Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American Horror Story: Coven

Keel M.

Man, I miss the city. We live on the MS Gulf Coast now, but I usually like to tune in to shows set in the city just to see how badly they butcher the accent/dialect/culture.

Well I can assure you that they won't be butchering any dialect this time around.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I absolutely loved the premier, this season looks very promising. I love that Kathy Bates character is based off of something true in our history. Makes it even more entertaining to me.

I'd love to hear your guys' thoughts.

• Like 1

I missed and i forgot to set the recording...because the one time i forget something time related its something i wanted to do...because God hates me

• Like 1

I absolutely loved the premier, this season looks very promising. I love that Kathy Bates character is based off of something true in our history. Makes it even more entertaining to me.

I'd love to hear your guys' thoughts.

Well, they have taken liberties with the Madame LaLaurie story, but I expect liberties to be taken when it comes to Hollywood.

Over-all, I enjoyed it, though I'm not quite sure about the special abilities of each of the four girls at the school.

Queenie's is clear because she stated it when they were at the dinner table: she's a living voodoo doll

Madison I heard her or someone else mention, but forgot what they called her.

Nan... not sure about

Zoe... not sure about either, but I think it has something to do with sex...? :unsure2:

Well, they have taken liberties with the Madame LaLaurie story, but I expect liberties to be taken when it comes to Hollywood.

Over-all, I enjoyed it, though I'm not quite sure about the special abilities of each of the four girls at the school.

Queenie's is clear because she stated it when they were at the dinner table: she's a living voodoo doll

Madison I heard her or someone else mention, but forgot what they called her.

Nan... not sure about

Zoe... not sure about either, but I think it has something to do with sex...? :unsure2:

I believe Nan (If she is the right one I am thinking about) is clairvoyant? Zoe's ablility is a bit strange to me, lol. Seems like when she has sex with someone she kills them? Sorta reminded me of that movie Teeth.

I missed and i forgot to set the recording...because the one time i forget something time related its something i wanted to do...because God hates me

You can watch it online at couchtuner.eu

:yes:

• Like 1

This is the first time I've watched it and I'm looking forward to seeing Leslie Jordon playing a serious role. He's a local celebrity and so adorable. I must say the first episode peaked my interest.

• Like 2

Ohhhhh I love Leslie Jordan!!! He is a scene-stealer for sure! I didn't know he's in the show too. I'll be watching for him.

• Like 1

I know Nan could hear Madame La Laurie in the courtyard.

Yeah and she knew about what Madison did before she told Zoe.

I dont have cable I wanted to see this so bad

couchtuner.eu ! It's what I use when I miss my shows!

I just consider Nan to have psychic powers not really witchcraft.

Poor Zoe she got stuck with the worse power of all unless of course you have a grudge against a lot of guys.

I was also surprised they killed Evan's character off so early, though my daughter saw some future stuff but I won't mention it yet (spoiler) unless others also have seen it.

"Nan is a recurring character in Coven. She is a student witch at Miss Robichaux's Academy for Exceptional Young Ladies, and described as "enigmatic". Nan is a clairvoyant."

http://americanhorro...ia.com/wiki/Nan

Found that today. I knew I remember hearing one of the girls saying she was clairvoyant.

Also:

Madison: Teleknisis

Zoe: Kill violently and uncontrollably whoever has sex with her. (Interesting Power, lol)

Queenie: Inflict her wounds and pain on to other individuals.

Kyle is listed as a main character, and I saw some previews. No doubt he will be back!

Edited by littlewallflower
  • Like 1

I like Queenie's own description of her abilities: a living voodoo doll :tu:

• Like 3

I know, wasn't it? And then with the knife afterward threatening to slice her own neck. Crazy **** there! LOL

I like Queenie's own description of her abilities: a living voodoo doll :tu:

Yeah it said on the page that her powers are what coined the nickname "Living Voodoo Doll"

Pretty neat power to have, lol.

• Like 1

So far I'm not feeling this, nearly as much as Asylum. And as hammy as Asylum was, so far this is really hammy.

But I'll stick with it, I just hope the show doesn't rely on it's stellar female performances to get by.

• Like 1

I've watched the first couple episodes of this season, and I have to say, I like it so far. My hubby still has no desire to watch it though, lol.

• Like 1

I read an interesting article that talked about the one reason why AMHS is the most awesome thing on television right now and basically it's because in one episode alone, they'll have a story progress or some crazy actions happen, whereas most other shows try and stretch and build it up for most of the season. And it's true. Look at how much crazy stuff has happened in all 3 seasons so far and yes it is great and refreshing.

If we want shows that build up suspense for a long time and then possibly give us a climax that is underwhelming, we have plenty of options. I'm more excited for AMHS now, though I do find that it' even more occulty than previous seasons in a disturbing manner.

Last Season (Asylum) had a thin line of 'good v evil' in terms of general religious aspects of the phrase, this time they're all big ol' devil helpers with their witchy madness, no matter what 'side. :P

Last Friday our local paper did a spread about the La Laurie mansion in the home/garden pull out section with some amazing photographs of the interior of the house. I don't know of any other time where the general public has been able to see what the interior of the house looks like because it's not open to the public, being a private residence. I managed to find the same article online:

The French Quarter's famous Lalaurie house gets an elegant makeover that plays to its haunted past

Edited by Child of Bast
  • Like 2

Feel free to IM the link to me. Did the theory claim that her husband murdered and tortured the poor slaves, or did it just blame him for her depravity and insanity? In any event, it was new to me. By the way, it will be interesting to see how they mix voodoo with witchcraft on the series since both will be represented.

She was depraved from what I was told. I don't buy her husband made her do it. Lol