Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unidentified animal seen on trail cam

Still Waters

Can you help identify this animal from the picture shown here?

It is unclear if this is an unverified picture of a “Bigfoot.” It was recently discovered on a “trail cam” placed in the nearby mountains.

It was surprising, to say the least, when I discovered the image on the camera’s disc. What in the world can this be?

http://www.southwest...n-on-trail-cam/

Click on the image to enlarge.

• Like 1

ONE picture. It is part of Sassy's signature MO.

(ONE footprint being another)

Edited by QuiteContrary

a bear with mange perhaps.. here are a few pictures to compare along side the original.

That was my first thought.

Edited by Razer
  • Like 1

Well, it has a tail and so far as I know Bigfoots aren't supposed to have tails. At least that's what all the so called experts say. That does look like a bear with mange or some kind of skin problem. Unfortunately, wild bears don't make regular trips to the vet like they should.

• Like 4

I agree it looks like a bear with mange.

There is nothing about this photo that says "Bigfoot". I agree, looks like a bear with mange or a pic of a primate in a wildlife preserve. Doesn't even look like a trail cam pic to me.

There is nothing large and muscular about the animal, which is one of the characteristics of Bigfoot sightings.

• Like 1

I'm gonna go with primate of some type, Hard to tell from the angle but the front appendages appear to be longer than the rear IMO.

goofy bear or BS.

consider the odds of so many pictured vs no physical evidence for bigfeet. occam would puke if you said, "yes but what about..."

somebody feed that skinny bear please!!!

Black bears don't bulk up like the Browns/Grizzlies/Kodiaks do. In fact, when they get shaved by a vet for some reason they look plumb emaciated.

• Like 1

Well, it has a tail and so far as I know Bigfoots aren't supposed to have tails. At least that's what all the so called experts say. That does look like a bear with mange or some kind of skin problem. Unfortunately, wild bears don't make regular trips to the vet like they should.

Well until having a tail is convenient that is.

But yeah, this is definitely a bear with some issues.

I think it is a whale.

Look at the below pic and compare it with the one in the OP.

Exact match, just different angles.

blue+whale+infoatinternet.blogspot.jpg

• Like 1

I looked very hard, Ken, I don't see a tail. of course, my eyes suck but... LOL

The hair around the head area looks longer than it should and reminds me of an orangutan.

But it is a good pic

The pic comes from my neck of the woods. It is a bear in poor health.

I DL'ed the pic and blew it up. You can see the tail, and you can also plainly see it clawing into the base of the rotting tree stump.

I looked very hard, Ken, I don't see a tail. of course, my eyes suck but... LOL

The hair around the head area looks longer than it should and reminds me of an orangutan.

But it is a good pic

Wow, if you can't see that then you really do need to see a doctor about those eyes. It's a stumpy thing, bears don't have tails like lions.

I'm going to say sloth, don't care where it was taken, just look at the similarities, it looks exactly like one. And I've seen one in real life so, yes its a sloth. (Maybe, probably not).

:)

• Like 1

It looks like a black bear to me. It also doesn't look like a trail cam pic at all. Where is the time and date stamp that most all trail cam pics show? Also, just one photo? I have my cams set for at least 3 photos a minute.

Mike