Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could You Survive the End of the Universe?

Still Waters

Almost 14 billion years ago an incredible event took place. It was a giant explosion where everything began: matter, energy, time and even space itself. Our whole universe came into existence from a single point. What would it be like to live through the end of all that? It depends on whose theory you believe.

http://io9.com/could...erse-1224938109

hmmmmm

• Like 1

I don't know about surviving the end of the universe but Dr. Lawrence Krauss is a proponent of the theory that the universe arose from nothing due to quantum fluctuation basically because "nothing" is unstable. If the universe keeps expanding to the point where everything including sub atomic particle disintegrate there will be nothing left. Since "nothing" is unstable perhaps quantum fluctuation could then start it all over again and maybe we'll all be back again

• Like 2

Would it make my bus pass invalid?

• Like 8

I don't know about surviving the end of the universe but Dr. Lawrence Krauss is a proponent of the theory that the universe arose from nothing due to quantum fluctuation basically because "nothing" is unstable. If the universe keeps expanding to the point where everything including sub atomic particle disintegrate there will be nothing left. Since "nothing" is unstable perhaps quantum fluctuation could then start it all over again and maybe we'll all be back again

" If the universe keeps expanding to the point where everything including sub atomic particle disintegrate there will be nothing left." is the key .

the big bang is a singularity of location ... meaning it is quite small , much smaller than you might imagine .

action upon it comes in the function/form of change which is so profound as to be equaly more than you can imagine ...

but is infinite energy acting on a singularity of local relationship to itself only and of the nature of infinite space .

that is to say , its rate of change is only measured relitive to the infinite of space .

the expansion phase is limited to the period when time/ space is the single points ratio to infinity / eternity bound togather .

when the energy begins to convert to ratio's of location relitive to each local point , you have the formation of the base particles materials ... that is to say.... the singularity grows in size but is uniform in consistancy...

when single places that are not the same place start happening , you get the super subatomic thingys...

do not imagine that it is hot during the big bang , it is motion that is happening not heat .

also do not think of it as an explosion ... its more arrival than a departing .

so what you really have ... is energy being converted into matter ... or locations...

and that happens even today , energy is being changed into matter and location .

" If the universe keeps expanding to the point where everything including sub atomic particle disintegrate

there will be nothing left. " is kind of correct.... no energy will be left .... because it will all be converted in to quantum gravity .... or a field effect gravity that pulls all local points in to a single event location ....

and then when all matter in the universe is at the same spot... change will end .

.... all change will end....

time is change , so time will end... and time / space will end...

then the big bang will start the whole thing all over again... perfectly repeating every thing .

and we will read these words again... and again.... and again.... eternaly .

" If the universe keeps expanding to the point where everything including sub atomic particle disintegrate there will be nothing left." is the key .

the big bang is a singularity of location ... meaning it is quite small , much smaller than you might imagine .

action upon it comes in the function/form of change which is so profound as to be equaly more than you can imagine ...

but is infinite energy acting on a singularity of local relationship to itself only and of the nature of infinite space .

that is to say , its rate of change is only measured relitive to the infinite of space .

the expansion phase is limited to the period when time/ space is the single points ratio to infinity / eternity bound togather .

when the energy begins to convert to ratio's of location relitive to each local point , you have the formation of the base particles materials ... that is to say.... the singularity grows in size but is uniform in consistancy...

when single places that are not the same place start happening , you get the super subatomic thingys...

do not imagine that it is hot during the big bang , it is motion that is happening not heat .

also do not think of it as an explosion ... its more arrival than a departing .

so what you really have ... is energy being converted into matter ... or locations...

and that happens even today , energy is being changed into matter and location .

" If the universe keeps expanding to the point where everything including sub atomic particle disintegrate

there will be nothing left. " is kind of correct.... no energy will be left .... because it will all be converted in to quantum gravity .... or a field effect gravity that pulls all local points in to a single event location ....

and then when all matter in the universe is at the same spot... change will end .

.... all change will end....

time is change , so time will end... and time / space will end...

then the big bang will start the whole thing all over again... perfectly repeating every thing .

and we will read these words again... and again.... and again.... eternaly .

Yeah, what he said
  • Like 2

Ooops ... to answer your question .... all souls are with in the pattern of order at the big bangs arrival .

no soul or any time/space artifact may survive the last black hole or the pattern of the next big bang would be altered and a new pattern of order at the big bang moment would arrive from the infinitys of the void state which the big bang comes out of .

that is to say... you can listen to a tape recording of a song a billion times ....

but if you record the song as you listen to it ... distroy the master recording , and then record the song as you listen to it... and then distroy the master recording again , and then record the song as you listen to it... and then distroy the master recording another time , and then record the song as you listen to it... and then... well.... things just get out of hand... things can get pretty complex and messy... real fast ...

you won't make it 100 times... and a billions time is dreaming.... and to hear that song for an eternity is beyond even a really good imagination ....

...so.... nope , the end of the universe is pretty much a reset button... and no one gets out of this space time aware .

It may turn out that empty space contains an infinite amount of low-entropy energy (which would explain all the energy generated during Inflation), in which case even though the universe itself experiences heat death, life would be able to go on indefinitely.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say ... no, i don't think so.

• Like 3

It may turn out that empty space contains an infinite amount of low-entropy energy (which would explain all the energy generated during Inflation), in which case even though the universe itself experiences heat death, life would be able to go on indefinitely.

entropy is the activity of change being converted into the orderly occupation of space .... or....

high steam heat changes to lower water heat .... the water being more dencity for the given space .

conservation of energy requires that no energy was lost... only a change of motion problem ...

i should add that dark matter and dark energy are trans dimensional interfacing galaxy's... where only one of the two interfacing dimensions are either eternity/time/energy..... or .... infinity / space/ matter... or .... "ele" dimension .... or "psi" dimension.... or any one of the multitude of dimensions that your philosophy can but dream of .

• Like 1

The universe is like a big bubble you can create another one

• Like 1

The universe is like a big bubble you can create another one

a VERY BIG bubble

entropy is the activity of change being converted into the orderly occupation of space .... or....

high steam heat changes to lower water heat .... the water being more dencity for the given space .

conservation of energy requires that no energy was lost... only a change of motion problem ...

Are you just showing off your ignorance or do you have a point? I don't see where your post has anything to do with anything.
  • Like 1

Are you just showing off your ignorance or do you have a point? I don't see where your post has anything to do with anything.

I think sometimes ppl forget which side of the forum they are posting on =P

edit:

as for surviving.... I think there are sort of two questions to look at: 1) Can you survive UNTIL the end? and 2) Can you survive after the end?

From what I have read most theory says the end is, to put it scientifically, gazillions of years away. I don't think any organzied structures except maybe black dwarfs and a very few rocky planets will survive in their organized state for even one gazillion years. So, something as energetic and organized as a person almost certainly can not.

However, if you "magically" wormholed in or something like that and if you go with the Heat Death of the Universe theory then there basically would be almost nothing to hurt you. If you had a sweet space ship it almost seems like you would be safer then, than now.

http://en.wikipedia....of_the_universe

Actually I just reread through the Heat Death and I guess even black dwarfs would eventually disappear before the end.

Also, black dwarfs are a really neat idea: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_dwarf

Edited by cacoseraph
  • Like 3

yes

... but please , don't let me get in your way . please go on ... i am sure you have more to say on the explaination of your insight . the complex workings of your understanding .

don't let me interupt .

yes to showing off ignorance or yes to having a point

given you didnt give your point it hints more towards one than the other

• Like 2

theory is pretty much a personality bully battle , some bullys are bigger than others , but in the end , you have a schedule of event which will not change to fit theory ...

the galaxys we see in our night sky will in a few moments be gone , the microwave heat of the big bang will fade , and across the face of the deep , energy will continue to do as it has since the first moments of the bang .

what ever theory we might share will not change events .

the root of ignorance ... is " to look away , as to not see , to avoid evidence that might challange ones thinking or beleif system by ignoring it by willful not seeing . "

i will be willful in my seeking of evidence that changes my beleif system .

i activly discribe where others may look , to see where i have gone to follow a path less traveled .

i will not back away from a bully , because he is common or well fed on the bones of smaller bullys .

my seeking has shown a common form/function in creation . a pattern of how 'god' does things in reality .

its comicaly clear that time/space is a interface between two dimensions ... awareness is the dimension that results.

the bang is energy ... logicaly ... a crunch will end time/space and it will likly be a gravity well ( black hole . a black hole is a singularity of mass , great enought to prevent the escape of light from any object with in its " local event horizon" . the size of the horizon follows the square of the distance law , but has the form/function of a field of effect ,rather than ele-radiation /particle .... therfore is additive to other local event horizons .

like meny balls of liquid mercury on a thin film of rubber ... they do not just pull the location they are in... they pull the rubber down as well ...

collectivly , they will all come togather in the end ... as a logical out come.

Edited by onereaderone

When you say something is "comically clear" do you mean funny or are you like me a poor typist?

• Like 1

if you "magically" wormholed in or something like that

and if you go with the Heat Death of the Universe theory

then there basically would be almost nothing to hurt you.

If you had a sweet space ship it almost seems like you would be safer then, than now.

" If you had a sweet space ship ,it almost seems like you would be safer then, than now."

ah , there it is ... in concept any place you stand would be subject to the field of effect of the last black hole .

increase at the square of the distance ( as you get closer ) .... so you can never get near it....

but also the issue of time .

as long as you are in time space... there is time .

...or... change is time , your being is change ... so time continues.

time space can not "reset" as long as you are in there , looking at that last black hole...

and that hole is doing nothing but pulling you into it .

unless you jump out of time/space...into a diffrent dimension... the end can not happen with you still there.

When you say something is "comically clear" do you mean funny or are you like me a poor typist?

a good stand up comic , will get a laugh were ever he can find it .

communication is the meeting of the mind between two upon the meaning of a word .

if you arrive at the meaning , then communication was acheived .

if you struggle to understand the concepts of interfacing dimensions , then i can go thru a series of metaphors and models or behavior to explain .

in simpe terms... your body lives in space... your brain lives in time... your soul/ personality connects the two.

... Friday is not the same as new york ...

if it is not clear that an hour is not the same as a place ... i can not help you

poetic but not real informative

agree'd ... but i have to play the ignorance game ... and make it so clear that my gramr and spelling are not the main point being worked out...