Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Billy The Kid Photo?

LucidElement

I was just briefly analyzing the original photo of billy the kid, (article states if this is a real photo it would only be the SECOND known billy the kid pic) The ear definition looks to match up. You can always compare and contrast a persons identity from the ear structure.

Edited by LucidElement
  • Like 2

Nice find, and with Dan Decker being identified as the other man in the photo, who was a known friend of Billy's, and the photo once belonged to the estate of Pat Garrett, the man who shot Billy, well, I'd say it's Billy.

• Like 3

Thanks for the link, Lucid! :)

Our fascination with murderers never ceases to amaze me.

• Like 2

I use to live near Las Cruces NM - which Old Messilla is a suburb of... William Bonney (Or William McCarty as he was born) is still quite the public figure there... It's also the general area where Pat Garrett was later killed...

It's rather odd now that "Billy The Kid"a self professed killer of 21 people (though the actual count is considered at 9 or so) has become a folk hero - and Pat Garrett has become somewhat of a villain - largely because of the controversy around how he killed Bonney...

• Like 1

Does look a bit like the well known photo of him. Is there an extant photo of Dedrick that could be compared to the man on the left?

Ya the old west interests me. I haven't studied much about it but from what I read it is really interesting part of American history.