Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another ufo-triangle over Melbourne

Spacenut56

Since these cameras look to be light intensifying types why could it not be an airliner flying at an obviously lower altitude? It is too bad he did not have a picture or video of the night sky being 'lit up' without light intensification.

I saw a black triangle plane a couple years ago. Perfect triangle. It had a white strobe light on the bottom, in the center, that was almost blinding even in daylight. It was definitly man made though. It sounded like a f16, really loud. I was surprised they flew it over my area, cause its pretty populated. I think they will probably be revealing it to the public soon.

so massive that it lit up the sky..

well now.. shame that it was not massive enough for anyone else to see or report it..

Ok I`ll bite ! Its the Very rare and little known of or seen ,DoritioBandito Space Fleet looking for a place to come out of that murky pond.

Or It could be just a normal aircraft at alt,and the cam operator had a few too many Liter sized Fosters !

so massive that it lit up the sky..

well now.. shame that it was not massive enough for anyone else to see or report it..

Wrong. Several other witnesses gave similar descriptions on the youtube site.

Ok I`ll bite ! Its the Very rare and little known of or seen ,DoritioBandito Space Fleet looking for a place to come out of that murky pond. Or It could be just a normal aircraft at alt,and the cam operator had a few too many Liter sized Fosters !

It is very rare, I know a number of people who have seen the same phenomenon over the years, but I've never met or even heard of anyone who has ever seen this particular event twice. I've never seen it.

The value to ufological studies is how the actual apparition engendered particular interpretations on the part of intelligent, perceptive witnesses. THAT has a lot of important stuff to teach us.

• Like 1

interesting but no way to tell what it is or where it is

Your fatalism is unwarranted. The observer gave a place and time and direction of motion, angular size and angular rate across the sky -- parameters all too rare in run-of-the-mill UFO reports, which bound the range of potential prosaic stimuli and allow a manageably narrowed search pattern to look for documented 'fits'.

Where would YOU look for candidates to be tested against the detailed descriptions?

• Like 1

Is this a case of bad astronomy Jim?

EDIT: Previous poster said it already.

Edited by MrBene

Sorry to spoil your fun Jim, the suspense was killing me!

Are you still satisfied with this explanation ?

Cat's out of the bag.

By this, of course, I mean NORAD's space CATalog, which lists the objects.

Wrong. Several other witnesses gave similar descriptions on the youtube site.

what I mean Jim.. is nothing on the news.. and the aussie news will put stuff like this on it :) nothing on the tv.. or the papers..

• Like 1

It looks like the ISS. And looking at Nasa's skywatch, it looks like it passed over Australia the past few days:

Date Visible Max Height Appears Disappears Share Event Tue Sep 3, 4:09 AM < 1 min 15° 15 above E 15 above E Tue Sep 3, 5:42 AM 4 min 24° 17 above W 10 above N Wed Sep 4, 4:57 AM 2 min 33° 33 above N 11 above NNE Thu Sep 5, 7:07 PM 2 min 19° 10 above N 19 above NNE Fri Sep 6, 6:20 PM 2 min 10° 10 above NE 10 above ENE Fri Sep 6, 7:54 PM 2 min 31° 10 above WNW 31 above WNW Sat Sep 7, 7:05 PM 5 min 76° 11 above NW 25 above SE Sun Sep 8, 6:20 PM 2 min 30° 30 above E 11 above ESE Sun Sep 8, 7:55 PM 2 min 19° 16 above WSW 18 above SSW Mon Sep 9, 7:06 PM 4 min 31° 28 above WSW 11 above SSE Tue Sep 10, 6:21 PM < 1 min 12° 12 above SE 10 above SE Wed Sep 11, 7:06 PM 2 min 13° 12 above SW 11 above S

It looks like the ISS. And looking at Nasa's skywatch, it looks like it passed over Australia the past few days:...

If you watch the video he shows that morning's ISS pass half an hour before the cloud-UFO.

Or maybe what he thought was the ISS was a satellite (they are easy to see on a clear night) and the brighter object was the ISS. But either way, triangle craft I am 99.9% sure are terrestrial in nature, and until a little green man from another solar system pops out of one, I have no reason to believe otherwise.

All I saw was a white (or green, depending on the camera) dot. Unless I'm missing something (and I very well may be) I don't see anything unusual about it.

New analysis by Ted Molczan, based on tracking data of the Chinese satellites and their booster. He demonstrates that the booster thrusted away from the payloads after deploying them, coincidentally while sunlit and passing over Melbourne. So the 'fuel dump' isn't just speculation, analysis of the tracking data proves it occurred at exactly the time Lou was observing and videotaping his aircraft carrier sized UFO.

http://www.satobs.org/seesat/Sep-2013/0107.html