Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange noises in Canada

qxcontinuum

OHHHHH! I get it now! So when I was running heavy equipment just outside Timpson Texas about a year ago I was hearing the Airing of Red State over a loud speaker! It all makes sense to me now. I simply heard a movie playing in the middle of the freakin boon docks.(Over the sound of the heavy equipment I was operating)

That is really great that this all has been debunked now. I thought it was going to be some irrational answer on what I heard but it all makes sense. The broadcasting of a movie nobody has heard of over a loud speaker in the middle of the country in Texas..... I feel like it's been solved... Wait...

:td: a bit of a knee jerk reaction there mate, the debunk was of the posted vids.

In simple terms for you...the suspected hoaxed video's have been shown to be hoaxed? Got it?

Edited by seeder

:td: a bit of a knee jerk reaction there mate, the debunk was of the posted vids.

In simple terms for you...the suspected hoaxed video's have been shown to be hoaxed? Got it?

No, they haven't. This clip you posted was stating that ALL OF THE SOUNDS ARE NONSENSE. So while it may be plausible that it explains some sounds, it does not explain all the sounds as it represented itself to do. If I recall correctly the guy in the video said these sounds are the same nonsense as the "UFO myth" or something along those lines. He is grouping all the sounds into one category and calling them all fake. Similar to how he grouped all UFO cases into one batch and called those fake as well. The guy looks like a great scientist by the way! Wait...... So let me give you bold lettering to insinuate that you are illiterate the same as you did for me, in simple terms.

I don't need simple terms by the way. Feel free to open up your mind so I don't have to rip you apart so easily from someone else's investigative reporting. Just because I run heavy equipment doesn't mean that I don't listen to audiobooks on a variety of subjects that I would imagine you haven't gotten around to touch on yet. I am not questioning your intelligence as you have done mine, but I would advise you against it because you don't know what kind of shark tank you are jumping into.

and this is my last post on the subject which doesn't hold ANY interest for me.

It has been shown my various posts Ive made, that

There is a valid geologic/scientific explanation for the alleged sounds.

Despite stories, there are cases where the alleged videos were made, where no-one actually reported any sounds to anyone

A sharp eared web guy studied and isolated the sounds and compared the wave forms and sounds, to the same sounds in a movie, (about sounds in the skies funny enough), and has suggested without doubt, the sounds are the same. I happen to agree with the samples he chose

A video has been posted that shows a snow plough and the sounds it makes, along with examples saying road scrapers also make sustained long sounds...at night...when the roads are not busy

And...a pro UFO site has claimed they are the hoaxed works of religious cults

In fact there have been a few more examples of other possible sources creating sounds. So in essence then, any rational mind will have realised by now there are more mundane explanations for this...than anything else.

case-closed-stamp.gif

Edited by seeder

Despite stories, there are cases where the alleged videos were made, where no-one actually reported any sounds to anyone

A sharp eared web guy studied and isolated the sounds and compared the wave forms and sounds, to the same sounds in a movie, (about sounds in the skies funny enough), and has suggested without doubt, the sounds are the same. I happen to agree with the samples he chose

A video has been posted that shows a snow plough and the sounds it makes, along with examples saying road scrapers also make sustained long sounds...at night...when the roads are not busy

In fact there have been a few more examples of other possible sources creating sounds.

Whatever!

Also to further show that you do not know what you are talking about. That is a Motorgrader, not a snow plow. That is what we call "A Blade" being used to clear snow. A Snow plow is more similar to a front end loader with an upside down V shaped blade on it. Got it?

In fact there have been a few more examples of other possible sources creating sounds. So in essence then, any rational mind will have realised by now there are more mundane explanations for this...than anything else.

case-closed-stamp.gif

OHHH! That makes even more sense! A Motorgrader makes different sounds at night than it does during the day while scraping on the same material? And since you obviously do not know what you are talking about, a blade man does not drag the blade on the pavement when clearing things from the road. That would take the course of rock off of the road. They hover the blade where it just scrapes the material off of the road at about 1/16th of an inch. There is no guy driving down the road digging the blade into the asphalt scraping off material. Where there may be, but it would be his last day on the Motorgrader. Not to mention, that is normally the final machine a person learns to run so there is typically not some amateur operating blades on the road that would be driving around gouging up the road to make a hoax video. Get it?

Also to further show that you do not know what you are talking about. That is a Motorgrader, not a snow plow. That is what we call "A Blade" being used to clear snow. A Snow plow is more similar to a front end loader with an upside down V shaped blade on it. Got it?

whatever. It clears the snow, so who gives a fig what you want to call it...it clears the snow either way....

whatever. It clears the snow, so who gives a fig what you want to call it...it clears the snow either way....

Oh I get you! So I can call a helicopter and airplane since they both traverse the sky? I should start calling sharks fish because they both swim? Maybe I can call an Olympic swimmer a shark because they both swim in the water and these would all mean the same thing to you under your logic?

In addition. It matters although you do not think that it does because you have no education in this field, as I suspect many others that you try to speak on from talking to you for these few short posts. As I stated above a Motor Grader does not drag its blade on the ground non stop as to produce a sound such as this. A snow plow will drag its bucket on the ground more than a blade but that is not what you had seen in that video. Although i'm sure you don't want to take my word for it, you can when I tell you that what we were listening to in some of these videos was not the sound of Heavy Equipment dragging on some sort of pavement. I work with this equipment for 10+ hours 5-6 days per week. I know.

Edited by Ugly1
  • Like 1

OHHH! That makes even more sense! A Motorgrader makes different sounds at night than it does during the day while scraping on the same material? And since you obviously do not know what you are talking about, a blade man does not drag the blade on the pavement when clearing things from the road. That would take the course of rock off of the road. They hover the blade where it just scrapes the material off of the road at about 1/16th of an inch. There is no guy driving down the road digging the blade into the asphalt scraping off material. Where there may be, but it would be his last day on the Motorgrader. Not to mention, that is normally the final machine a person learns to run so there is typically not some amateur operating blades on the road that would be driving around gouging up the road to make a hoax video. Get it?

The only thing I get mate is how pedantic you are. Ive provided enough quality information/links and explanations. As have others. Ive satisfied myself TOTALLY this most likely has any of the stated explanations. So, as far as Im concerned, JOB DONE!! No mystery, so time to move along to more stimulating threads. rather than talk about freakin snow ploughs/graders, whatever

have fun! :tu:

The only thing I get mate is how pedantic you are. Ive provided enough quality information/links and explanations. As have others. Ive satisfied myself TOTALLY this most likely has any of the stated explanations. So, as far as Im concerned, JOB DONE!! No mystery, so time to move along to more stimulating threads. rather than talk about freakin snow ploughs/graders, whatever

have fun! :tu:

You have provided explanations that have been debunked along with the rambling of the guy in the video with an obvious bias to the subject (Along with UFO's apparently). I didn't say that the video didn't explain some of the sounds. Heck, I'll say it did so that you don't have to feel so defeated. :nw:

What I will point out one last time is that you try to represent yourself as having knowledge in certain fields based off of some crap you've witnessed on Youtube. It's just unfortunate for you that your condescending attitude didn't get you very far when you came barking at this tree. I would move on too if I were you. It's obvious to see where this is and your credibility is going so the best thing to do would be to cut your losses and run. So go ahead, run sir. :whistle:

Edited by Ugly1
  • Like 1

Oh I get you! So I can call a helicopter and airplane since they both traverse the sky? I should start calling sharks fish because they both swim? Maybe I can call an Olympic swimmer a shark because they both swim in the water and these would all mean the same thing to you under your logic?

In addition. It matters although you do not think that it does because you have no education in this field, as I suspect many others that you try to speak on from talking to you for these few short posts. As I stated above a Motor Grader does not drag its blade on the ground non stop as to produce a sound such as this. A snow plow will drag its bucket on the ground more than a blade but that is not what you had seen in that video. Although i'm sure you don't want to take my word for it, you can when I tell you that what we were listening to in some of these videos was not the sound of Heavy Equipment dragging on some sort of pavement. I work with this equipment for 10+ hours 5-6 days per week. I know.

I know you felt like a mug when I pointed out that your statement of

"The broadcasting of a movie nobody has heard of over a loud speaker in the middle of the country in Texas..... I feel like it's been solved... Wait...

showed very clearly your lack of understanding of the material posted - as the guy in the vid...was talking about YT vids... but you didn't quite get it. I know you felt a but humiliated after I pointed that out.

And now you feel you have to have 'one up'.... hence your sarky posts. But Im not hanging around to have back and forth posts with you as you try make yourself feel better.

Edited by seeder

I know you felt like a mug when I pointed out that your statement of

"The broadcasting of a movie nobody has heard of over a loud speaker in the middle of the country in Texas..... I feel like it's been solved... Wait...

was totally inappropriate - as the guy in the vid...was talking about YT vids... but you didn't quite get it. I know you felt a but humiliated after I pointed that out.

And now you feel you have to have 'one up'.... hence your sarky posts. But Im not hanging around to have back and forth posts with you as you try make yourself feel better.

Have you watched the video that I am talking about, that you posted? The guy says "All these sounds, like the UFO Myth". He classified ALL Sounds people have heard, with UFO's that were totally off subject and not discussed in any of the youtube videos. Based off of what he said, we can make the logical conclusion that he is speaking of ALL THE SOUNDS just like ALL THE UFO hoaxes.

How was my comment inappropriate? You come in here claiming that you have the end all answer to this mystery and when challenged you take offense? So please explain how you've come to the conclusion that I got the feeling of humiliation while debunking the nonsense you put as the end all answer to the sounds? I think its quite the contrary.

You remind me of. Bush-Mission-Accomplished_thumb%5B3%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

Edited by Ugly1
  • Like 1

This is what we northerners mean when we refer to a snow plow:

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/ryan_pedone_snow_plows05.htm

Unlike a grader that generally creeps along at a few miles an hour, they run flat out, and scraping, dragging or whatever, you can hear those puppies over a mile off.

It seems pretty evident though that you and he are talking about two entirely separate sets of phenomena, not necessarily linked to a common cause.

• Like 1

Have you watched the video that I am talking about, that you posted? The guy says "All these sounds, like the UFO Myth". He classified ALL Sounds people have heard, with UFO's that were totally off subject and not discussed in any of the youtube videos. Based off of what he said, we can make the logical conclusion that he is speaking of ALL THE SOUNDS just like ALL THE UFO hoaxes.

How was my comment inappropriate? You come in here claiming that you have the end all answer to this mystery and when challenged you take offense? So please explain how you've come to the conclusion that I got the feeling of humiliation while debunking the nonsense you put as the end all answer to the sounds? I think its quite the contrary.

You remind me of.

tell you what, you go listen to the vid, and make notes of what he says that you feel is important - and the time count on the vid - so I can quickly find it. Then we can split some more hairs. And as already stated, any of the explanations offered sit better with me than anything paranormal. Tho you just focus on one mans words in his own explanation. Like I said, pedantic

Bit pointless really isnt it?

Sounds like someone needs to get-off of their electric guitar and unplug the backyard amplifiers.

• Like 2

This is what we northerners mean when we refer to a snow plow:

http://www.hankstruc...now_plows05.htm

Unlike a grader that generally creeps along at a few miles an hour, they run flat out, and scraping, dragging or whatever, you can hear those puppies over a mile off.

It seems pretty evident though that you and he are talking about two entirely separate sets of phenomena, not necessarily linked to a common cause.

I didn't see any of the scrapers in the link you posted above that were similar to the motor grader that was in the video I watched on you tube. In response to that, the machine in said video was not running flat out, it was blading off the snow at a few miles per hour. From that view, it simply seems like you are running fast. What he is doing is simply winrowing out the snow, lining it out like you would a power drug. If you watch the video, you will notice there is no shrieking you could hear from a mile away. (Correction, just watched again, and there was definitely some shrieking going on! lol)

I do get your point however. What you call one thing, I may call another. Didn't even consider such a thing to be honest with you.

Edited by Ugly1

tell you what, you go listen to the vid, and make notes of what he says that you feel is important - and the time count on the vid - so I can quickly find it. Then we can split some more hairs. And as already stated, any of the explanations offered sit better with me than anything paranormal. Tho you just focus on one mans words in his own explanation. Like I said, pedantic

Bit pointless really isnt it?

Agreed. I would rather not argue with you and just have a civil discussion. I didn't say that I disagreed with his hypothesis. You are missing the point completely in that this is a discussion forum. You came here saying you found the end all answer based off of what you had seen in a youtube video, and even posted a "Case Closed" stamp. I am simply splitting hairs to show that this is not "Case Closed" any more than Ufology is "Case Closed". I'm bringing discussion to the part of the topic where you had an end all answer supposedly. Nothing against you as a person, I am only questioning the logic of said man in video thinking he has debunked every sound that is being discussed.

OHHH! That makes even more sense! A Motorgrader makes different sounds at night than it does during the day while scraping on the same material?

actually most machinery sounds different during the night then during the day.. mainly due to there being less ambient noise at night :D

• Like 1

cannot get vid posted here, but click and do watch it

The "Strange Sounds Heard Around The World" EXPLAINED Once And For All

THIS SHOULD BE FEATURED!!! (says that website not me)

You came here saying you found the end all answer based off of what you had seen in a youtube video,

. I'm bringing discussion to the part of the topic where you had an end all answer supposedly. Nothing against you as a person, I am only questioning the logic of said man in video thinking he has debunked every sound that is being discussed.

see first post bolded in RED above. I never made any quotes I had found the be all and end all answer, I EVEN TOOK CARE TO POINT THAT OUT!

click this to see 'that' website made the claims...that I just quoted

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=070_1326875749&comments=1

And before that post was made, Id already offered a handful of other credible explanations. Sorry to say therefore, that if you have 'once again', mistook a post I made, and it seems perfectly clear that you have....then you need to be saying that to me. Then we can have a civil discussion, which is what Im here for :tu:

Edited by seeder

actually most machinery sounds different during the night then during the day.. mainly due to there being less ambient noise at night :D

exactly right, a snow plough on the motorway in daytime traffic probably cant be heard. But at night/early morning, when there is less or no cars on the roads, (when lots of ploughs start work), the sound will carry

case-closed-stamp.gif

My bad. I thought case closed typically meant, end of discussion. So based off of your last three sentences, your stamp should read "Case Opened". If there are several possible explanations, then wouldn't that mean that case is indeed, not closed? Hence "Mission Accomplished" if you missed that one.

Edited by Ugly1

It's metal. probably something being constructed or erected. The reason no one explained it yet is that the sane people who make the noise during their work are not on UM forums proclaiming to be hearing bodiless noises coming from the sky, they just get on with it and do their work. To me it sounds like a crane moving or sheet metal rubbing together.

P.S I said erected..........tee hee.

My bad. I thought case closed typically meant, end of discussion. So based off of your last three sentences, your stamp should read "Case Opened". If there are several possible explanations, then wouldn't that mean that case is indeed, not closed? Hence "Mission Accomplished" if you missed that one.

he/she/whatever seeder is means that the idea its supernatural is closed

• Like 1

Goys, you're talking about snow plows making this noise . However is everyone forgetting that the many noises including the most recent one in BC was heard in he summer?

28 degrees plus, and lets be honest ; that was not a snow plow lol. Not even close. It is intermittently and consistent somewhat in its variations. It has a starting point peek and dim frequency. All across the mapamond are following up the same pattern

Edited by qxcontinuum

My bad.

not what i posted, but for not reading you're a dude....cause I'm a lazy dork

Goys, you're talking about snow plows making this noise . However is everyone forgetting that the noises are heard in he summer?

28 degrees plus, and lets be honest ; that was not a snow plow lol. Not even close.

Could be construction equipment, or logging

Edited by SkepticalB

The noises could be anything ordinary that people do not notice normally. I live within 20 miles of Kennedy Space Center. When we were actually launching vehicles into space semi-regularly most of the people that have lived here for any time at all (I have lived here more than 40 years) do not pay any attention to the noise of a rocket launch. To an outsider it would be alarming/extremely odd if they were caught unaware of it.

With regards to something going unheard during daytime hours but very noticeable at night, during the winters here you can easily hear the sound of trains from 5 or 10 miles away. During the daytime they are never heard and the same goes for summer nights.