Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ready to discover the unexplained.

CuriousTeen

TL;DR version:

-Curious + clueless guy wants someone to guide him on the path of discovering the mystic. To be specific: I hope someone can explain the weird things section below, and also suggest a program/regimen for me to start learning. I am interested in increasing my (supernatural) physical and mental abilities, eg pyro/tele/whateverkinesis (to prove that they are real, and even use them to make myself feel awesome), meditation, channeling of energy and healing (for improving my quality of life), self-defense techniques (for protecting myself and the ones I care about). There are probably other fields of study out there, feel free to suggest as long as the techniques involved do not force any people/other things into obedience, nor hurt them.

-Would prefer fields of study which do no harm to myself and others while in the course of pursuing the unknown.

-Will keep a log of my experiences if **** is not a hoax. Not publicized unless with prior consent from teacher.

-I will agree to study under rules that the teacher sets before I start on the program if I deem them acceptable. If not, I'll just look for another program to pursue.

-How can you trust me? Frankly, I have no idea. Just teach me some stuff that isn't sensitive...

-Why no publicized proof yet of paranormal experiences? The Bermuda Triangle, Marie Celeste (or whatever I spell that) are the only widely known examples of this I have found yet. Wikipedia denies any involvement with paranormal activity though. Frustating as hell.

Hello. I am a teen guy., and frankly I am here because I admit the concept of paranormal experiences is intriguing. I stumbled on this site while I was googling some guy called the Master of Java who could apparently control electricity with his body. My motivation for discovering more is curiosity, and hope that I may be able to do something interesting and beneficial. As corny and fake as it sounds, I actually believe that I am a good person and I would like to improve life not only for myself, but for others as well. I have made some mistakes in the past that I regret and frankly I don't know if this is one of them - everything I have learned up to this point leads me to be quite skeptic of the concept of...weird stuff. Currently I am on a path to improve myself both physically and mentally, so I thought to myself ah fuark it, I won't lose anything but a few hours of time if it turns out to be a great stinking hoax...but on the flip side, the benefits would be so staggeringly huge, so sure it's worth taking a gamble!

Weird things which have happened to me:

1. My first memory was of waking up when I was 3 years old. I don't remember the date. From my hazy recollections, I just remember waking up in the front room of my house, once my bedroom and now a storeroom. I did not wonder why I was here. I just walked downstairs and greeted my parents. And after that, my life has continued until now. I literally have zero recollections of before that. My parents show me photos, take me to my old home...but I don't remember anything. Not how my parents taught me to talk. Not how I took my first step. I feel a little empty when I think of the lost memories of my first years.

2. I have the weirdest coincidences happen to me - lately, most of them involve my crush.. I confessed to her twice without realizing it, under freakish circumstances, the first time before I even started having a crush on her. It took a while to clean that particular mess up, as I am not yet ready to confess! I keep bumping into my crush unintentionally. When I think things are going right between us and I might start being friends with her, I mange to do something REALLY awkward and we are back to square one or worse. It is as if fate is throwing us together, then pulling us apart just to watch the ensuing confusion. Now I am very confused and awkward around her because I don't know what to do. I just hide behind a cold exterior and pray I don't manage to p*** her off even more than I already have.

3. I have had several experiences where I barely pushed through/got very lucky. Let's just say that some of these things could have altered my life significantly, possibly not for the better if I had not succeeded. However, I seem to be an unlucky person in general. But in situations where it's do-or-die, occasionally literally, I pushed through. For now.

4. Once I tried to make a Ki Ball or something of that variety, I could feel a faint tingling in my hands although that might just be due to me concentrating hard on feelings in that part of my body. Got bored and gave up easily, thought it was a hoax and left it at that.

5. My instincts are TERRIBLE. I have a freakishly high percentage of times when I felt something was going to be JUST RIGHT. Then everything went wrong horribly. Or the other way around. In short, my feelings turn out to be wrong a large number of the time.

6. I sometimes have a sense of deja vu. I don't really know how to describe it. It is as if I sort of know what is going to happen next, or have been doing this before.

7. I seem to find there is a balance between good luck and bad luck in my life. I may have a lucky streak, but then my day gets terrible. The opposite is true - I never seem to have a period where I get a neverending streak of bad luck/good luck.

The biggest obstacle standing between me and acceptance of unexplained stuff is the lack of evidence. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me how to remove this doubt. There are a literal forkload of firsthand accounts involving paranormal activity on the internet but there just doesn't seem to be any substantial proof. One would think with the insane amount of paranormal happenings, at least some of them would have been made public. But so far there is just a bunch of debunked myths. Maybe it is as you say - the only way to find out is first hand experience. Which is why I even bothered writing this huge ass wall of text in the first place.

Edited by CuriousTeen

Most people don't remember things before 3 years old.

People do things with their crushes all the time w/o expecting it due to stress they feel around them.

You're not unlucky just young and going through life experiences.

you felt flood blow to your hands as you were focusing on them.

Your feelings are wrong because again, you're young.

Deja vu is because a lot of life experiences are similar to each other

In life things tend to balance out in the big picture

Welcome to the forums,

Regarding 2 and 5, as well as regarding which psychic abilities you might be most fluent in if you practised them or found channels to open yourself up to them, I can give a reading about it, astrology reading. I can also probably prove you that working astrology isn't just a myth there, too. And if so, then you may probably see how some deja vu happenings and coincidences may becoming from the same source where we take the astrological knowledge from. If you're in, send me your birthtime (day, month, year) in a private message and I give you a reading. Also birthhour and town & country if you have but they aren't necessary, just give a more accurate reading.

I remember being about that age and getting a bunch of marbles and putting them on a flat table and then concentrating to try to make one of them move, even a little bit, using only "mental energy."

I think the difference between those who think they have powers beyond the norm and the skeptic is a matter of self-honesty.

Also getting the crap kicked out of you in a fight after magic doesn't work.

.....that's how it happened for 6 year old me anyways

My advice to you, Curious, is to start drinking heavily.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies! It seems the community here is quite interesting - been browsing through a few other threads and I see that some of you believe in the paranormal, some of you construct rational hypothesis for most things. How do you guys get along so well? Usually when I see these two type of people together...**** happens.

if you ever see the looney tunes cartoon where the dog and Wile E Coyote fight each other, then punch the time clock and go off being buddies

it's like that, only with more lizard people

Edited by SkepticalB
  • Like 2

My advise is to keep an open mind and don't let others dissuade you into thinking you need to provide more than what you yourself personally experience. I think that it really is about ourselves and what we believe. The more you believe the more you will see what some would consider the paranormal happening in the physical world. If you have had your own experiences, don't let others convince you that they didn't happen because they don't believe you or think it's impossible. If it wasn't possible it wouldn't happen. Take notes, meditate, but don't go crazy with it. I think these things have a purpose. It may take time for us to see what it means to us as individuals, but always we should be balanced and be growing as a whole and well-rounded person, I do think that that should have a spiritual side, because it is a part of our nature but I think some people become unbalanced with it all. Negotiate regular life and the supernatural, aim toward growth as a person, a well rounded person. Figure out, or ponder what you want from life and go after it. If it is a better understanding of the paranormal I don't think there is anything wrong with that, but follow your gut instincts rather than others and their opinions.

meditation helps a lot and so does paying attention to everyday life, dreams, so called coincidences, synchronicities, etc...

also praying, ask to be lead in the right direction, you can be amazed if you allow yourself to be.

:)

cheers and good luck on your journey, I wish you the best!

• Like 1

One thing I would advise any your person would be to pay attention to mindfulness. This is a skill not often emphasized in the West, although breathing mindfulness is the beginning of many forms of meditation.

There are simple ways to be mindful, such as when you are driving and you are in the wrong lane blocking traffic, or are a pedestrian where you shouldn't be, or driving a car while thinking about other things. Learn to always know where you are, what is around you, how things are evolving.

A key is just simply noticing things. They don't have to be commented on and are generally best not commented on if they are less than flattering aspects of someone's behavior or personality, but you should nevertheless learn to notice who is honest and who is not, and so on, mindfully as data, not as judgments.

• Like 2

Mindfulness is often taught as being aware of what is going on in your mind, but remember that your mind is a part of the whole world and it must all be paid attention to.

Here is totally full proof instances to help educate you with what you are going through.

1: Luck,

2: coincidence,

3: bad luck I think,

4: the one where you were trying to do a 'Ki Ball' was real, after feeling that tingling focus all of your energy into your crotch, wait ten seconds, then release, creating a full on Kamehameha, I don't recommend using this indoors, also charging it up long enough creates the all mighty 'spirit bomb',

5: Bad luck or bad judgement,

6: Very repetitive actions, long enough doing the same thing creates this feeling, try some variety in your daily life.

7: karma, or Yin/Yang, I personally believe in Karma, and in balance so there you go.

EDIT: Just noticed this is my tenth post, feels good. :)

Edited by LXC2

Yeah, science does tend to explain a lot. Most of the freaky happenings in nature are probably explainable too...maybe we just haven't progressed far enough to do so lol

Just remember kid, there is nothing wrong with having an open mind... until your mind falls out.

Pay attention to the posts, and you'll get the hang of spotting the skeptics, the believers, and the charlatans.

Topic closed at original posters request.