Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Need advise

Shakti700

Hi folks. This is my first time on forum of this topic, cause I don`t belive in paranormal stuff, but... To the point. I`m 35 years old guy who lives in Poland. 9 months ago I bought a house in small town (more like large village) in south western Poland. It was a bargain price, though I had to pump quite a sum of money on restoration. After a month of renovations I moved in with my 7 years old daughter. And immediatly some strange occurences started. At first it was rather annoying than scary, and didn`t ring any bell. Just some noises at night, but my house is located barely 100 meters from forest, and it`s nothing uncomon for wild boars and deers to look for food after dark. Seen them many times myself.

But some six months ago things got a bit more tedious. My daughter started to wake up at nights, crying. She said she was dreaming about burning people. At first I thought she must have seen someting in TV, but it started to be more and more regular - every once in two, three weeks. Than I had that dream too - some burning people, screaming in pain. One night I woke up to toilet, and felt stench of burning meat downstairs, I ran to check if there is fire in the house, but no. Everything was ok. Other night, when I opened my eyes, i saw a red and yellow glow outside the window. When I got up and approached the window, nothing was there.

After that night I decided to do something, as I stopped deluding myself that everything can be explained. I run a research in local archives, and talked to local historian. So, the story goes like this: in WWII, these woods were a hiding place for polish partisans. Their activities had drawn attention of gremans, and they sent a small squad of SS to investigate. Nazis were extremely cruel in their efforts of finding partisans, cruel for locals, who were obviously helping partisans. It is estimated that around 1200 townsmen were executed, sent to deathcamps or tortured to death during interrogations. Finally, partisans caught 12 SS soldiers on their patrol. The executed them, but not just shot in the head - they doused nazis in kerosene and set them on fire... This event took place on the outskirts of the town, so that rest of SS could see this. Namely, less than 50 meters from my house. This was a bulkhead of SS forces, only 6 remained in town, and they departed few days later. Why Germans didn`t send any reinforcements, and why they left this incident without any consequences is unclear. But this is not my concern.

Obviously, when I found that out, I was, well, scared. Nothing bad happened so far, but this might change. Even if nothing else will happen, still those phenomenons are very uncomfortable and unnerving to live with, for me, not to mention my daughter. I can`t sell the house, as I`ve already invested a lot of money in it. Besides it`s a small town, and wont atract any buyer soon (house waited over 3 years for buyer last time).

So, this is it. I need help. I went to a priest, but he didn`t take me seriously. On the other hand I want to avoid lunatics and self proclaimed ghost hunters, as I dont want to scare my girl any more. I`m asking for advice. But guys, please - be serious, I don`t need mockery. This situation has a really bad impact on my and my daughter`s life.

Oh, and excuse my poor english.

• Like 3

Well, if this is a haunting, it sounds like a residual haunting. Just replaying over and over. It's awful that your daughter is picking up on it. Perhaps getting a priest to bless the area if there are restless spirits around would calm things. Search for a priest that WOULD take you seriously.

Edited by MacsMom
  • Like 1

Wow! Your from Poland! Cool. I'm Polish Jew on my father's side. Both of his parent's parents came here from Poland.

Anyway, I agree with Mac's Mom, find a priest who believes you to come bless your house. You can bless or smudge your home yourself. I've burned sage in my home before because it not only smells wonderful, but it helps get rid of bad or negative energy.

Good luck! :)

I also think the surrounding area should be done, as well, since that appears to be the location of the offending atrocity. Perhaps it will put those souls to rest.

• Like 2

Sorry for ignorance, but what the heck is residual haunting? I`m not well versed in those kind of things. I can barely belive that I belive my house is haunted:) Do you think an exorcist is in order? How does one arrange this kind of procedure? Should I write some request to the church? Deacon, bishop?

On the other hand, I can`t stop wondering about two things:

1. Why those partisans were dumb enough to execute SS soldiers in such a manner on plane sight? I skip moral dilemmas, cause they wasted dehumanized sadists that only got what they were asking for, but this was a humongous risk for entire town. They must have known that repercussions will be very harsh.

2. ...and second thing, why there were no repercussions at all? This is everything but nazis modus operandi.

I know I digress, but I`m just trying to focus rather on curiosity, than fear. Truth is, I`m terrified.

• Like 1

Im no expert but you don't need to be afraid.

It is probably just left over energy.

I wouldn't go to an exorcist thought. At least not one from the catholic church, they have strict requirements to allow someone to do an exorcism. At least on people anyways. so they would probably turn you down.

Like I said im no expert.

• Like 2

It's good that you have records to back up what you experienced. I don't know how big the town is,but if there is more than one parish,try another priest. Ask him to bless the house and see if that helps. If he does so then maybe mention your experiences to him. Not all are skeptics about such things. I would just ask first for a house blessing, and then the friendly discussion.Or if there is just the one priest,just ask for a house blessing and see what happens.Or if there are any protestants in the villiage,ask their minister for a blessing and explain the situation. Maybe he will do it.Some of these SS men were catholic,and others lutheran or some other protestant church, so i don't think it matters really which one does it. Do you know if the house was built before or after the event? The smell of burning flesh might be one of these SS men who periodically comes to the house.I say this because it happend fairly close to the house. That also explains the dreams and the red glow. Have you heard anyone in the village ever say the woods were haunted?

Also, did the historian say where the bodies of these men were buried? I assume the bodies were found and given a christian burial,but maybe not.They could have been left for the animals to devour,right where it happend.

Does seem odd the germans didn't seem to do anything about it,but then maybe they didn't care aout these guys.

I never heard of this incident. I have heard about the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazerath who were taken into a forest and shot by the Nazis. They i believe have been declared Venerable or Blessed by the Catholic Church. For those who don't know, they are a polish religious order who teach and nurse,etc.And they have convents in the United States and elsewhere.

The idea of blessing the area around the house and maybe where the actually burning took place is a very good one.

• Like 1

Hello Shakti700,

Welcome to the forum.

To tie into Macsmom and not to dismiss it, depending on your religion/belief you could ask a leader of your faith to just do a new house blessing. You don't need to tell the local minister (using term to encompass all faith) that you feel the home is haunted only that you would like it blessed and the surrounding land too. Or as Kowalski stated you can do it yourself or both for that matter. Macsmom already stated that a residual haunting (in popular thought) is an event that somehow imprints onto an area or object and plays back like a recording. There typically isn't an interactive aspect to a residual haunting only 'the recording'. An active haunting is where there is interaction or the presence appears self aware. Trauma and or violence seem to be the key for a residual haunting.

Your house comes with a very interesting history and it's also great that you've done background history on it. And to continue with the idea of a residual haunting in some respects there isn't anything to be afraid of other than your or your daughter's reaction to it because if it is a residual haunting it's like watching a scary movie.

Oh and rereading, Holly Dolly's post. Maybe you could tell whomever you contact to bless the home that you know the history of the area and would also like a prayer said for the soldiers who died during the war. That way you can tell the truth of the situation without saying that you thing your home might be haunted.

Hope you let us know how things go.

Mabon.

• Like 1

Ok, so:

I`m a Catholic, like 90% of my country`s population. House wasn`t there during WWII, it was merely a clearing, town itself has spread its borders, My house was built in early 70`s previous owners moved somwhere else (north Poland as I`ve heard, after over 30 years of living in there. It`s common in here to build a house for children, and then sell it and relocate to smaller, easier for maintnance apartment in your old days).

Holly Dolly:

The idea of asking protestant minister is brilliant, I should have thought about it before. There is a large calvinist... perish (?? I don`t know what is their administrative name for it) quite nearby, they sell vegetables on the market and all seem quite nice, and are very respected by townsfolk, I will talk to them.

The info about this atrocity wasn`t easy to find out. Locals aren`t very eager to talk to strangers like me, we all want to belive our boys were oh so clean and chivalrious, but war is war and my kinfolks had their hands blood red as anyone else. Anyways, to answer your question, this historian, being a witness of this event (as a 7 years old boy)knows exactly what happened to the corpses of those poor b******* - they were fed to the pigs.

As for your statement that you`ve never heard of this incident - trust me, you`ve never heard of hundreds of such incidents.

Unfortunatelly, the parish is quite large, in the middle of Silesia, so I can`t relay on other parish, as I will probably be turned back to this ignorant priest.

As for Mabon:

So, residual haunting is merely a "static noise" of things gone past? It wont interact with me in any way? So far there was no interaction whatsoever.

I suppose the smartest idea is to ask for blessing without revealing reasons.Prayer for soldiers dead is, I suppose, a good idea. Could help. But i really gotta muster tons of good will. Mabon, you`ve no idea how much hatred SS got in our, polish minds. This imprint is so strong, that I would gladly tear any SS trooper apart with my bear hands, even though I havent seen any on my own eyes.

Next step is contacting Calvin minister and asking for help

Spartan max2, do you have any data of what kind of requirements are needed?

Kowalski, thanx for the link

Edited by Shakti700
  • Like 1

Hello Shakti700,

Welcome to the forum.

To tie into Macsmom and not to dismiss it, depending on your religion/belief you could ask a leader of your faith to just do a new house blessing. You don't need to tell the local minister (using term to encompass all faith) that you feel the home is haunted only that you would like it blessed and the surrounding land too. Or as Kowalski stated you can do it yourself or both for that matter. Macsmom already stated that a residual haunting (in popular thought) is an event that somehow imprints onto an area or object and plays back like a recording. There typically isn't an interactive aspect to a residual haunting only 'the recording'. An active haunting is where there is interaction or the presence appears self aware. Trauma and or violence seem to be the key for a residual haunting.

Your house comes with a very interesting history and it's also great that you've done background history on it. And to continue with the idea of a residual haunting in some respects there isn't anything to be afraid of other than your or your daughter's reaction to it because if it is a residual haunting it's like watching a scary movie.

Oh and rereading, Holly Dolly's post. Maybe you could tell whomever you contact to bless the home that you know the history of the area and would also like a prayer said for the soldiers who died during the war. That way you can tell the truth of the situation without saying that you thing your home might be haunted.

Hope you let us know how things go.

Mabon.

I agree, probably nothing to worry about, it's just the bad residual energy left over.

Your daughter's young so she is probably just more "intuned" as most young children are. It's been in my experience, quite easy to get a priest to say a blessing for your home. As others have suggested, you don't need to get into the whole "my house is haunted" just explain you've explored the history behind your house, and you would feel better about about having your home blessed.

If you can't get a priest to do a blessing, and I have done this myself, and for others, you can get anointing oil, and bless the four walls (north, south, east, west) of your home with it, and say a prayer. Also, after you bless your home, or a priest, I would put up crosses.

I've done smudging before, and I feel it does work. The website I linked to is really good.

Hope everything works out! And keep us updated! :)

• Like 3

Ok, so:

I`m a Catholic, like 90% of my country`s population. House wasn`t there during WWII, it was merely a clearing, town itself has spread its borders, My house was built in early 70`s previous owners moved somwhere else (north Poland as I`ve heard, after over 30 years of living in there. It`s common in here to build a house for children, and then sell it and relocate to smaller, easier for maintnance apartment in your old days).

Holly Dolly:

The idea of asking protestant minister is brilliant, I should have thought about it before. There is a large calvinist... perish (?? I don`t know what is their administrative name for it) quite nearby, they sell vegetables on the market and all seem quite nice, and are very respected by townsfolk, I will talk to them.

The info about this atrocity wasn`t easy to find out. Locals aren`t very eager to talk to strangers like me, we all want to belive our boys were oh so clean and chivalrious, but war is war and my kinfolks had their hands blood red as anyone else. Anyways, to answer your question, this historian, being a witness of this event (as a 7 years old boy)knows exactly what happened to the corpses of those poor b******* - they were fed to the pigs.

As for your statement that you`ve never heard of this incident - trust me, you`ve never heard of hundreds of such incidents.

Unfortunatelly, the parish is quite large, in the middle of Silesia, so I can`t relay on other parish, as I will probably be turned back to this ignorant priest.

As for Mabon:

So, residual haunting is merely a "static noise" of things gone past? It wont interact with me in any way? So far there was no interaction whatsoever.

I suppose the smartest idea is to ask for blessing without revealing reasons.Prayer for soldiers dead is, I suppose, a good idea. Could help. But i really gotta muster tons of good will. Mabon, you`ve no idea how much hatred SS got in our, polish minds. This imprint is so strong, that I would gladly tear any SS trooper apart with my bear hands, even though I havent seen any on my own eyes.

When I say I am no expert on this I really mean I am not. Like I don't visit the ghost part of the forums a lot only reason im watching this thread is because your story actually seems legit. so I don't know.

The part I boldfaced just made me want to say that it could be some spirits that want you to just get the story out about what really happened.

But its probably just a residential haunting.

But again don't take my advice too serious its not my area of experts. :innocent:

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

Ok, so:

Holly Dolly:

As for Mabon:

Kowalski, I feel the same about smudging. It does seem to lend an air of peace to a place regardless of what has happened there. Like a clean slate.

Shankti700,

If you haven't had any interactive encounters, then at this time that's what I would term it. Having prayers or smudging (which to me is the same thing) is a way of cleaning the slate or releasing those negative emotions and hopefully bringing a sense of peace.

I can't fully appreciate the resentment and anger that people of the area still feel, I don't understand it first or even second hand and can only imagine it but the horrific nature of it would be a powerful emotion. Yet having prayers said for the fallen doesn't mean (or I didn't mean to imply) only for the men killed in that incident. The anger and the bitterness that led up to that event is also on the landscape and other soldiers who defended and died need those prayers too because in my opinion they are also leaving an impression on the landscape. The anger they felt at having their lives destroyed and their homes invaded and perhaps dying before they knew that their struggle wasn't in vain. That's what I meant by if you say soldiers it's for both. I hope that made sense.

Edited to say, even if using the term soldiers might make the local minister uncomfortable maybe the term 'people who died during the war' would be enough since it could be assumed (correct me if I'm wrong) that not all the people who fought were indeed soldiers. And there have been skirmishes in the area of your home.

Mabon.

Edited by Mabon
  • Like 1

This night was calm. Some noise outside woke me up, but it turned out to be a small group of boars:) Today I`ll stop at the herbs shop, buy sage and try to smudge and bless my house and land, maybe it will help. If not, I`ll contact this protestant minister. I dont yet know how to approach him with this topic - he`s a nice, elder guy, but he`s also a German. I`m afraid he might be disturbed if he finds out about this. To my knowledge he is oblivious to those facts, and since I`m not one of his flock...

Ok, smudging first, and then we`ll see. I`ll keep you all updated.

I`ve decided not to wait. Can`t focus on work anyway, I`m taking free day, and gonna do the smudging, right away. I want this to be over before my girl returns home from vacations with her mother.

Edited by Shakti700
  • Like 2

Well, it didn`t help. I`ve blessed and smudged my house and yard as described on the website linked by Kowalski. Later on I took a nap. I got awoken by some conversations. Several voices, german language, I couldn`t understand a single word though, cause those voices were kind of muffled. It sounded like pleas, maybe begging. Anyway, it was outside, in the woods, and of course when I got there, I saw nothing. This is also the first time when something happened in daylight.

This is it. Tomorrow I`m going to the minister. I`ve already called him, and he agreed without any problems. He was suprised that a catholic ask him for this service, but he didn`t ask any questions.