Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange noises in Canada

qxcontinuum

No. It can't. Unless you mean a harp? An old out of tune harp that sounds like an old siren played over a PA system?

For you see, the research outfit known as HAARP operates out of Alaska and does absolutely nothing that would create this sort of sound and is completely benign, despite what some like to claim.

Edit: I wish people would stop bringing up HAARP. The same information is just ignored again and again.

The great part about your post is, your actual lack of understanding regarding HAARP. While you are following a common route of the skeptic in regards to the extremely misguided views of numerous pseudo-scientific researchers that try to link HAARP to far-fetched paranormal activities, you fail to comprehend that HAARP in its ACTUAL known function, could in-fact theoretically cause resonant sounds to seemingly emanate from the skies. Since the research being conducted at the HAARP facilities is still, somewhat, in its infancy, the lack of data compiled regarding the effects of shooting ELFs into the ionosphere means that somebody could logically speculate that the sounds are in-fact being caused by such. While there still needs to be data collected to prove such a theory, completely writing it off solely because numerous conspiracy theorists have used HAARP as a constant "go-to" as an explanation to things they don't quite comprehend, is blatantly ignorant.

I am currently conducting research in the field to help understand what could possibly be causing such large sounds to seemingly be coming from nothing but the sky, and HAARP is actually a large target for my research. You see, resonance is a very amazing thing, and sound can in fact be created from thin-air per se.

If you understood particle physics, you'd know that heat, sound, and the motion of particles are very closely related. Hence why heating of the ionosphere could allow for some speculation that the sound is caused by HAARP, whether it is being done indirectly or directly is the question.

Cheers,

Edited by Resonance

Just an update on this not sure how true it is. A team of romanian scientists discovered that these noises are the sums of cell phone radiation static charge. When is reaching to a certain peek will resonate like it. However they admitted that some of the noises cannot be attributed to this fact. And yes HAARP can produce similar sounds.

Edited by qxcontinuum

Hasn't this been found wanting a dozen times before? It's turning into one of those 'Rods' type subjects that doesn't die.

• Like 3

So this is the thing;

In Argentina a video surfaced about the same. Apparently, according to the original uploader, the sound repeated for several mornings. Now, how come there's only 1 video from 1 location? IF this phenomena is so amazing, why there are not 100 videos of the same city from different places? Why I can't find more videos about this canadian one? with the same sound from a different location?

Why?

Because everybody can fake a video. I bet the population in Canada with a cellphone is higher than Argentina, so I believe that if something weird like this really happened you would see 100 or more videos on youtube.

Edited by MrBene
  • Like 2

So this is the thing;

In Argentina a video surfaced about the same. Apparently, according to the original uploader, the sound repeated for several mornings. Now, how come there's only 1 video from 1 location? IF this phenomena is so amazing, why there are not 100 videos of the same city from different places? Why I can't find more videos about this canadian one? with the same sound from a different location?

Why?

Because everybody can fake a video. I bet the population in Canada with a cellphone is higher than Argentina, so I believe that if something weird like this really happened you would see 100 or more videos on youtube.

and thats the point made by the guy who debunked the videos, the stories 'claim' a sound was heard across the town/county whatever, but invariably, its only the uploader who actually heard it it

• Like 3

Just an update on this not sure how true it is. A team of romanian scientists discovered that these noises are the sums of cell phone radiation static charge. When is reaching to a certain peek will resonate like it. However they admitted that some of the noises cannot be attributed to this fact. And yes HAARP can produce similar sounds.

So it for some reason chooses to manifest in a fairly remote part of Canada? Wouldn't it be more likely (if it is at all remotely likely) to do this somewhere there's millions of people all using cell phones, such as New York or London or Tokyo?

• Like 1

From what i have read and heard the sound to some sound like the propetcised seven trumpets of the coming apocolypse. After all the bible did say the sound of trumpets would be heard world wide. I havent heard it yet. but with global warming and our current polar ice caps melting at an alarming rate could cause a pole shift which has happened once before. so the sound could be our poles shifting ever so slightly every year. not to mention our core is going through a change causeing our magnetic feild to weaken. you didnt hear it from me but i believe something somewhere on planet earth is warning us of coming catastrophy and maybe one in which man kind cannot recover. if we do recover it will take 50 yrs or better to rebuild everything we have learned.

Climate change is a known fact but Global warming has been proven to be a hoax. The ice caps are not shrinking. The earths magnetic poles are shifting every day and we know they have flipped multiple times over the earths lifetime. Shifting of the earths magnetic poles is natural and its effects are virtually invisible, this is not a cause for alarm. If you are talking about a complete shift in the physical poles, that amount of energy required for that is beyond comprehension and basically impossible. As far as our magnetosphere weakening from some kind of disturbance in the core, I have not seen any evidence of this.

• 2 months later...

So funny , now in uk they are trying to justify the noise to be made by a fish. So far we have trains, saws, factories, magnetic field, cell phone radiation, aliens, HAARP and now fish

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/256820/mysterious-hum-could-be-mating-fish

• Like 1

The great part about your post is, your actual lack of understanding regarding HAARP. While you are following a common route of the skeptic in regards to the extremely misguided views of numerous pseudo-scientific researchers that try to link HAARP to far-fetched paranormal activities, you fail to comprehend that HAARP in its ACTUAL known function, could in-fact theoretically cause resonant sounds to seemingly emanate from the skies. Since the research being conducted at the HAARP facilities is still, somewhat, in its infancy, the lack of data compiled regarding the effects of shooting ELFs into the ionosphere means that somebody could logically speculate that the sounds are in-fact being caused by such. While there still needs to be data collected to prove such a theory, completely writing it off solely because numerous conspiracy theorists have used HAARP as a constant "go-to" as an explanation to things they don't quite comprehend, is blatantly ignorant.

I am currently conducting research in the field to help understand what could possibly be causing such large sounds to seemingly be coming from nothing but the sky, and HAARP is actually a large target for my research. You see, resonance is a very amazing thing, and sound can in fact be created from thin-air per se.

If you understood particle physics, you'd know that heat, sound, and the motion of particles are very closely related. Hence why heating of the ionosphere could allow for some speculation that the sound is caused by HAARP, whether it is being done indirectly or directly is the question.

Cheers,

Don't presume to tell me what I do and do not know.

HAARP has been on a temporary shutdown since May 2013 waiting on a contractor change. Prehaps you need to do some more "research in the field" to figure that out....

The great part about your post is, your actual lack of understanding regarding HAARP.

Actually, I believe he has a very good understanding of what HAARP can and cannot do.

While you are following a common route of the skeptic in regards to the extremely misguided views of numerous pseudo-scientific researchers that try to link HAARP to far-fetched paranormal activities, you fail to comprehend that HAARP in its ACTUAL known function, could in-fact theoretically cause resonant sounds to seemingly emanate from the skies.

And how do you suggest that the sounds are generated?

Since the research being conducted at the HAARP facilities is still, somewhat, in its infancy, the lack of data compiled regarding the effects of shooting ELFs into the ionosphere means that somebody could logically speculate that the sounds are in-fact being caused by such.

Why do you think that it is in it's infancy in that respect?

While there still needs to be data collected to prove such a theory, completely writing it off solely because numerous conspiracy theorists have used HAARP as a constant "go-to" as an explanation to things they don't quite comprehend, is blatantly ignorant.

Not really. If you had actually done your research you'd know that it's not an option, both due to the intensity of the electromagnetic radiation used and the frequency of the radio-waves used. Besides that, to generate sound you need a large enough body of something moving and HAARP cannot do that. Simply impossible, basic physics.

I would suggest that you need to do some more research.

If you understood particle physics you wouldn't have uttered such nonsense, by all means of respect.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

Que ` the Monty Python Music ! :tu:

P.S. Have a great TurkeyDuckin what ever Badeskov`s

Oh I forgot the Smoked Smeltstafishes

• Like 1

I certainly will, Big D.! And likewise :)

Cheers,

Badeskov

It,s happening again. I have to admit I've heard it too here in Windsor Ontario Canada last summer. There are multiple reports worldwide recently about these strange sounds coming out of nowere. What could it be? Please don't tell me about the magnetic field making them. That is stoopid. It started to be heard and therefore documented since 2004

Equipment in use :

1 x 500W amp

2 x loudspeaker

1 x microphone

1 x interlooped Didgeridoo

1 x bottle of Gin

1 x idiot

Edited by toast
  • Like 3

Seriously - this would be the easiest thing to investigate EVER. I've got a box full of old directional mikes, sound level meters, etc that could easily be used to track this down.

Well, they could be used if:

- it actually existed

- lasted for more than a few minutes at a time...

If it is the latter (brief) and therefore unable to trace, frankly, who cares? It's your neighbour's big stereo and they love pulling your chain...

But I vote for the former.

• Like 2

Actually, I believe he has a very good understanding of what HAARP can and cannot do.

And how do you suggest that the sounds are generated?

Why do you think that it is in it's infancy in that respect?

Not really. If you had actually done your research you'd know that it's not an option, both due to the intensity of the electromagnetic radiation used and the frequency of the radio-waves used. Besides that, to generate sound you need a large enough body of something moving and HAARP cannot do that. Simply impossible, basic physics.

I would suggest that you need to do some more research.

If you understood particle physics you wouldn't have uttered such nonsense, by all means of respect.

Getting caught up here ...

Doncha just love how folks come in sounding like they know what they're talking about ... except to those who actually do know what they're talking about? To them (us, in some but not all cases), they're just more random noise that needs to be addressed. I often wonder where they get their "knowledge" and how they can be so certain of it.

Getting caught up here ...

Doncha just love how folks come in sounding like they know what they're talking about ... except to those who actually do know what they're talking about? To them (us, in some but not all cases), they're just more random noise that needs to be addressed. I often wonder where they get their "knowledge" and how they can be so certain of it.

I am by no means an expert, but some things are pretty darn basic with even an entry level of knowledge in this field. But indeed amazing how some people really think they harbor superior knowledge compared to others, yet when dissected, it is at best mediocre.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

As always, Im hoping you will post pictures of the infinity smoker, and whats on it, BigD. :tu:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Love the new explanation of a similar sound heard this time in manchester uk.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/beetham-tower-manchester-mystery-alien-like-3141335

So far similar sounds have been hears world wide and officials are always blaming some local events. I love the fact they really believe what they say!

Until now since i initiated this topic i 've heard the following justifications: train, workers saw, haarp, aliens, magnetic field, processing plant, overcharged cellular network, ice quakes, apocalypse, cat fish mating, a species of frogs, now city tower...

Well can't be all of them producing these noises. They should get together and decide upon something!

Edited by qxcontinuum

Its a big world wide hoax elaborated by the illuminati

and here is a better video of the beetham tower hum, which was recorded february 2014, where more than average strong winds amplified the hum

[media=]

[/media] Edited by SkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart

and here is a better video of the beetham tower hum, which was recorded february 2014, where more than average strong winds amplified the hum

[media=]

[/media]

I'm reminded of the "Ghostly voices" at the World trade Center site, which curiously enough were only heard in certain wind conditions.

Love the new explanation of a similar sound heard this time in manchester uk.

http://www.mirror.co...en-like-3141335

So far similar sounds have been hears world wide and officials are always blaming some local events. I love the fact they really believe what they say!

Until now since i initiated this topic i 've heard the following justifications: train, workers saw, haarp, aliens, magnetic field, processing plant, overcharged cellular network, ice quakes, apocalypse, cat fish mating, a species of frogs, now city tower...

Well can't be all of them producing these noises. They should get together and decide upon something!

"Well if you're so sure of what it ain't, why don't you tell us what it am?"

Don't know what it is but it came to light in recent years... Don't listen to this people saying it is a hoax guess they red 1 article and watched 1 video for 3 sec and they went " OH This is fake and hoaxed "... Ive taken a look on more of this videos and audio recordings, it seems this is truly mind boggling... i understand the ice expansion effect, but what in the hell is it making it in open areas or areas that haven't seen this phenomena before..

In many videos animals ( dogs, cats, birds,.. ) were present they didn't react to it with fear but they obviously heard the sound ( some animals went towards windows, doors, outside,.. and just stayed there )..

And colonel do you think people give a damn about it... I bet that if an actual alien ship would to arrive here many people wouldn't give a damn, they would most likely stay in and watch TV or be zombified by smart phones and laptops... Cruel reality... Only those who find this fascinating and interesting would actually go to a street IF even they wouldn't Skype about it...

Edit > Ignorance is a bliss they said... Guess they were right..

Edited by Tesla II
  • Like 1