Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

genesis made simple

danielost

In genesis chapter one, god builds the stage. The earth, stars, moon, and the sun. He designs the props, plant life. He hires the main acters humans and the supporting acters, animal life.

In chapter two god makes and places, the main character, adam. Then he places the props in a garden. Then he makes and places the supporting acters. Then he places eve, to walk with adam.

The key to this is,

Genesis 2:5 (KJV)

And every plant of the field before it was in the

earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for

the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the

earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

https://www.bible.com/search?category=bible&page=2&q=genesis&version_id=1

So you see adam and eve were made to be equals.

• Like 1

It's two separate stories linked together by post-exile scribes, but mutually contradicting each other. Read them carefully.

• Like 3

No, that is what you want it to be. What says is god made everything in spirit form first and then made it in an order that you can't stomach.

• Like 1

That is a funny way to get around the obvious. God did it in spurt first one way and then in reality a second time. It really is too funny, and I have to ask why?

I like the the story the Earth tells us, as we dig up her secretes and put together the bones.

:rolleyes:

• Like 4

There are more than one way to read that story. For instance it is now accpeted that an astriod destroyed the dinos. The only problem is the dinos are buried beneath the so called k-boundry. This means that the dinos all died before the astroid hit, otherwise there would be dinos buried in that boundry.

How ever if the was a world wide flood, where the ocean changed beds over the single continet it would be like putting soil in a glass of water and shake it. The k-boundry being less dense would end up on top of the much denser dino bones.

http://www.bible.ca/tracks/tracks.htm

Haven't any of you ever wondered why all of the plate are moving away from the atlantic. Not from the rock that hit mexico.

Edited by danielost
  • Like 1

Well I read your first paragraph and about fell out of my chair laughing. The dinosaurs were on this Earth for several hundred million years, and the record of all that time is before (under) the Cretaceous meteor event.

I can believe how a church like the Mormons can thrive with people around as misinformed as you are.

• Like 4

Haven't any of you ever wondered why all of the plate are moving away from the atlantic. Not from the rock that hit mexico.

I'll probably regret this. But could you expand and clarify this bit, please?

There are more than one way to read that story. For instance it is now accpeted that an astriod destroyed the dinos. The only problem is the dinos are buried beneath the so called k-boundry. This means that the dinos all died before the astroid hit, otherwise there would be dinos buried in that boundry.

How ever if the was a world wide flood, where the ocean changed beds over the single continet it would be like putting soil in a glass of water and shake it. The k-boundry being less dense would end up on top of the much denser dino bones.

http://www.bible.ca/tracks/tracks.htm

I've always suspected that you were getting your info from sites like this, it explains a lot as to why you're so misinformed.

Go to the bottom of the page you linked, click on Go To Start: www.bible.ca, go down the new page to Systems of False Doctrine: and click on 6. Mormonism Exposed, read what they have to say then see if you want to use their site for your info.

Edited by Odin11
  • Like 1

When looking for valid info i try to find non biased sources, not always easy to do. And not all sites are transparent, so i often find myself researching a site to determine whether there . Is a hidden agenda, or not so hidden. For instance, Project for the New American Century. The name says nothinv about the organization,but the list of founding members tells us a lot. I think we all give in to confirmation bias every now and then, but that rarely serves us well. Gonna checkout the Project website to see what those folks are up to.

Well I read your first paragraph and about fell out of my chair laughing. The dinosaurs were on this Earth for several hundred million years, and the record of all that time is before (under) the Cretaceous meteor event.

I can believe how a church like the Mormons can thrive with people around misinformed as you are.

Your correct, but you are also wrong. There were three ages of dinos. The last age ending supposedly when that astroid hit. But, as the I said there are no dino bones in the k-boundry. You need to learn more.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/13/130212--chicxulub-asteroid-dinosaurs-volcano-mass-extinction-environment-science/

Your correct, but you are also wrong. There were three ages of dinos. The last age ending supposedly when that astroid hit. But, as the I said there are no dino bones in the k-boundry. You need to learn more.

Well there were three broad ages. That is an irrelevant detail to your claim.

The last age lasted for several tens of millions of years. Why do you think there should be bones from the boundary? I have to say that your response floors me with both its ignorance and its arrogance, to the point that I wonder if yo

John Calvin, the greatest systematic thinker in the protestant tradition, wrote in the 16th century that Genesis did not reflect the facts of physics and astronomy but described the creation of the earth for the benefit of ancient Hebrew scholars who had no understanding of science. Now this in itself proves nothing, but this man was no modern scientist, but a 16th century theologian, and even he could see that Genesis could in no way be taken literally

• Like 6

It's two separate stories linked together by post-exile scribes, but mutually contradicting each other. Read them carefully.

It is two separate creations given by God to Moses. The Sixth Day was the creation of Gen (meaning: beginning) tiles (meaning: baked pieces of clay). God (Elohim - triune godhead) narrates the six days of creation week.

Day Eight was the creation of Adam (the first Israelite). Narrated to Moses as Jehovah (One) in Adam's creation. This is how Jews mostly know God a Jehovah. The Garden of Eden is where Jerusalem is today. The cursed ground is the very spot Jesus hung on the cross. When God curses something or someone it is cursed forever. Never changes. And when God blesses something, it is not temporary. The blessing is forever. God is all knowing. He would know not to bless something He was later going to curse. He blessed male and female (Gentiles) to multiply.

Read Genesis again. All animals were NOT cursed or therefore had to go through a mighty transformation to make some of them carnivorous with changed digestive tracts to accommodate meat. If they did go through this transformation, the scriptures are silent about it. All the earth was not cursed. All mankind was not cursed.

The serpent was cursed above all animals. That curse is still true today. People shiver and despise the serpent more than any other animal. It is still cursed. The spot where the serpent beguiled Eva was cursed. This most cursed spot of ground is the appropriate cursed spot where Jesus hung on the cross to pay for the sins of His people. All mankind was not cursed. Eva was given SORROW at CONCEPTION. Her descendants (the Jews) would always be hated, persecuted, and killed. There is usually 9 months from conception to child birth. You can hear Jewish women on TV even today lamenting their conception of bringing a child into this hate filled world. Hate for Jews, that is. Eva was not given pain at childbirth. It was sorrow at conception.

By one man, (Lucifer), sin entered. If it entered by eating the fruit which gave them the knowledge of good and evil - - - - - - then it entered by one woman NOT one man.

Adam is a foreshadow of Jesus Christ. (Romans 5:14) He can't be both a foreshadow of Jesus and the person by whom sin entered.

Eva is therefore a foreshadow of the Bride, the church. She came from Adam's side. The Bride of Christ came from the wound in Jesus' side. Eva gave us the knowledge of good and evil. The church gives the knowledge of good and evil through the scriptures. Adam died for his bride while she was in sin of disobedience and nakedness and was not ashamed; just as Jesus died for His Bride.

God is the same yesterday, today and forever. Incest has always been a sin. Adam said for the man to get a wife he must LEAVE FATHER AND MOTHER. That means they couldn't marry a sister. Cain married a Gentile. Adams other sons had to also marry Gentiles. Gentiles church was grafted into the Jewish religion via Jesus.

This a vast subject. I have touched on a few elements of it.

God bless

Edited by Copen

God bless

You have obviously made an immense intellectual investment in believing all this, and the response, quite naturally, is ridicule. You will of course view this as persecution, but you do not see what a train wreck your whole system is of rationalizations and illogic and piety gone sour.

I have no interest in getting into this with you in detail. Been there, done that. Just try to realize how others see it.

• Like 3

It is two separate creations given by God to Moses. The Sixth Day was the creation of Gen (meaning: beginning) tiles (meaning: baked pieces of clay). God (Elohim - triune godhead) narrates the six days of creation week.

Day Eight was the creation of Adam (the first Israelite). Narrated to Moses as Jehovah (One) in Adam's creation. This is how Jews mostly know God a Jehovah. The Garden of Eden is where Jerusalem is today. The cursed ground is the very spot Jesus hung on the cross. When God curses something or someone it is cursed forever. Never changes. And when God blesses something, it is not temporary. The blessing is forever. God is all knowing. He would know not to bless something He was later going to curse. He blessed male and female (Gentiles) to multiply.

Read Genesis again. All animals were NOT cursed or therefore had to go through a mighty transformation to make some of them carnivorous with changed digestive tracts to accommodate meat. If they did go through this transformation, the scriptures are silent about it. All the earth was not cursed. All mankind was not cursed.

The serpent was cursed above all animals. That curse is still true today. People shiver and despise the serpent more than any other animal. It is still cursed. The spot where the serpent beguiled Eva was cursed. This most cursed spot of ground is the appropriate cursed spot where Jesus hung on the cross to pay for the sins of His people. All mankind was not cursed. Eva was given SORROW at CONCEPTION. Her descendants (the Jews) would always be hated, persecuted, and killed. There is usually 9 months from conception to child birth. You can hear Jewish women on TV even today lamenting their conception of bringing a child into this hate filled world. Hate for Jews, that is. Eva was not given pain at childbirth. It was sorrow at conception.

By one man, (Lucifer), sin entered. If it entered by eating the fruit which gave them the knowledge of good and evil - - - - - - then it entered by one woman NOT one man.

Adam is a foreshadow of Jesus Christ. (Romans 5:14) He can't be both a foreshadow of Jesus and the person by whom sin entered.

Eva is therefore a foreshadow of the Bride, the church. She came from Adam's side. The Bride of Christ came from the wound in Jesus' side. Eva gave us the knowledge of good and evil. The church gives the knowledge of good and evil through the scriptures. Adam died for his bride while she was in sin of disobedience and nakedness and was not ashamed; just as Jesus died for His Bride.

God is the same yesterday, today and forever. Incest has always been a sin. Adam said for the man to get a wife he must LEAVE FATHER AND MOTHER. That means they couldn't marry a sister. Cain married a Gentile. Adams other sons had to also marry Gentiles. Gentiles church was grafted into the Jewish religion via Jesus.

God bless

:cry: Reading this ^ and trying to reconcile it with my readings of genesis, killed off about a thousand brain cells.

IF, the story of genesis, is taken as a factual account ( and from the number of people who believe it as literal truth, that seems to be the consensus), then there were only two humans created by god for the garden (Adam & eve; three if you count Lilith). Where then, did these "gentile" women come from for Cain & Abel to marry?

But if you claim that the story of genesis is an allegorical tale, meant to explain the condition of man on Earth, then the whole cosmology of the Torah ( and the bible) as 'truth' is called into question.

I am always amazed at how flexible true believers can make their holy book. It is factual truth, parable, and allegory, to suit the outlook of the believer, as needed. And let us not allow logic to muddy the waters, where faith is concerned..

• Like 4

I don't know that believers in Adam and Eve as literal figures is the consensus, if you include Asia in your calculations. Logic and reason are the enemies of faith, and when faith prevails you have dark ages.

• Like 4

One major problem Copen - the Garden of Eden is described as being near the Tigris and Euphrates, known as Mesopotamia in those days and now known as Iraq. There's a sizable amount of distance between Jerusalem and Baghdad.

I also find it funny that supporters of a literal interpretation of Biblical creation have to invoke evolution to explain the diversity of post-diluvian life. :P

Copen, your wrong god can and has lifted curses. When the jews went into slavery to babylon, that was a curse. When they went home that was the removel of the curse. In fact when ever the isrealites were removed from the promised land it was a curse.

One major problem Copen - the Garden of Eden is described as being near the Tigris and Euphrates, known as Mesopotamia in those days and now known as Iraq. There's a sizable amount of distance between Jerusalem and Baghdad.

I also find it funny that supporters of a literal interpretation of Biblical creation have to invoke evolution to explain the diversity of post-diluvian life. :P

Mormons believe it is in the usa.

Mormons believe it is in the usa.

Mormons also have special underwear to keep them 'holy'. Not ridiculing, simply pointing out that yours is the only Christian religion (as far as I'm aware), that professes that particular viewpoint. Even the most avid, dyed-in-the-wool holy rollers agree that Eden was 'somewhere' in the middle east.

:cry: Reading this ^ and trying to reconcile it with my readings of genesis, killed off about a thousand brain cells.

IF, the story of genesis, is taken as a factual account ( and from the number of people who believe it as literal truth, that seems to be the consensus), then there were only two humans created by god for the garden (Adam & eve; three if you count Lilith). Where then, did these "gentile" women come from for Cain & Abel to marry?

But if you claim that the story of genesis is an allegorical tale, meant to explain the condition of man on Earth, then the whole cosmology of the Torah ( and the bible) as 'truth' is called into question.

I am always amazed at how flexible true believers can make their holy book. It is factual truth, parable, and allegory, to suit the outlook of the believer, as needed. And let us not allow logic to muddy the waters, where faith is concerned..

Cain and abel didn't marry gentiles they married their sisters. By the way able didn't have any children. You also should know that abraham married his half sister and isaic and jacob married cousins. It wasn't until the isrealites left eygupt did it become a law about not marring your sister. I believe this was because of how few were living then.

Mormons also have special underwear to keep them 'holy'. Not ridiculing, simply pointing out that yours is the only Christian religion (as far as I'm aware), that professes that particular viewpoint. Even the most avid, dyed-in-the-wool holy rollers agree that Eden was 'somewhere' in the middle east

:-)

The holy under wear is worn to remind us to do the right thing. Nothing more than that.

At one point in history, your holey warriers knew the earth was flat and the sun orbited the earth. Just because most people believe something doesn't make it right.

Edited by danielost

:-)

The holy under wear is worn to remind us to do the right thing. Nothing more than that.

At one point in history, your holey warriers knew the earth was flat and the sun orbited the earth. Just because most people believe something doesn't make it right.

By George! I think he's got it! I definitely have to put this one in the running for my new quote of the year.

:yes:

• Like 2