Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My favorite pasta

TheVeryFirstDinosaur

You’d be surprised at how certain things trigger these subconscious responses from deep inside you. Involuntary cues that bubble to the surface whenever that certain thing strikes that precise note. For me it was the creak of that damn door. It’d drive me insane, and no matter what I did, no matter how hard I tried, it would never be silent… And just like that, it became a part of my life. Ingrained in my mind, the sound would haunt me from the day we first moved in. I haven’t slept completely for three years because of it.

Three years ago, give or take a month or so, Karen and I moved into our new apartment. The floor plan was simple, a bedroom that’s connected to a bathroom, a kitchen, living room, and designated washer room. Simple, yet effective… Moving in was one of my fondest memories. We ran around the mostly empty space for the majority of the first few hours. The hype of being free and independent in “our” own space was exhilarating. It was later that same night that I first noticed that creaking sound the door to the bathroom made when moved ever so slightly.

“God that’s a horrible sound,” I remember remarking, “The hinges probably need to be greased.”...

Read more at http://www.creepypas...Yl8xo1wtBEDV.99

Edited by kmt_sesh
Excessive copy & paste.
  • Like 1

A reminder to posters: Please avoid copying and pasting excessive material or entire web pages. There might be copyright issues, and a huge chunk of copied-and-pasted text is unlikely to be read, anyway.

Thanks much.

kmt_sesh

I agree with one of the commenters, I'm not a fan of the writing style. It makes it seem too contrived and fake, imo.

And I'd have put a latch on the outside of the door a long time ago.

Edited by QuiteContrary