Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange Guy on Tv

lb7772

Ok, first I just want to say that I don't think that what I'm about to talk about was really what I thought was going on, but this is the internet and I want to see if anyone might have experienced something similar to this before.

I was about 10 years old at the time ( I'm 21 now ). Me and my friend were at his house late at night ( ~2 a.m. ) channel surfing because there was nothing on. We landed on some random channel with a guy just sitting there looking at the camera. We sat there and watched for a minute and the guy was just looking into the camera, no one was saying anything. Then the guy said, "well go ahead I'm ready" and then waited for a response. Me and my friend looked at each other like "wtf?". A few seconds later he said something along the lines of "go on, ask me anything". So, being silly kids, we said to the tv, "are you gay?". Immediately the guy smiled and said something like " I'm afraid not, sorry. Anything else?". Me and my friend immediately freaked out and changed the channel because it really seemed like the guy was responding directly to us. After a few mintues we decided to turn back to the channel, and when we did the guy was still sitting there looking into the camera and he said, "oh, you're back". That's when we really freaked and shut the tv off. This was well before the age of smart tv's, etc. There's no way we could have been connected over the internet or anything.

So basically I'm wondering whether anyone experienced something weird like this before? Again, I really just think it was a coincidence but it seemed strange that the guy responded immediately, seemed to know what we were asking him, and even seemed to greet us when we turned back to that channel. Any thoughts?

Also, I apologize if I'm in the wrong area posting this or if this is a waste of space ( Never posted on here before ).

• Like 1

Ok, first I just want to say that I don't think that what I'm about to talk about was really what I thought was going on, but this is the internet and I want to see if anyone might have experienced something similar to this before.

I was about 10 years old at the time ( I'm 21 now ). Me and my friend were at his house late at night ( ~2 a.m. ) channel surfing because there was nothing on. We landed on some random channel with a guy just sitting there looking at the camera. We sat there and watched for a minute and the guy was just looking into the camera, no one was saying anything. Then the guy said, "well go ahead I'm ready" and then waited for a response. Me and my friend looked at each other like "wtf?". A few seconds later he said something along the lines of "go on, ask me anything". So, being silly kids, we said to the tv, "are you gay?". Immediately the guy smiled and said something like " I'm afraid not, sorry. Anything else?". Me and my friend immediately freaked out and changed the channel because it really seemed like the guy was responding directly to us. After a few mintues we decided to turn back to the channel, and when we did the guy was still sitting there looking into the camera and he said, "oh, you're back". That's when we really freaked and shut the tv off. This was well before the age of smart tv's, etc. There's no way we could have been connected over the internet or anything.

So basically I'm wondering whether anyone experienced something weird like this before? Again, I really just think it was a coincidence but it seemed strange that the guy responded immediately, seemed to know what we were asking him, and even seemed to greet us when we turned back to that channel. Any thoughts?

Also, I apologize if I'm in the wrong area posting this or if this is a waste of space ( Never posted on here before ).

Reminds me of Chat Roulette

Reminds me of Chat Roulette

Not really, the man wasn't touching himself innapropriately...

• Like 3

seems like a case of you memory being changed in the decade plus sense then, coupled w/ some guy messing w/ people on a cable access channel

• Like 3

What is with these stories when they are children? If every person had Photographic memory then it be a different story. It brings to people forgetting it was a dream or saw on tv and they mix up the story a bit.

• Like 2

Yeah, it seems like a lot of people are making more off anything popular. Slenderman, "The Pocket", hell, there was even about 2-3 months where Pokemon creepypasta spread like wildfire after a pretty good one about hacking with a gameshark was made. Snow on Mt. Silver, or Pokemon Silver (lost) or something. So, one can only suspect OP just wrote a quick little fiction-story and decided to post it here for giggles.

Edited by Akanatsu

What's "The Pocket"?

I swear if any of you say that its where your wallet goes I'll start believing in telekinesis and mind punch you

• Like 2

What's "The Pocket"?

I swear if any of you say that its where your wallet goes I'll start believing in telekinesis and mind punch you

According to the creepy pasta, it's a skinny, pale creature that moves like Smeagle from LotR, but he stalks his prey and then mauls them. Y'know, run of the mill creepypasta about something that kills people. Whoops, wrong creepypasta. It's something that was stuck in a cave, or a mine, or something, and it kills people to be "free", and apparently some kind of beast. Still, run of the mill creepypasta.

Edited by Akanatsu

Yeah, The Rake is the first one I was thinking of. Here's some dude reading it, with sound effects and stuff. I found his readings of the creepypasta to be actually kind of amusing. Spent a good 3-4 maybe 5 hours listening to them while doing other stuff.

well, looks like another night of possible productivity lost to my interest in urban legends.

CUUUUURSE YOUUUU HOBBBBIIIIIIIIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

If it was true then it might've been someone showing a cheap home made video diary of someone pretending to speak to you but they're not.

Very strange... even if it was a coincidence and some sort of show was being broadcast right at that exact time, it adds to the spookiness that he 'answered' your questions... not to mention that it was dark and 2AM (which always makes for a spooky atmosphere)... This is an excellent story and not the normal 'I saw a ghost in my closet'. Have you talked to your friend lately to see what his recollections are? It would be interesting to compare notes after all these years.

I remember years ago a local cable access show where a guy wore a grim reaper type Halloween mask with hood.He would talk

about things like how when he eats Peanut Butter it would get stuck in his rotten teeth.

A couple a years ago me,and a friend were watching TV around midnightish.A Dodge Ram commercial came on.At the end

when the slogan was about to be said the screen got a little static,and a deep voice said "Grab life by the HOOORRRNS."

We looked at each other,and I said "Someone is bored at the station tonight".LOL!

To whoever posted the youtube video of the guy reading scary stories...i no longer have a job, my fiance left me, and I'm homeless....thanks the videos were worth it

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I almost said something about pockets.