Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boy In The Corner

AwkwardTurtles66

Thank you, glad to be here!

Certainly, some ghost reports (and a few rare photos) suggest ghosts can interact with light in a physical way; but other reports--those of ghosts that cast no shadow, those that are of nothing but a shadow, those of images seen by some people present while others beside them see nothing, etc.--seem to indicate that ghosts are not always "seen" by physical means.

I think it would be more accurate to say "If you can see it, you might be able to photograph it." If ghosts exist as objective phenomena, their very non-corporeal nature means that we have no idea how (or how often) they interact with the physical world; assuming they must or must not always behave one way or the other seems to be making an unwarranted assumption.

***Pedant Alert for the following post***

"Seeing" is the process by which light enters the eye, is converted into an electro-chemical signal and passes from there into the optic nerve and into the brain, where the image is processed. If someone is aware of an image of something and the eyes/optic-nerve pathway are not involved in the producing of that image then, technically, that person has not "seen" anything.

So, the statement I made that "if it can be seen, it can be photographed" is precisely true in this respect.

***Pedant Alert over***

:P

Edited by Leonardo

So, the statement I made that "if it can be seen, it can be photographed" is precisely true in this respect.

***Pedant Alert over***

:P

:rolleyes:

I believe that falls into the the "true, but misleading" category. But yes, I see perceive your point.