Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rapist discovers he may have contracted HIV

questionmark

Richard Thomas knew the woman had another illness but was unaware of the HIV, Liverpool Crown Court heard.

When the 27-year-old was told she had the disease, he collapsed in "shock" and asked to be taken to hospital for tests to see if he had contracted the virus.

Thomas, of Sandringham Drive, Leigh, pleaded guilty to raping the woman on July 20 this year.

Read more

Hmmm... justice seems to work in mysterious ways.... :devil:

• Like 6

Hopefully justice has been well and truly served to him..............as long as some jumped up lawyer does not take on his case if he wants to sue her! nothing would surprise me.

5 years and 4 months is not enough, NOT being able to sue the victim later on if the results come back positive has to be part of the sentence too.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

LOL hahahaha

• Like 1

All I could say when reading this is...GOOD! And I hope he develops the disease as a lingering reminder of his crimes :tu:

Rapist may have caught HIV from Greater Manchester victim

A man who has been jailed for raping a woman is waiting to find out whether he has contracted HIV from her. Richard Thomas was sentenced to five years and four months after admitting raping the woman at her home in Leigh, Greater Manchester.

He knew she was ill but did not know she had HIV and collapsed when police told him, Liverpool Crown Court heard.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...hester-23935768

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

That's some serious poetic justice. He may of course have not been infected. It is not very likely to become infected from just one sexual encounter. HIV is also not the death sentence it once was - but a serious disease nonetheless

• Like 3

That's some serious poetic justice. He may of course have not been infected. It is not very likely to become infected from just one sexual encounter. HIV is also not the death sentence it once was - but a serious disease nonetheless

Ha - yeh! Poetic justice indeed. Id like to hope he does contract it. Serves him right! I have no clue about how they can test for it soon after possible infection, but I bet he really really regrets what he did, lots MORE than he may have done with 'just' a jail term, which is really just being locked up with 3 meals a day, your own toilet and a TV.

• Like 2

Hopefully justice has been well and truly served to him..............as long as some jumped up lawyer does not take on his case if he wants to sue her! nothing would surprise me.

5 years and 4 months is not enough, NOT being able to sue the victim later on if the results come back positive has to be part of the sentence too.

On what basis can he sue her? Being female and HIV positive - neither of those things are crimes. That he chose to rape her and was convicted of the same means by default that she was not a willing participant and therefore not in any way complicit in the outcome for him.

• Like 6

Just gotta say, what goes around comes around.

On what basis can he sue her? Being female and HIV positive - neither of those things are crimes. That he chose to rape her and was convicted of the same means by default that she was not a willing participant and therefore not in any way complicit in the outcome for him.

On the basis that in the past lawyers have encouraged the criminal to sue for damages if attacked and hurt themselves or emotionally hurt. Here are just a couple of examples as to how stupid the system can be, or rather how greedy the lawyers can be and will stoop lower than a 6 months rotten old turd at the bottom of a sewer to get money:

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/blog/2013/04/11/convicted-killer-sues-victims-family/index.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1430314/Move-to-ban-burglars-from-suing-victims.html

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/04/11/2552355/stop-outrageous-lawsuits-against.html

As I said earlier, nothing would surprise me!rolleyes.gif

• Like 2