and run poster from the legitimate ones.

1. Lack of detail in the situation. Check

2. Brand new account. Check

3. States paranormal activities. Check

4. Gives excuses why "proof" cannot be shown. Check

5. No response since first post. Check

Looks like we been had.

Agreed, i lurked long before i joined and noticed this behavior.

IMO...Orbs are the single most useless "evidence" of paranormal ever. It's just dust people...plain and simple.

Camera sensors are much more sensitive than the human eyes, they catch even the slightest reflections and since they are out of focus they show up as "orbs". In the photography world we refer to these as "bokeh balls". Basically a light source that creates a spherical ball of light due to it being out of focus.