Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boy In The Corner

AwkwardTurtles66

So judging by the title I put it might seem like a stereotypical experience report. But I don't think it really is...

There is this boy, I'm not sure whether or not it's a spirit, demon, ghost, whatever. But he is very tall, has black hair, yellow eyes. He always wears a purple hoodie, with the same shoes. Most of the time his hood is pulled up.

He stands in the corner of my room a lot, and sometimes he's in my dreams. In the dreams he's the overprotective one.

I am not the only one that sees him, sometimes my best friend also sees him. But he doesn't like her very much. Whenever she stays over at my house she's scared and always makes me sleep next to her, because he tells her to get out, and bangs on walls, or just tries to hurt her.

A lot of the time he sits at the edge of my bed, or strokes my hair, or touches my stomach. Sometimes it's weird, scary, or comforting. A lot of the time I can catch him out of the corner of my eye, just staring at me and watching me.

What really confuses me is how he only says "wait for me." Of course other than telling my friend to get out.

He actually listens to me though. If I tell him to stop he does. It's just so weird. And this might add into the equation that my eyes turn yellow, just like his sometimes.

Next time you see him, take a photo and post here, or it did not happen.

• Like 1

It sounds like a reoucurring nightmare/dream and your friend's experiences are based on buying into your story and her fear getting the better of her, and/or

she's attracted to you and is taking the opportunity to share a bed with you.

Sounds like you've concocted an imaginary boyfriend since it appears you are at that age and starting to "blossom". He is sensual with you and listens to you, just like you would like a real boy to be.

• Like 1

I would add my voice to the "Please post a photograph of this apparition." crowd

Remember, if you can see it, it can be photographed. All that "ghosts don't show up on photo's" nonsense is just...well, nonsense.

And I forgot to add: welcome to UM, hope you enjoy it here! :)

Edited by Leonardo

Everyone really got off topic here didn't they?

I didn't think anyone thought of this but, he never said if he was a girl or a boy, hell if she's a girl he could be a lovable vampire, we all know they are fast as lightning.... there one second gone the next, suggestion read twilight, after that burn the book on a sacrifice alter. Appease the god's for reading such a mistake to humanity.

I assumed it was a girl, because they were saying they had a friend who stayed the nights with them who was also a female. And given that most friends who do that are of the same gender, and the nature of the boy being protective of them against the girl,means they probably weren't gay.

..also on a less Holmesian level, their gender says female.

Sorry, I don't check out as much as you do. But I mean there are plenty close guy girl relationships that are as close as that but totally friendly. And if you really think about this it is pretty creepy.

EDIT: I am a guy so I am more attuned to think of someone who I do not know whose gender they are, to think of them as a guy.

Edited by LXC2

Oh, its ridiculously creepy. Someone believing they have a phantom boyfriend?

God help us if stephanie meyer reads this thread

• Like 1

Well, if you think about it that way, please go get the vest I'll hold her down, but if you think of it paranormal (not saying I believe in paranormal crap) ya. Its kind of creepy, haven't heard of a ghost as buddy-buddy as that, and no Casper isn't no freaking ghost.

Edited by LXC2

he never said if he was a girl or a boy,

Actually she did.

0m3w.jpg

Lets, just say for my sake, that that was just done. Otherwise I was just stupid enough not to look there. .-.

Remember, if you can see it, it can be photographed. All that "ghosts don't show up on photo's" nonsense is just...well, nonsense.

Those statements seem to be based on a fairly drastic assumption: that ghosts can only "appear" by physically reflecting light, like any normal, corporeal object. Aren't ghosts generally reported to be non-corporeal things, capable of walking through walls or vanishing in an instant? Why do you assume a hypothesized non-corporeal entity would interact physically with light and only light?

Those statements seem to be based on a fairly drastic assumption: that ghosts can only "appear" by physically reflecting light, like any normal, corporeal object. Aren't ghosts generally reported to be non-corporeal things, capable of walking through walls or vanishing in an instant? Why do you assume a hypothesized non-corporeal entity would interact physically with light and only light?

Hello, Avallaine, welcome to UM. :st

Well, if the apparition was non-corporeal and non-reactive to light, we wouldn't be able to see it. Cameras work in exactly the same way our eyes do - they capture light and process that into images.

• Like 1

Hello, Avallaine, welcome to UM. :st

Thank you, glad to be here!

Well, if the apparition was non-corporeal and non-reactive to light, we wouldn't be able to see it. Cameras work in exactly the same way our eyes do - they capture light and process that into images.

Certainly, some ghost reports (and a few rare photos) suggest ghosts can interact with light in a physical way; but other reports--those of ghosts that cast no shadow, those that are of nothing but a shadow, those of images seen by some people present while others beside them see nothing, etc.--seem to indicate that ghosts are not always "seen" by physical means.

I think it would be more accurate to say "If you can see it, you might be able to photograph it." If ghosts exist as objective phenomena, their very non-corporeal nature means that we have no idea how (or how often) they interact with the physical world; assuming they must or must not always behave one way or the other seems to be making an unwarranted assumption.

if something isn't seen by a physical mean, then It's seen by a mental one, such as a hallucination.

To that extend I agree with you.

You can't photograph hallucinations.

Certainly, a hallucination is one example of things "seen" non-physically...dreams are another (and more common) one.

Closer to the issue of ghosts is the idea of "auras"--which, if they exist, are almost never claimed to physically reflect light, but are nevertheless registered in visual terms by percipients.

If non-corporeal spiritual entities exist as reported, then presumably they are sometimes able to physically interact with light (if they can physically move objects or slam doors, I don't doubt they can sometimes bounce photons around), but in other cases--particularly those where only some can "see" them--I imagine they appear in some other, less understood fashion that merely translates as visual information in the mind of the beholder.

Well the poster of this was obviously a hit and run, pack it up boys, lets try on the next one.