Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sleep Paralysis - Vivid visions.

Lyles

This has been happening ever since I was a kid and I don't know what causes them (If anything) and they disturb me and I LOVE horror...but this is different. On random nights I will suffer from sleep paralysis and my eyes will be wide open but my brain will be asleep and see something horrific in my room that directly addresses me before I get sent into a dreamlike state where I am living someone else's life. I can never speak, I can never move. When I wake up I see the object in my room (usually) that my brain twisted into a creature. I've never seen any of these places or people in any films I've seen or places I've been in real life I SWEAR. They are completely generated by my brain with fragments of other things combined if they AREN'T real.

Here are a few of the "visions" I've seen. Starting with the most recent (last night) All of the "visions" are always in first person, so when I say "I" I mean whoever I am in the dream, even though there are brief moments of third person where I can see what "I" look like.

1. The Asian Market and the apparent kidnapping

Creature: A white dog with no eyes was tearing apart a stuffed animal and then I tried to scream at it but I couldn't (I never can) and it looked up at me (without eyes) and slowly walked to the edge of my bed (which was made out of ashes for some reason. I could feel it like I had a hand full of dirt) and it's skin tore apart to reveal smokey pure black eyes and it stood in silence glaring at me for several seconds and then I blacked out.

Life: I was an Asian guy (a college student) with this nice Asian girl and we were walking through a market and she was talking about this rude Asian man (apparently we both knew him) and I started making fun of him (basically mocking his childhood) saying things like his dad taught him to fish or something (I dunno) and then it cut to me lying on the floor in a dark room in nothing but my boxers and with tears streaming down my face and I was confused and looking around terrified and my clothes were lying on a bench and I got my mobile out of my pockets and began texting in Japanese to someone...

I wake up

2. The Summer Home murder and gangs.

Creature: A hand was caressing my side and touched my hand and I could feel the soft skin and the bones and everything just like a real hand and I blacked out

Life: I was a man in a summer home in what looked like New York City or Chicago with blue tarps everywhere and I was talking to my wife and I had a sudden urge to murder her and I picked up a knife and began to stab here and threw her against a table and killed her. Soon after It cut to a car driving through a country side with everything incredibly distorted like I was on heavy drugs and then it cut again to night time with a bunch of black kids that looked like they were in a gang throwing money onto the ground and spreading it around and then took a pigeon from his pocket and they broke its neck or something and watched it write and twitch around on the money (spreading it around) and they were laughing and they each picked up the money that the bird knocked towards them as if they were using nature to divide the money. I wake up.

3. The Shadow Child

Creature: A distorted kid or creature, I blacked out too soon.

Life: I was a middle aged man slowly walking through his house at night and I saw the shadow of a child with smoke around him in the dark kitchen with the moonlight coming through the window and without hesitation I immediately tackled him and began punching it as everything began to turn white. I wake up.

4. The Double Murder - Single Mother and Son

Creature: Too distorted

Life: I was a kid (about 14) on the computer and my mum was in the living room on the couch saying something to me when I hear a something and a tall man in black begins to run down the hallway directly behind me and shoots my mother then shoots me. It zooms out in third person as the man begins to take something out of his coat. I see brief flashes of a library or office building at night time. I wake up

5. The stretched skin mutilation and the old man and woman

Creature: I saw a sickening creature coming through my window that resembled a melting pile of flesh sticking to the ceiling and gurgling and twitching and crawling towards me and it got to my abdomen and I blacked out.

Life: I was an old man lying next to my wife and I heard a noise downstairs like breaking glass. It cuts to me in first person as someone else sneaking up to a window of a seemingly abandoned house and breaking the window with a tool of some sort and wearing a red bandanna around my mouth. It cuts back to me as the old man walking down the stairs and the house had EVERYTHING seemingly stolen and it was dirty and rundown looking. (There was probably never stuff there to begin with) and I walked to a broken window and looked out confused. I was flying through a tunnel of lights. I wake up.

These are the only vivid ones I can remember because they all felt SOOOO real. I could feel pain, heat, cold, EVERYTHING. I feel as though these are actual memories with how vivid they are. I can still remember them like a traumatic event. There are a ton of others though that I CAN'T remember. I can remember some of the creatures though, but not the vision entirely. Here are the ones I can remember.

Creatures: A tall demon figure in a purplish-black cloak with a chest made of glass that seemingly had the cosmos behind it. Behind the glass on its chest was like looking into a beautiful vivid unworldly portion of outer space that seemed to actually be IN its chest. Like a direct link to the actual thing. It looked at me with its sparkling eyes and placed its long fingers on the end of the bed. (This was when I was a kid)

A dog that seemed to have two heads melted into each-other vertically (so that it's two noses connected upside down forming elongated vertical nose holes with a torn away mouth began to chatter its teeth and began to mutilate my hand as it hung off the side of the bed. It had no eyes and I couldn't move...only watch as my hang dripped with blood, feeling every bit of pain like I would in real life.

A man in a yellow raincoat and matching yellow raincoat hat (he looked like a fisherman) looked down at me in the dark and began to whisper something important to me (I couldn't hear the words) (This happened when I was very young)

Am I just crazy and suffering from paranoid delusions? What do you guys think? I've always believed in past lives so I think that's what I'm seeing, but you never know. :c I want them to stop.

This has been happening ever since I was a kid and I don't know what causes them (If anything) and they disturb me and I LOVE horror...but this is different. On random nights I will suffer from sleep paralysis and my eyes will be wide open but my brain will be asleep and see something horrific in my room that directly addresses me before I get sent into a dreamlike state where I am living someone else's life. I can never speak, I can never move. When I wake up I see the object in my room (usually) that my brain twisted into a creature. I've never seen any of these places or people in any films I've seen or places I've been in real life I SWEAR. They are completely generated by my brain with fragments of other things combined if they AREN'T real.

Here are a few of the "visions" I've seen. Starting with the most recent (last night) All of the "visions" are always in first person, so when I say "I" I mean whoever I am in the dream, even though there are brief moments of third person where I can see what "I" look like.

1. The Asian Market and the apparent kidnapping

Creature: A white dog with no eyes was tearing apart a stuffed animal and then I tried to scream at it but I couldn't (I never can) and it looked up at me (without eyes) and slowly walked to the edge of my bed (which was made out of ashes for some reason. I could feel it like I had a hand full of dirt) and it's skin tore apart to reveal smokey pure black eyes and it stood in silence glaring at me for several seconds and then I blacked out.

Life: I was an Asian guy (a college student) with this nice Asian girl and we were walking through a market and she was talking about this rude Asian man (apparently we both knew him) and I started making fun of him (basically mocking his childhood) saying things like his dad taught him to fish or something (I dunno) and then it cut to me lying on the floor in a dark room in nothing but my boxers and with tears streaming down my face and I was confused and looking around terrified and my clothes were lying on a bench and I got my mobile out of my pockets and began texting in Japanese to someone...

I wake up

2. The Summer Home murder and gangs.

Creature: A hand was caressing my side and touched my hand and I could feel the soft skin and the bones and everything just like a real hand and I blacked out

Life: I was a man in a summer home in what looked like New York City or Chicago with blue tarps everywhere and I was talking to my wife and I had a sudden urge to murder her and I picked up a knife and began to stab here and threw her against a table and killed her. Soon after It cut to a car driving through a country side with everything incredibly distorted like I was on heavy drugs and then it cut again to night time with a bunch of black kids that looked like they were in a gang throwing money onto the ground and spreading it around and then took a pigeon from his pocket and they broke its neck or something and watched it write and twitch around on the money (spreading it around) and they were laughing and they each picked up the money that the bird knocked towards them as if they were using nature to divide the money. I wake up.

3. The Shadow Child

Creature: A distorted kid or creature, I blacked out too soon.

Life: I was a middle aged man slowly walking through his house at night and I saw the shadow of a child with smoke around him in the dark kitchen with the moonlight coming through the window and without hesitation I immediately tackled him and began punching it as everything began to turn white. I wake up.

4. The Double Murder - Single Mother and Son

Creature: Too distorted

Life: I was a kid (about 14) on the computer and my mum was in the living room on the couch saying something to me when I hear a something and a tall man in black begins to run down the hallway directly behind me and shoots my mother then shoots me. It zooms out in third person as the man begins to take something out of his coat. I see brief flashes of a library or office building at night time. I wake up

5. The stretched skin mutilation and the old man and woman

Creature: I saw a sickening creature coming through my window that resembled a melting pile of flesh sticking to the ceiling and gurgling and twitching and crawling towards me and it got to my abdomen and I blacked out.

Life: I was an old man lying next to my wife and I heard a noise downstairs like breaking glass. It cuts to me in first person as someone else sneaking up to a window of a seemingly abandoned house and breaking the window with a tool of some sort and wearing a red bandanna around my mouth. It cuts back to me as the old man walking down the stairs and the house had EVERYTHING seemingly stolen and it was dirty and rundown looking. (There was probably never stuff there to begin with) and I walked to a broken window and looked out confused. I was flying through a tunnel of lights. I wake up.

These are the only vivid ones I can remember because they all felt SOOOO real. I could feel pain, heat, cold, EVERYTHING. I feel as though these are actual memories with how vivid they are. I can still remember them like a traumatic event. There are a ton of others though that I CAN'T remember. I can remember some of the creatures though, but not the vision entirely. Here are the ones I can remember.

Creatures: A tall demon figure in a purplish-black cloak with a chest made of glass that seemingly had the cosmos behind it. Behind the glass on its chest was like looking into a beautiful vivid unworldly portion of outer space that seemed to actually be IN its chest. Like a direct link to the actual thing. It looked at me with its sparkling eyes and placed its long fingers on the end of the bed. (This was when I was a kid)

A dog that seemed to have two heads melted into each-other vertically (so that it's two noses connected upside down forming elongated vertical nose holes with a torn away mouth began to chatter its teeth and began to mutilate my hand as it hung off the side of the bed. It had no eyes and I couldn't move...only watch as my hang dripped with blood, feeling every bit of pain like I would in real life.

A man in a yellow raincoat and matching yellow raincoat hat (he looked like a fisherman) looked down at me in the dark and began to whisper something important to me (I couldn't hear the words) (This happened when I was very young)

Am I just crazy and suffering from paranoid delusions? What do you guys think? I've always believed in past lives so I think that's what I'm seeing, but you never know. :c I want them to stop.

You are not crazy, I have been through this before. You are actually talented, but have some work to do before you get control.

A cheesy video I made one night on my iPhone. Pm me anytime if you want to talk and go over some strategies to get it under control. It wouldn't hurt to have a sleep study done either. There are some medical conditions that can open you up like this.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=2493&showentry=27751

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's very common in sp episodes. I tend to dream or hallucinate things too when in sp mode. It can be scarey, others not at all. It depends on how you access the situation. If your afraid your going to hallucinate scarey things, or have a vivid nightmare. One particular nasty hallucination in sp happened when I first started getting it. I wasn't used to the sensations so of course , I got scared. What happened next was I felt my bed sink and a male voice whispered into my ear. I thought I was going to die of a heart attack. Once you learn to controll your fear these experiences will be pleasant. I had a very positive lucid dream in sp mode one where I was floating in a beautiful island full of beautifull exotic flowers.(I love plants) and I was confused as to why I couldn't get down until I realized I was dreaming and slowly lowerd my body to the ground. There was a man beside me but his face was blurry and I think he was showing me the flowers, maybe they were a gift idk. When I had enough of the dream I bid him farewell and focused on my toes. I awoke in sp but stayed completely calm, no scarey hallucinations whatsoever :)

Im 19, Recently I've been having them every night, since September 4th to be exact. They're always different. But before now it's only happened once when I was 11.

I was sleeping on the couch that night and it was completely dark. I started to dream..

So I was at my aunts house. Her, my uncle and cousins were outside in lawn chairs. My aunt asked my dad if I had been "holidated" (random made up word that means nothing I assume). My dad replies "no", and my aunt says to my cousin "devan, go get the holidater".

He goes in the house and returns back outside with a huge book that looks like something from lord of the rings or oblivion or something like that. She smiles at me and says, "we do this bc we love you". Then started speaking another language and that alone was just terrifying.

Then a round hole opens up in the ground and I fall in, going down and down and down for what seemed like forever, the whole time looking up to see my whole family looking over the edge of the hole smiling and laughing as I fell through the earth.

The walls of the hole were like holographic orange and swirling around and around. Inside the walls were hundreds of faces screaming and just begging me "please! Please!? Please!", while their arms reached out and tried to grab me.

Suddenly I woke up and completely paralyzed, I could hear my dad behind me In the kitchen making coffee, for probably 10 seconds all I could do was roll my eyes around and try to scream. Eventually my voice caught and i screamed like female "ahhhh!!", immediately followed by my dad dropping his pot of coffee and yelling "wtf!!?".

And then calling me retarded when i tried to explain to him what had happened.

That was by far the most terrifying one, but maybe bc I was so young. Because the ones of having now aren't as "scary" and I'm not paralyzed when I wake completely, but they are still terrifying even when it's not something scary I'm dreaming or seeing. I'm not scared to sleep and get maybe 2 hours of sleep a night, and it's really taking a toll on my body. It scares me to think this could last for years or even the rest of my life, and possible get worse. I don't want to go to the doctor and get put on medication. Could the medication I'd get make it worse? I'm now a 19 year old young man that sleeps with his light on! Lol gah it's ridiculous, help?! I don't wanna see 👺 or 👽 in my room. Or 👳 lol

Im 19, Recently I've been having them every night, since September 4th to be exact. They're always different. But before now it's only happened once when I was 11.

I was sleeping on the couch that night and it was completely dark. I started to dream..

So I was at my aunts house. Her, my uncle and cousins were outside in lawn chairs. My aunt asked my dad if I had been "holidated" (random made up word that means nothing I assume). My dad replies "no", and my aunt says to my cousin "devan, go get the holidater".

He goes in the house and returns back outside with a huge book that looks like something from lord of the rings or oblivion or something like that. She smiles at me and says, "we do this bc we love you". Then started speaking another language and that alone was just terrifying.

Then a round hole opens up in the ground and I fall in, going down and down and down for what seemed like forever, the whole time looking up to see my whole family looking over the edge of the hole smiling and laughing as I fell through the earth.

The walls of the hole were like holographic orange and swirling around and around. Inside the walls were hundreds of faces screaming and just begging me "please! Please!? Please!", while their arms reached out and tried to grab me.

Suddenly I woke up and completely paralyzed, I could hear my dad behind me In the kitchen making coffee, for probably 10 seconds all I could do was roll my eyes around and try to scream. Eventually my voice caught and i screamed like female "ahhhh!!", immediately followed by my dad dropping his pot of coffee and yelling "wtf!!?".

And then calling me retarded when i tried to explain to him what had happened.

That was by far the most terrifying one, but maybe bc I was so young. Because the ones of having now aren't as "scary" and I'm not paralyzed when I wake completely, but they are still terrifying even when it's not something scary I'm dreaming or seeing. I'm not scared to sleep and get maybe 2 hours of sleep a night, and it's really taking a toll on my body. It scares me to think this could last for years or even the rest of my life, and possible get worse. I don't want to go to the doctor and get put on medication. Could the medication I'd get make it worse? I'm now a 19 year old young man that sleeps with his light on! Lol gah it's ridiculous, help?! I don't wanna see 👺 or 👽 in my room. Or 👳 lol

You can take control over this if you want. It will take some work, but you can cure yourself and never really worry about it again. Pm me if you want to walk that road and ill stick by you till you get what you need.

People w/ sleep paralysis have hallucinations, its not anything supernatural or paranormal.

just essentially, night terrors, or really, really bad nightmares