Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A disturbing speculation

ambelamba

There was something that I haven't thought about until recently. But one post on my Facebook page by a friend triggered a flow of thoughts.

The post was about a Canadian woman who was kidnapped by Somalians, along with her ex. I am not gonna hold anything back. She was brutally raped and raped repeatedly. And the savage captors were...very pious and devout people. Yes, I kid you not.

While I was reading the story I almost broke down and cried because I used to be a very sexist, misogynist SOB. Although I never committed such horrible crime in my life, my wretched inner past haunted me and tortured me. And I gotta confess, the culture in my homeland is a vastly misogynist and rapist-friendly. I am glad that I don't live there anymore and I am losing any interest in visiting my home country.

Now here's the terrifying thought: What if our First Contact will be with...a matriarchal society? I am being really serious. What if our world has been carefully observed by such culture for a long time and ends up being visited by them? And no, I am not gonna use that Snu Snu joke.

Folks, chances are we will be royally screwed. There's no way those Space Amazons will ever tolerate our sexist society. Even some of the Western nations will not escape their fury. And I wonder what will happen to America.

But, you know...in a lighter note we will probably see Harvey Weinstein getting caned in public for sexually exploiting actresses for the promise of Oscars. Probably I will be one of the happy spectators.

Who knows, maybe I will end up being a houseboy for one of those alien conqueresses. Good thing is that I am a good cook and handle household chores very well. I am nice and docile, and can take orders as long as they are reasonable. I might become an obedient servant as long as my job doesn't hurt fellow Earthlings.

And my heart is still heavy. And very sad...

• Like 1

Well...first off, I'm sorry you feel that way and I hope you find a way to cope and feel better. I think you can rest assured that that scenario will not happen. It's been hundreds of years and that hasn't happened yet, so I think our chances are pretty good. I think it matters not where you come from, but where you intend to go, figuratively and literally. A bunch of my family are drug and alcohol addicts unfortunately, but I don't follow that poor example. I think you'll be okay, I keep a journal and pray. Do something that will cheer you up. :)

Well...first off, I'm sorry you feel that way and I hope you find a way to cope and feel better. I think you can rest assured that that scenario will not happen. It's been hundreds of years and that hasn't happened yet, so I think our chances are pretty good. I think it matters not where you come from, but where you intend to go, figuratively and literally. A bunch of my family are drug and alcohol addicts unfortunately, but I don't follow that poor example. I think you'll be okay, I keep a journal and pray. Do something that will cheer you up. :)

Thanks. In fact, part of me actually wants this thing to happen. I am sorry for being too optimistic but probably they will be reasonable to those who surrender.

• Like 1

well....first of all, congratulate yourself for making all the way from a bitter mysoginyst to a thoughtful, caring person. As for your worries: it's not even remotely sure that there actually ARE other, advanced species out there. And even if, and they'd be actually able to visit our humble planet,

who says that they even would have somethng like seperate genders?

• Like 4

We all have our skeletons my friend, dwelling on them gets you no where. What we used to be and who we become are far more important. I myself used to be a very cold individual but have changed my ways through experiences... both good and bad.

The reality for me is...i'd rather fight for my fellow human than become a servant and "hope" everything will be ok. I cannot even fathom just rolling over and accepting the so called inevitable. Reminds me of a Pink Floyd lyric..."Would you exchange a walk on part in a war for the the lead role in a cage"? Just sayin'

• Like 1

Who are you reffering to as sexists , mens ? Lol ...in this modern society women are having more rights than mens. So don 't be worry if amazons are coming. Someone will finaly apreciate mens as what they trully are; good fathers, husbands and like kids that sometime need to be spoiled. To jail with those a few exceptions. God forbiden to be same like majority of girls looking for 30 k marriage, 2 carat engagement ring, solid income and avenues, mortgage free, 6 packs and hair stylist at his service.

Regarding those countries where mens are still raping womens or stoning them to death, jungle's paradise!

You've got an endless fund of these interesting, um, speculations about the horrible things the ETs might do to us, i must say.

• Like 1

Who are you reffering to as sexists , mens ? Lol ...in this modern society women are having more rights than mens. So don 't be worry if amazons are coming. Someone will finaly apreciate mens as what they trully are; good fathers, husbands and like kids that sometime need to be spoiled. To jail with those a few exceptions. God forbiden to be same like majority of girls looking for 30 k marriage, 2 carat engagement ring, solid income and avenues, mortgage free, 6 packs and hair stylist at his service.

So? Scumbags take the form of both men and women.
  • Like 1

A

You've got an endless fund of these interesting, um, speculations about the horrible things the ETs might do to us, i must say.

although if we're now speculating about Space Amazons and, maybe I will end up being a houseboy for one of those alien conqueresses, I suppose it depends what you regard as horrible. :cry:

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh
  • Like 1

This is like saying, "I used to kick my dog. A lot of people kick their dogs. What if Canine Aliens come to Earth and exact their retribution on us?"

• Like 1

This is like saying, "I used to kick my dog. A lot of people kick their dogs. What if Canine Aliens come to Earth and exact their retribution on us?"

hahaha....i read somewhere that a dog's short term memory span is somewhat between 10 and 20 seconds. So in that case, we could totally kick those aliens' butt and they'd immediately forget..... ;)

edit: typos

Edited by Jacques Terreur
  • Like 1

Now here's the terrifying thought: What if our First Contact will be with...a matriarchal society? I am being really serious. What if our world has been carefully observed by such culture for a long time and ends up being visited by them? And no, I am not gonna use that Snu Snu joke.

Folks, chances are we will be royally screwed.

you should be so lucky..... ^_^

• Like 3

Isn't it a long stretch from discovering some religious charlatan is abusing his status as a retreat leader to desiring an alien invasion of earth by Barbarella and her Amazonian Space-Dominatrix-Corps?

Maybe I'm missing a piece of the puzzle here. What happened in the span of the final 2 hours of the retreat that wigged you out so? Or maybe, as my Canadian neighbors say, you're "winding us up?"

If your tale is actual (what happened to the Korean exorcist?), I hope you find some peace, avoid religious retreats (you were coerced?) and have a helpful support system, professional and otherwise.

Look up a story called "Mamma Come Home" by James Tiptree Jr. It's in the collection "Ten Thousand Light years From Home."

you should be so lucky..... ^_^

I like bee`s answer ! And If E.T lands in my back yard I just hope there as beautiful as you Bee ! Then Were off on an Intergalatic Date,maybe off to Millyways and watch Disaster Zone hurl themselves into a Sun for the Entertainment!

Good to See you posting bee ! I miss you so !

• Like 1

Lamba why not just have the sun explode, it would take care of all the things your complaining about

Lamba why not just have the sun explode, it would take care of all the things your complaining about

No...there are still decent people and oppressed people out there who deserve better life...under a new management.

No...there are still decent people and oppressed people out there who deserve better life...under a new management.

Oh, I see where this is going

Oppression by sexy female amazon's is many mens fantasy of better management.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 1

Oh, I see where this is going

Oppression by sexy female amazon's is many mens fantasy of better management.

Thanks for the clarification. Never let a juicy fantasy get in the way of a good inter-gender tete-a-tete! I guess I didn't see it because of my xy. . .

how are you so sure that this race of female alien wouldnt lump us all in one group?

they'd use their Humanitarian missiles (or probably Phasers) to only take out our Evil Weapons, I am confident, just like the President is planning to do. No need to worry, we can trust them just as much as we can the President.

....maybe off to Millyways and watch Disaster Zone hurl themselves into a Sun for the Entertainment!

dude, usually, i REALLY am not of the smart-a** nerdy know-it-all type, but since your refer to one of my most favourite books ever, i have to correct you. The Band is called Disaster Area.

now correct me if i'm wrong or tell me to bugger off,

but please: just don't eat me! ;)

• Like 1

Just call in Elephants to negotiate for us, they are a matriarchal society.

On the border of Tibet in the Yunnan and Sichuan provinces, the Mosuo have developed a matriarchal society (not unheard of, there are a few I believe), maybe we could ask them if the Elephants are busy.

Edited by psyche101