Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Microsoft and Google to sue US

questionmark

Microsoft and Google are to sue the US government to win the right to reveal more information about official requests for user data. The companies announced the lawsuit on Friday, escalating a legal battle over the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (Fisa), the mechanism used by the National Security Agency (NSA) and other US government agencies to gather data about foreign internet users.

Microsoft's general counsel, Brad Smith, made the announcement in a corporate blog post which complained of the government's "continued unwillingness" to let it publish information about Fisa requests.

Each company filed a suit in June arguing that they should be allowed to state the details under the first amendment, which guarantees freedom of speech, and in the process defend corporate reputations battered by Edward Snowden's revelations. Critics accused the companies of collaborating in the snooping.

Read more

• Like 4

Good for them, it's never too late to help the people see the light.

who I suspect follows Mr. Snowden, could be a real beginners lesson for them ....

Like the fictional Oracle in

there are some people the NSA shouldn't have absorbed.

Glad to see this! :)

I suspect though, their reputations have taken quite a hit because of everything Snowden revealed, so they are trying to garner back support and clients. But, that's the cynic in me....

• Like 1

Glad to see this! :)

I suspect though, their reputations have taken quite a hit because of everything Snowden revealed, so they are trying to garner back support and clients. But, that's the cynic in me....

Fingers crossed they have realised the higher ups in the US are biting off more than they can chew and seeing the forecoming downfall are now switching to the side of the people.

Its about dam time that Google, and Microsoft stood up to the NSA. Good job guys. Faith in humanity restored.