Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Aliens

Maureen_jacobs

Of course no one knows with certainty there even was a capstone on G1.

I'm just guessing that there was one and it likely weighed around 5 tons.

Well, at least your smart enough to answer in the negative....but not so smart that you knew that from the beginning... :lol: what other stories have you heard were facts? And what about the other pyramids all round the world?

...do you deny this happened?

It makes no difference. These people used modern tools, techniques, and materials. I'm not the one claiming that the ancients did it without science, metaphysics, technology (beyond bronze chisels), or modern techniques. I'm not the one claiming they were highly primitive and could only have used the most primitive tools but that was good enough since they were superstitious.

I'm the one saying we don't know how they did it and should avoid doing any science to find that answer for another 150 years.

Skeptics are just enablers who allow archaeologists to maintain their head in the sand.

What is everyone so afraid of? Aliens? Atlanteans? That we aren't descended from bumpkins? Other?

Edited by cladking
  • Confused 1

Is that what I'm supposed to believe? I know that since zoser said it, it has to be true, but I really am having a problem with this Somehow I would think that there would be lots more depictions of these strange beings from all around the world as they have quite a distinct look about them.

Maybe the aliens couldn't breath our atmosphere and had to wear spacesuits. Perhaps

the styles of space suits changed over thousands of years. Maybe there was more than

one alien species that visited. Maybe some had pets with them. Maybe most of the inter-

actions with humans were carried out by "androids", holograms, or robots. Maybe some

alien technology required them to move about the planet in self contained force fields and

the occupant was largely obscured by it.

Need I really go on?

Edited by cladking
  • Confused 1

Maybe the aliens couldn't breath our atmosphere and had to wear spacesuits. Perhaps

the styles odf space suits changed over thousands of years. Maybe there was more than

one alien species that visited. Maybe some had pets with them.

Need I really go on?

Yes, do please go on... there is never enough rope.... etc etc

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

What is everyone so afraid of? Aliens? Atlanteans? That we aren't descended from bumpkins? Other?

Foolish theories based on science fiction that attempt to rewrite human history because some people are too lazy to learn what we do know about it.

• Like 4

Okay, I think that it's fairly evident that it's Claddy vs the Universe ... and the Universe has won. I for one am tired of pyramids, or at least Egyptian ones, so let's move on. Anyone up for Vimanas?

• Like 1

It makes no difference. These people used modern tools, techniques, and materials. I'm not the one claiming that the ancients did it without science, metaphysics, technology (beyond bronze chisels), or modern techniques. I'm not the one claiming they were highly primitive and could only have used the most primitive tools but that was good enough since they were superstitious.

I'm the one saying we don't know how they did it and should avoid doing any science to find that answer for another 150 years.

Skeptics are just enablers who allow archaeologists to maintain their head in the sand.

I think it is people like yourself who are afraid. Maybe your afraid of being alone in the universe.

Mostly though, I think you need to read about the "primitive" people you believe were so dumb.

• Like 2

So you accept that humans moved this 1500 ton rock a long way?

At least it is a first step.

• Like 1

I think it is people like yourself who are afraid. Maybe your afraid of being alone in the universe.

Mostly though, I think you need to read about the "primitive" people you believe were so dumb.

You're intentionally misrepresenting my beliefs.

• Confused 1

You're intentionally misrepresenting my beliefs.

Well you haven't exactly stated anything to make us think otherwise.

• Like 1

So you accept that humans moved this 1500 ton rock a long way?

At least it is a first step.

If you read my post again you'll see it's not a first step. Nothing that occurs after an event can affect that event.

Nothing whatsoever we do today or has been done in 4750 years can possibly have any effect on the pyramids.

The past is inviolable and always has been. It will always be so. Nothing you say can have any effect on whether

the pyramids were built by aliens or just happened to grow out of the earth. It's a done deal, the book is closed.

You can't take aliens out of the past by wishing them away anymore than you can insert them through supersti-

tion or desire.

Jawboning doesn't even have too much effect on the present or future as far as that goes.

• Confused 1

Well you haven't exactly stated anything to make us think otherwise.

You might not know what I believe since you're relatively new and we haven't argued much.

To a very real extent I don't much believe anything. To me everything is a set of probabilities

and the probability is higher for aliens than that the paradigm is correct (not a lot higher mind

you, just higher).

The technology exists to learn the answers but skeptics enable the status quo by defending it.

So long as there's no pressure to actually use the technology they aren't going to do it. They

are afraid of the answer because they think it might impact tourism or other aspects of the sta-

tus quo. Everyone is afraid of change and will stick their head in the sand to avoid it.

• Confused 1

If you read my post again you'll see it's not a first step. Nothing that occurs after an event can affect that event.

Nothing whatsoever we do today or has been done in 4750 years can possibly have any effect on the pyramids.

The past is inviolable and always has been. It will always be so. Nothing you say can have any effect on whether

the pyramids were built by aliens or just happened to grow out of the earth. It's a done deal, the book is closed.

You can't take aliens out of the past by wishing them away anymore than you can insert them through supersti-

tion or desire.

Jawboning doesn't even have too much effect on the present or future as far as that goes.

Thank you. Now please stop trying to put aliens in the past through superstitious desire unless you have the evidence to back it up.

• Like 1

You might not know what I believe since you're relatively new and we haven't argued much.

To a very real extent I don't much believe anything. To me everything is a set of probabilities

and the probability is higher for aliens than that the paradigm is correct (not a lot higher mind

you, just higher).

The technology exists to learn the answers but skeptics enable the status quo by defending it.

So long as there's no pressure to actually use the technology they aren't going to do it. They

are afraid of the answer because they think it might impact tourism or other aspects of the sta-

tus quo. Everyone is afraid of change and will stick their head in the sand to avoid it.

Oh I see. Your another one of those mindless "crusaders" who just have a problem with others knowing more than you and telling how it happened after they have devoted years of study to those subjects. Seriously, why would historians be afraid of uncovering something new in this day and age when there is loads of money to be made for it off book and TV deals. Your not smarter than them, you just have authority issues.

If he raised one 150 lb stone I'd give you the point.

Butlet's be fair here. The Egyptians put a 5(?) ton capstone 481' in the air and built an entire

pyramid underneath it. Let's see this retired worker put the stone 481' up above a flat surface.

How about 300'?

Maybe 150'?

75'?

OK. I'll tell you what. If you can get anyone by himself to put a 150 lb stone 50' up

without using any modern materials I'll give you the point. This is well beyond the ability

of a thousand modern men using orthodox techniques and tools. This would be well

under .01% as much work as G1 and not nearly as scary. And what people can't seem

to understand is that just thowing more men and money at the project won't help any-

more than throwing more men and money at making walls that look like the stone was

softened. Either somebody knows how to do it or it doesn't get done. Nobody knows

how to place a 150 lb stone 50' up using manpower alone and primitive beliefs.

An illogical argument remains an illogical argument even if you add in the old college try

or a powerful man whoi can lift large weights by himself. Nothing has changed. The an-

cient accomplishments survive and we still don't know how.

I could put a 150 lb stone 50ft in the air with nothing but a rope
  • Like 1

Oh I see. Your another one of those mindless "crusaders" who just have a problem with others knowing more than you and telling how it happened after they have devoted years of study to those subjects. Seriously, why would historians be afraid of uncovering something new in this day and age when there is loads of money to be made for it off book and TV deals. Your not smarter than them, you just have authority issues.

One more try to get through; I'm trying for total ignorance so it certainly won't bother me

if someone else knows more. It seems most people already know almost everything anyway

so I'm going the other way.

I just reviewed the thread and saw most of the evidence for aliens has been mentioned already

at least in passing but each time it's either ignored or it's claimed the evidence is misinterpreted.

When the actual builders said things like, bring to N. that (boat) which flies up and alights, you'd

just think that it could give people pause. Of course you think it means something else, but you

think it means something else because you have so much knowledge rather than it can't refer to

a flying saucer. You know what it means because you've read the books that tell you what it is.

You have hundreds of scholars and Egyptologists on your side and a thousand years of tradition.

You simply don't need to consider that it might mean levitation rays and aliens. That's the beauty

of models and paradigms; they reduce the need to think. They eliminate the need to look for alt-

ernatives altogether. You don't need data or science when you already know and have a handy

dandy paradigm for reference.

• Confused 1

One more try to get through; I'm trying for total ignorance so it certainly won't bother me

if someone else knows more. It seems most people already know almost everything anyway

so I'm going the other way.

I just reviewed the thread and saw most of the evidence for aliens has been mentioned already

at least in passing but each time it's either ignored or it's claimed the evidence is misinterpreted.

When the actual builders said things like, bring to N. that (boat) which flies up and alights, you'd

just think that it could give people pause. Of course you think it means something else, but you

think it means something else because you have so much knowledge rather than it can't refer to

a flying saucer. You know what it means because you've read the books that tell you what it is.

You have hundreds of scholars and Egyptologists on your side and a thousand years of tradition.

You simply don't need to consider that it might mean levitation rays and aliens. That's the beauty

of models and paradigms; they reduce the need to think. They eliminate the need to look for alt-

ernatives altogether. You don't need data or science when you already know and have a handy

dandy paradigm for reference.

Looking at alternatives is nice and all but eventually you have to step back and ask yourself if those ancients where discussing flying saucers or if your putting flying saucers into their lore. Why can't those stories be just that: stories. We still do it even with all of our knowledge and technology. Do you think the Slenderman is a shapeshifting alien being that murders people in the woods? Of course not! That would be ridiculous because we can trace the story to its origins. Just because we can't trace these ancient tales to their origins doesn't mean they're based on some truth, its far more likely that they have been lost or destroyed in the 10,000+ years of human civilization.

Looking at alternatives is nice and all but eventually you have to step back and ask yourself if those ancients where discussing flying saucers or if your putting flying saucers into their lore. Why can't those stories be just that: stories. We still do it even with all of our knowledge and technology. Do you think the Slenderman is a shapeshifting alien being that murders people in the woods? Of course not! That would be ridiculous because we can trace the story to its origins. Just because we can't trace these ancient tales to their origins doesn't mean they're based on some truth, its far more likely that they have been lost or destroyed in the 10,000+ years of human civilization.

Yes, of course, this might be the real answer. I don't know.

What I do know is that there is evidence out there and more than one way to assemble that evidence into a model. I know most people are not giving all these possibilities a fair hearing. We're so concerned about being right that we see only a single perspective and eliminate things that don't fit from consideration. Perhaps the paradigm is correct but appears to be wrong to me only because so much evidence is missing or I can't see from other perspectives as well as I think I can. But this doesn't eliminate the problem because it's still my considered opinion that aliens are more likely to have existed than the elements of the paradigm. The evidence I cite is still evidence even if the scholars say I'm wrong.There are millions of people (many whom have been misled by Ancient Aliens) who agree with me. If truth is subject to vote then all we have to do is allow the schools to get even worse and everyone will know it was aliens. The narrator of the show can be the first saint.

As I've mentioned countless times the technology exists to gather the data necessary. So why isn't it getting done? Why don't the people who know care to prove it?

• Confused 1

just think that it could give people pause.

Where exactly is it that this happened? Show us documented proof of this or anything even vaguely resembling it having been said by anyone in the time period in question.

Oh, and as a side note, DecoNoir makes more sense in one short post that you have since the beginning of the thread.

I'm trying for total ignorance so it certainly won't bother me

if someone else knows more.

Yes clad, regular readers/contributors to these pages are quite aware of this rather sad reality.

One can only wonder at the internal psychological mechanism that would motivate such a "thought" process.

Other than an endless plea for attention.

• Like 2

Apologies for starting such a touchy subject....

Don't worry about it. This is more or less how every thread of value ends up on this forum. So in that regard its a rousing success! :)

• Like 2

Apologies for starting such a touchy subject....

It wasn't touchy. It's a natural law, everything devolves into entropy.