Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American Horror Story: Coven

Keel M.

Anyone planning on watching this season? It starts 9 October. It piqued my interest because it's set here in New Orleans and will feature two very well-known women in our history. And a friend of a friend is the dialect coach so I want to see if she's worth the $3,200 a week she's getting. :lol:

• Like 4

Is this series any good? I'm looking for a Bar Rescue/Kitchen Nightmares replacement and this looked interesting.

I don't know, to be honest. I didn't watch the first two seasons. There's a thread in this section for the first year if you dig around. :)

• Like 1

Is this series any good? I'm looking for a Bar Rescue/Kitchen Nightmares replacement and this looked interesting.

I personally liked the first season an awful lot. It's very original, I will say.

The interesting thing is the seasons tell different stories, so if you were to start with Coven, you wouldn't be missing out.

New Orleans, as Ann Rice knows, is a great setting for horror stories. The city is steeped in hauntings and voodoo. Kathy Bates is playing a character based on the evil, notorious Madame LaLaurie. Her crimes are similar to Mengele's crimes.

Her Torture Of Slaves:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delphine_LaLaurie

Edited by Detective Mystery 2013
  • Like 1

New Orleans, as Ann Rice knows, is a great setting for horror stories. The city is steeped in hauntings and voodoo. Kathy Bates is playing a character based on the evil, notorious Madame LaLaurie. Her crimes are similar to Mengele's crimes.

Her Torture Of Slaves:

https://en.wikipedia...lphine_LaLaurie

I love the Lestat series.. New Orleans really is an awesome setting for horror.

• Like 1

Her Torture Of Slaves:

https://en.wikipedia...lphine_LaLaurie

I have a pdf copy of an article from a paper here a few years ago implying that the blame should rest more certainly on her husband's shoulders rather than hers entirely. He, after all, was the doctor. If you're interested in reading it, PM me your email address and I will send it to you. I don't recall the name of the paper, though.

And Angela Bassett is supposed to portray Marie Laveau, who was also very much a real woman and the Voodoo queen everyone is familiar with.

Edited by Child of Bast

I love the Lestat series.. New Orleans really is an awesome setting for horror.

It's one of the best. London and Paris come to mind too. Heck, the whole British Isles do. There was an old series that covered English, Irish, Scottish, and Welsh haunted places.

I have a pdf copy of an article from a paper here a few years ago implying that the blame should rest more certainly on her husband's shoulders rather than hers entirely. He, after all, was the doctor. If you're interested in reading it, PM me your email address and I will send it to you. I don't recall the name of the paper, though.

And Angela Bassett is supposed to portray Marie Laveau, who was also very much a real woman and the Voodoo queen everyone is familiar with.

Feel free to IM the link to me. Did the theory claim that her husband murdered and tortured the poor slaves, or did it just blame him for her depravity and insanity? In any event, it was new to me. By the way, it will be interesting to see how they mix voodoo with witchcraft on the series since both will be represented.

I love love loved the first season of this show! The second, not so much.

Coven looks like it'll be pretty good so I'm giving it a shot this year. If you haven't already, look up some of the teaser trailers on YouTube. Pretty Freaky~

The interesting thing is the seasons tell different stories, so if you were to start with Coven, you wouldn't be missing out.

^This is true as well. The seasons do not intertwine, so it doesn't matter what season you watch first or not at all!

Feel free to IM the link to me. Did the theory claim that her husband murdered and tortured the poor slaves, or did it just blame him for her depravity and insanity? In any event, it was new to me. By the way, it will be interesting to see how they mix voodoo with witchcraft on the series since both will be represented.

Hey DM, the article I have actually appeared in a print paper here and I scanned it here at work to share with my three friends I share a blog with. I was going to write a follow-up to the story I wrote for the blog, but never did. So the only thing I have is a pdf of that article, no link online. I can't even remember what paper it might've appeared in since nothing on the scan gives a clue. :rofl:

Am I the only one who actually liked the second season more than the first?

What did you like better about the second season?

I'm just curious.

What did you like better about the second season?

I'm just curious.

I don't know really, I just enjoyed it more. I'm not sure why.

• Like 1

It felt more important, and had different aspects of horror to it, body mutilation, aliens, psychotics, and asylums were scary in themselves.

I actually liekd it more too. And zach quinto *spoiler* being bloody face I caught me totally off guard

• Like 1

Hey DM, the article I have actually appeared in a print paper here and I scanned it here at work to share with my three friends I share a blog with. I was going to write a follow-up to the story I wrote for the blog, but never did. So the only thing I have is a pdf of that article, no link online. I can't even remember what paper it might've appeared in since nothing on the scan gives a clue. :rofl:

Thanks, anyway. I might be able to find it somewhere.

Does anyone know where I can watch the second season on line maybe? I watched the first season on netflix, but they havent put up the second season yet.

Does anyone know where I can watch the second season on line maybe? I watched the first season on netflix, but they havent put up the second season yet.

couchtuner.eu

That is my all time favorite site to watch all my shows. :tsu:

• Like 1

Man, I miss the city. We live on the MS Gulf Coast now, but I usually like to tune in to shows set in the city just to see how badly they butcher the accent/dialect/culture.

Edited by deepfreezemcgee