Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama passes the Syria Ball to Congress

questionmark

WASHINGTON -- President Obama said Saturday that he believes the United States “should take military action” in response to last week’s chemical attack in Syria, but he will seek congressional approval for ordering a strike.

In a brief statement delivered in the White House Rose Garden, Obama said the U.S. military was prepared to launch a strike against the Syrian government, but that readiness was "not time sensitive."

Obama said he believes he has the authority to act without congressional approval, but asked lawmakers to weigh in and shoulder the responsibility for the decision.

Read more

So finally Obama can act without congressional approval. He's been itching to attack Assad for months now.

Seems like the chemical tragedy against civilians has had a profound emotional impact within Congress. I only hope his sources have undeniable proof that it was the Assad regime that was responsible. After all, you'd have to be pretty skeptical of a guy who's unmistakably assisted the rebel forces in the past and even gone to lengths in supplying Al Queda with weaponry as long as he was able to achieve his ultimate goal of overturning the Assad regime.

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 2

I don't think there is much question about who has the chemical weapons in Syria and who is ruthless enough and criminal and evil enough. We already have seen that.

• Like 1

I don't think there is much question about who has the chemical weapons in Syria and who is ruthless enough and criminal and evil enough. We already have seen that.

You mean Al Qaeda affiliated terrorists......yes I agree... :)

• Like 6

I see a scenario that though highly unlikely, would be interesting. Imagine if Congress votes down Obama, that would leave only the French as the "leader" of the free world to launch the attack and wag a finger at the rest of us immoral cowards. Anyone for cheese....

• Like 1

Congress needs some good press .. clever.

• Like 1

I personally think congress will vote not to get involved.

• Like 3

They may vote to not do anything militarily .. for now at least.. Maybe wait for the U.N report , and Obama's requested explanations, and get in another week's summer vacation..

but they WILL vote for some Sort of involvement .. this is the U.S. Congress we're talking about.

• Like 1

I personally think congress will vote not to get involved.

That's a pretty good bet given that the likes of Dennis Kusinich and Ted Cruz agree on not doing anything.

• Like 1

It largely will depend on whether Obama puts some political pressure on or continues playing golf.

• Like 1

I would really be surprised if congress backs him on this. Anything is possible but for congress to say yes when most of their voters are screaming NO! isn't likely, imo.

• Like 1

I would really be surprised if congress backs him on this. Anything is possible but for congress to say yes when most of their voters are screaming NO! isn't likely, imo.

Then Obama would have clearly demonstrated what he set out to prove two years ago: Congress is incapable of acting, even then when crimes against humanity are committed right in front of their eyes.

• Like 1

Then Obama would have clearly demonstrated what he set out to prove two years ago: Congress is incapable of acting, even then when crimes against humanity are committed right in front of their eyes.

It isnt necessarily congress's job to act. In fact with the will of the people being clear as day, its clearly thier job to restrain.

• Like 1

didn't you hear ? the government says syrian rebels been smuggling sarin gas in coke bottles :D

just when you think you heard it all .. our government gives you one more joke to laugh at

sarin gas in coke bottles which has :D

or even better .. syrian government claim they found sarin barrels with " made in saudia " on them in possession of rebels

imagin you're saudia .. you want to send sarin to armed groups .. you write on it " MADE IN SAUDIA !

sometimes i think this government is sooooo stupid

other times i think that the government think .. people are soooo stupid

but heck .. some people believe them .. woe to human intelligence

Edited by Knight Of Shadows

They may vote to not do anything militarily .. for now at least.. Maybe wait for the U.N report , and Obama's requested explanations, and get in another week's summer vacation..

but they WILL vote for some Sort of involvement .. this is the U.S. Congress we're talking about.

the UN report will say : chemical were used .. or not used

but it won't say " who used it " .. so that's a bummer and that was russia and syrian government condition

before they allow the inspectors in .. is that they only decide weather it was used or not .. not who used it

obama is not relying on that .. obama and usa intelligence got evidences

this evidence include : sattlite survillnace of where the missiles were launched " area under government control "

who launched it : troops of government more exact " the 4th squads in government military " stationed on " Qasuin Mountain "

to add to that .. USA intelligence also have evidence of phone calls between syrian governement army and generals

whom responsble to chemcial weapons prior to the attack and orders of attack

those are the facts obama is relying on .. not UN inspectors .. coz they're worthless and their existence is like their absenth

everyone already know chemcial were used .. they should inspect WHO used them .. but russia don't want to

that tells alot

Obama could be put out to dry on this one.

Hopefully.

• Like 3

the UN report will say : chemical were used .. or not used

but it won't say " who used it " .. so that's a bummer and that was russia and syrian government condition

before they allow the inspectors in .. is that they only decide weather it was used or not .. not who used it

this evidence include : sattlite survillnace of where the missiles were launched " area under government control "

who launched it : troops of government more exact " the 4th squads in government military " stationed on " Qasuin Mountain "

to add to that .. USA intelligence also have evidence of phone calls between syrian governement army and generals

those are the facts obama is relying on .. not UN inspectors .. coz they're worthless and their existence is like their absenth

everyone already know chemcial were used .. they should inspect WHO used them .. but russia don't want to

that tells alot

I think you are wrong there, they can tell which chemicals were used, if any and people think that will give us a clue on who used them. And also its UN mandate not Russia, to say if chemical weapons are used

I think you are wrong there, they can tell which chemicals were used, if any and people think that will give us a clue on who used them. And also its UN mandate not Russia, to say if chemical weapons are used

they will tell you what was the chemical used .. but will not tell you " who " used it

i know it's UN mandate but Russia and Syrian Regim made conditions

and among those conditions .. that the Inspectors will not investegate who used chemcial .. rather if it was used or not

the rebels declared full cooperation with the inspectors in any place they control .. and they did

they guided and protected the inspector into places in Gouta

but the Goverment is the one laying down countless impossiable conditions

and eventally the UN bowed down russia and government request

it seems like the whole world is bowing to russia

only in their dreams the syrian people will bow down to them

they will tell you what was the chemical used .. but will not tell you " who " used it

i know it's UN mandate but Russia and Syrian Regim made conditions

and among those conditions .. that the Inspectors will not investegate who used chemcial .. rather if it was used or not

the rebels declared full cooperation with the inspectors in any place they control .. and they did

they guided and protected the inspector into places in Gouta

but the Goverment is the one laying down countless impossiable conditions

and eventally the UN bowed down russia and government request

it seems like the whole world is bowing to russia

only in their dreams the syrian people will bow down to them

It was actually Russia who persuaded the Syrians to let them in

didn't you hear ? the government says syrian rebels been smuggling sarin gas in coke bottles :D

just when you think you heard it all .. our government gives you one more joke to laugh at

sarin gas in coke bottles which has :D

In the Subway Sarin attack in Japan....the sarin was contained in plasitic bags...

so I expect the 'rebels' and / or Al Qaeda affiliated terrorists could very well have smuggled it in, in coke bottles

http://en.wikipedia....he_Tokyo_subway

On Monday March 20, 1995, five members of Aum Shinrikyo launched a chemical attack on the Tokyo subway, one of the world's busiest commuter transport systems, at the peak of the morning rush hour. The chemical agent used, liquid sarin, was contained in plastic bags which each team then wrapped in newspaper. Each perpetrator carried two packets totaling approximately 900 millilitres of sarin, except Yasuo Hayashi, who carried three bags. Aum originally planned to spread the sarin as an aerosol but did not follow through with it. A single drop of sarin the size of a pinhead can kill an adult.

Carrying their packets of sarin and umbrellas with sharpened tips, the perpetrators boarded their appointed trains. At prearranged stations, the sarin packets were dropped and punctured several times with the sharpened tip of the umbrella.

• Like 1

It was actually Russia who persuaded the Syrians to let them in

yeah .. because they knew that Inspectors will make no differnce

after russia deal made sure their report won't differ from it's absenth

now after the report is out .. proved that WMD used .. then what

russia will claim it was rebels who used it .. then another investigation will take place

and it will take around 6 months between real investgation and between the syrian government allowing it in

and they will delay and make impossiable conditions to delay it further

you see russia and syrian government are playing on time element

and they think in their little twisted mind that they are able to finish .. what the failed to acomplish in 3 years

and that is to silence the syrian people and defeat the rebels

again .. that can only happen in their dreams

In the Subway Sarin attack in Japan....the sarin was contained in plasitic bags...

so I expect the 'rebels' and / or Al Qaeda affiliated terrorists could very well have smuggled it in, in coke bottles

http://en.wikipedia....he_Tokyo_subway

killing thirteen people ?

yeah .. good compare with killing 1500 .. are you serious ?

anyway i got nothing else to say to you

you call people who protect us .. you call my parents , friends , brothers and sisters terrorists

we will talk when those " terrorists " win our freedom despite of everyone opposing our revolution

then i shall remind you that those you called " terrorists " brought the governement on it's knees .. and tore our freedom from their stinky hands

untill then i have no desire for any further conversations with you insulting my people

i wish you well

killing thirteen people ?

yeah .. good compare with killing 1500 .. are you serious ?

anyway i got nothing else to say to you

you call people who protect us .. you call my parents , friends , brothers and sisters terrorists

we will talk when those " terrorists " win our freedom despite of everyone opposing our revolution

then i shall remind you that those you called " terrorists " brought the governement on it's knees .. and tore our freedom from their stinky hands

untill then i have no desire for any further conversations with you insulting my people

i wish you well

makes no matter how many people died.

If Mitt Romney was President he would of attack Syria and Iran by now

those are the facts obama is relying on ..

Obama has no facts that actually prove anything...just very weak circumstantial 'evidence'...

I sincerely hope that Congress do not allow any attack on Assad positions.

As this would be tantamount to aiding and abetting Al Qaeda terrorists.

What a ridiculous situation.

• Like 1

makes no matter how many people died.

If Mitt Romney was President he would of attack Syria and Iran by now

lol we wish that george bush was president now

but that's selfish of us :D

obama is doing the best " for his people " and i respect that actually

it's against usa interest to interfer in syria and obama reliaze that

he was just pushed into it by our gov stupidity and using chemcial

as for " it doesn't matter " how many died

it does matter .. there are more potent forms of that gas .. mixed with other materials

to make it more lethal .. which requires factories unlike stuff that amatuers can create